***Spoiler FREE*** Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Acgott

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Pretty much. 

Had Kennedy focused on delivering an actual story with real fans of the series. For all the gripes that there may have been it probably would have been much better received.

But Disney bought this to make money, that is it. Iger gave Kennedy the reigns and so long as they are turning a profit that's all that counts, so since they have no real big baddy going into the 3rd they pretty much had too. 

If they were going for another trilogy I would think they could have saved this series in a big way had they just used that trilogy to add on to this one and correct it with a real producer like Feige and a comprehensive story tying up all the plot holes and such of these 3 movies and make it a grand spectacle. 

As it is, it appears that Disney has put a freeze on a lot of things because of the failures from TLJ to Solo.  They are only producing the Mandalorian, Cassian Andor series and the Obi-Wan series right now.  The trilogy from the GoT creators is dead, and it appears that they might take back The Phantom Menace's trilogy from him, if they haven't already.  Novels are at a snail's pace compared to what they once were, as well.  

Since the Disney parks have opened, this should be the Golden Age of Star Wars with tons and tons of content across all genres.  As it stands currently, it's anything but. 

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

nd it appears that they might take back The Phantom Menace's trilogy from him, if they haven't already.

They never actually announced that. Rian was asked about it and his answer was basically dont believe everything you read. They probably only have had prelim discussions because Johnson does have a decent non-star wars schedule going. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

They never actually announced that. Rian was asked about it and his answer was basically dont believe everything you read. They probably only have had prelim discussions because Johnson does have a decent non-star wars schedule going. 

I think they pretty much confirmed it with the silence and the fact he was supposed to serve as an adviser to D&D and their trilogy which has now been pulled as well.

Seems they are 2nd guessing alot of the things they are doing right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

It wasn't just TLJ that was impacted, Solo essentially bombed because TLJ was so bad.  

Yep and it was a global rejection of Disney Star Wars.  The international box office total was lower than the domestic take.  The WHOLE PLANET said no thank you.

It basically shut down Lucasfilm as a movie studio.  All they have now is the streaming shows and Episode 9.  Even the new Star Wars park attractions aren't doing well.

• Like 2

Currently sitting at 6.9 on IMDb. I was conflicted on whether I should bother seeing this in theaters. I'm not super excited about it, and knowing this score will probably drop over the next few weeks confirms it. 

I have Disney plus. I can wait until it hits that. 

3 hours ago, theJ said:

Currently sitting at 6.9 on IMDb. I was conflicted on whether I should bother seeing this in theaters. I'm not super excited about it, and knowing this score will probably drop over the next few weeks confirms it. 

I have Disney plus. I can wait until it hits that. 

It was at a 5.5 with early reviews. Maybe it's trending upward?