***Spoiler FREE*** Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Acgott

5 hours ago, August4th said:

IDK why Disney would not go into this without a outline for episodes 7-9. they looking kinda amateurish with the way they handled this story

Kind of amazing when you consider what they did with the Marvel series.  20+ movies, and a plan in place for it all.  When you watch some of the less important movies, you still see lots of little things that connect them.  It's great.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theJ said:

Kind of amazing when you consider what they did with the Marvel series.  20+ movies, and a plan in place for it all.  When you watch some of the less important movies, you still see lots of little things that connect them.  It's great.

that and Disney has allllllll the resources in the world

I bet their are a ton of really talented storytellers and creative people in general Disney could of found who would of loved to come up with a 3 film outline for star wars, but Disney somehow fumbled that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theJ said:

Money and ego. Its what's  ruined the DCU and many other franchises. 

They give certain executives final say on all things and many are more concerned with their paychecks and egos then they are about the story. Kevin Feige is a uncommon breed in Hollywood that managed to pull off something amazing. Kennedy is just another egomaniacal producer. 

On 12/20/2019 at 9:54 PM, Calvert28 said:

Yea and despite its score on RT most of the reviews i've seen dont even address the story at all. The vast majority talk about the stunning CGI or its action packed scenes, and

If the part I deleted after this post was a spoiler, real jerk move. It's been 3 days...

21 minutes ago, JonStark said:

If the part I deleted after this post was a spoiler, real jerk move. It's been 3 days...

Lots of people kissed in the movie. That's not a spoiler, thats like saying the good guys win.

It's nothing important, I promise. Still though my bad if you think it is though im curious as to why you would quote it if that were the case.

Edited by Calvert28

6 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Feige in charge compared to Kathleen

He strung together 20+ movies with a flowing, cohesive narrative and stayed largely true to the characters.

She couldnt even do 3, clearly had no vision, and overly relied on noatalgia while simultaneously pissing all over said nostalgia.

She ruined Star Wars, but would fit right in with the DCEU.

I was actually very pleased. I think the pacing was a bit rushed but it's to finalize things so I get that. I wouldn't have been opposed to sitting through another half an hour or so though. I mean, Endgame was much longer and I think had more 'downtime'

Overall I enjoyed the trilogy. It's better than the prequels, I'll say that. I'm also one of the few who enjoyed TLJ who also enjoyed this. Abrams does tie up some loose ends from Johnson without crapping on them. He does crap on one of them though obviously.

On 12/23/2019 at 1:22 PM, JoshstraDaymus said:

I was actually very pleased. I think the pacing was a bit rushed but it's to finalize things so I get that. I wouldn't have been opposed to sitting through another half an hour or so though. I mean, Endgame was much longer and I think had more 'downtime'

Overall I enjoyed the trilogy. It's better than the prequels, I'll say that. I'm also one of the few who enjoyed TLJ who also enjoyed this. Abrams does tie up some loose ends from Johnson without crapping on them. He does crap on one of them though obviously.

I think that Clone Wars destroyed the prequels, personally. It ruined the other 2. So stupid.

Going to see RoS tomorrow and I just finished my watch through of the previous ones to get ready.

I didn't like TLJ when it first came out but was better on re-watch. I still hate Rose and the love story. It would have been so much better to let Finn sacrifice himself. Also don't like how quickly/efficiently Rey uses the force and lightsabers and Luke fading out was dumb. I get what they were going for with Luke but it was done poorly imo.

Having different directors for a trilogy is a terrible choice that needs to be avoided by franchises when possible.