***Spoiler FREE*** Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Acgott

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

But why was Yoda acting silly?

He just pretended to be crazy in ESB to test Luke

Not sure if you're referencing me, I don't eman Yoda's entire scene. But once he nukes the tree, his dialogue to Luke with the music was my fav part of the movie

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

Do you like Star wars?  Was it part of your early movie going experiences?  Then go.  It's like a 2 hour and under $10 investment.  Then decode for yourself.  I enjoyed it.  Will probably see it a couple more times before it goes into hibernation before home release.

If that's all it was, then i'd go.  But i've got two young kids that can't go.  So babysitter, planning ahead, etc.  There's a reason i can only go to the movies about twice a year.  Do i want to spend one of my two rounds on this movie?

1 minute ago, theJ said:

If that's all it was, then i'd go.  But i've got two young kids that can't go.  So babysitter, planning ahead, etc.  There's a reason i can only go to the movies about twice a year.  Do i want to spend one of my two rounds on this movie?

I mean that's totally subjective. Do you enjoy going to the movies? Personally I don't, but I always want to see a Star Wars movie in theaters once. Nothing like the feeling of the opening scroll on the screen with the theme blaring (though the scroll in this movie is horrendous lmao)

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I mean that's totally subjective. Do you enjoy going to the movies? Personally I don't, but I always want to see a Star Wars movie in theaters once. Nothing like the feeling of the opening scroll on the screen with the theme blaring (though the scroll in this movie is horrendous lmao)

I do, it's just a PITA to plan it ahead.  Ultimately i'm probably not going to see this one in theaters. 

7 minutes ago, theJ said:

I guess it depends on what type of movies do you enjoy most and if not having it spoiled is important to you.  I'm guessing that you made it to Endgame.  I literally took a half day off when, after the midnight showing opening night, I had a student come in and threaten to spoil it.  Having grown up during the OT, Star wars is just a thing for me.  I raised one of my kids in it too, with the prequel trilogy.  So we made sure to go later last night.  

Whe n my kids were younger, their mom and I would take turns staying home while the other one went.  It kinda sucked going alone, but you don't get distracted.  

If you are a Star Wars fan, you should go.  It only takes a few days to hear spoilers everywhere you go.  I had a three week embargo in my class after TLJ, Endgame, and Infinity War.  No way I was letting any of them ruin it for me.  (and I threatened spoilers when they would refuse to work, talk or whatever.  You wouldn't believe how well they managed each other after Infinity War cam,e out and they were talking so I simply said Spiderman dies.  Anyone want to keep talking?  Great work ethic and behavior for three weeks, but I digress).   

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

TLJ was weird. I left the theater thinking "I think I liked that". Then I saw it again, and liked it less. I have seen it twice since it left theaters so 4 total and I just don't like it much at all anymore, especially last week when I ran through the series 

I feel as a standalone movie, the cinematography etc was great, but I didn't like it as a Star Wars movie

This is essentially how I felt about it then and now.  

3 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I guess it depends on what type of movies do you enjoy most and if not having it spoiled is important to you.  I'm guessing that you made it to Endgame.  I literally took a half day off when, after the midnight showing opening night, I had a student come in and threaten to spoil it.  Having grown up during the OT, Star wars is just a thing for me.  I raised one of my kids in it too, with the prequel trilogy.  So we made sure to go later last night.  

Whe n my kids were younger, their mom and I would take turns staying home while the other one went.  It kinda sucked going alone, but you don't get distracted.  

If you are a Star Wars fan, you should go.  It only takes a few days to hear spoilers everywhere you go.  I had a three week embargo in my class after TLJ, Endgame, and Infinity War.  No way I was letting any of them ruin it for me.  (and I threatened spoilers when they would refuse to work, talk or whatever.  You wouldn't believe how well they managed each other after Infinity War cam,e out and they were talking so I simply said Spiderman dies.  Anyone want to keep talking?  Great work ethic and behavior for three weeks, but I digress).   

I'd rather not have it spoiled, but something tells me this won't be an issue with this movie. 

6 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Do you like Star wars?  Was it part of your early movie going experiences?  Then go.  It's like a 2 hour and under $10 investment.  Then decode for yourself.  I enjoyed it.  Will probably see it a couple more times before it goes into hibernation before home release.

Umm...most of the people who hated Last Jedi and dont like this were huge old school Star Wars fans.  

These movies actually make me appreciate the prequel trilogy.  

1-3:  Good vision, mediocre execution 

4-6:  Great vision, great execution

7-9:  No vision, so execution is largely irrelevant

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Umm...most of the people who hated Last Jedi and dont like this were huge old school Star Wars fans.  

These movies actually make me appreciate the prequel trilogy.  

1-3:  Good vision, mediocre execution 

4-6:  Great vision, great execution

7-9:  No vision, so execution is largely irrelevant

Yea and despite its score on RT most of the reviews i've seen dont even address the story at all. The vast majority talk about the stunning CGI or its action packed scenes, and "finally they kissed!"

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Saw that awhile ago.  Certainly livens up an otherwise laughable lightsaber duel.

Lol look at the one comment that says "Imagine if they had a Disney level budget" It was over 62K likes. I have never seen a comment with that many likes. 

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea and despite its score on RT most of the reviews i've seen dont even address the story at all. The vast majority talk about the stunning CGI or its action packed scenes, and "finally they kissed!"

Most people Ive seen who are giving it well thought out, insightful reviews said its action and CGI are pretty impressive, but beyond that, its a mess.

• Like 1