***Spoiler FREE*** Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Acgott

I hate the negativity.  I like it.  I wish others did, too.  Biggest reason I like it is it’s not fan service and it’s not what you’d want to happen.  I feel like if that’s not the most appropriate representation of how the Force should be, I don’t know what is. Star Wars fan to the end.

On 11/27/2019 at 1:01 PM, THE DUKE said:

Because it sounds like they have no real idea of where it is going as a franchise and are making it up as they go along.  Some people can do that and do it well.  But it makes it a lot tougher to present a coherent storyline in a franchise of movies that is expected to span long into the future.  The reason the MCU has been so successful is Kevin Feige and his overarching master plan that can tie 23 movies together into one connected universe.  It's why i'm excited for the post Infinity phase of the MCU, because i'm sure there is a plan.

Wrestling is the same way.  You don't start a story without knowing the end point.  Every time someone has done that kind of story, you can tell and it backfires.  Though with as much material from The Force Awakens that The Last Jedi ignores/throws out the window, I can imagine that they didn't really have this planned out from start to finish.  

This is writing and storytelling 101.  I can't believe she would say something like that.  

• Like 1

Oh, and to completely ignore the EU is ridiculous right now.  To date, the only characters that have carried over that I know of are Thrawn (even though I don't watch the animated shows) and maybe Revan and the Crusaders.  Otherwise, that's it.  There is plenty of source material to pull from, they just choose not to use it.  I get putting Legends in hibernation, just as the Marvel movies aren't writing the movies as a blatant copy of a comic book arc.  However, they can easily pull people like Thawn, Daala, Pellaeon, Kir Kanos, Jerec and his dark Jedi, Kyle Katarn, Rogue Squadron and other characters and put them into their own storylines.  

On 11/28/2019 at 6:22 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Oh, and to completely ignore the EU is ridiculous right now.  To date, the only characters that have carried over that I know of are Thrawn (even though I don't watch the animated shows) and maybe Revan and the Crusaders.  Otherwise, that's it.  There is plenty of source material to pull from, they just choose not to use it.  I get putting Legends in hibernation, just as the Marvel movies aren't writing the movies as a blatant copy of a comic book arc.  However, they can easily pull people like Thawn, Daala, Pellaeon, Kir Kanos, Jerec and his dark Jedi, Kyle Katarn, Rogue Squadron and other characters and put them into their own storylines.  

They have the EU and six movies to work from. There's no reason a good story couldn't have been made. Kennedy's just a moron. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I hope we get a flashback sequence to open the movie where we see the Death Star fragments crash to whatever planet that is at the finale of ROTJ.  Show us a squad of X-Wings flying over the wreckage scanning for survivors.  Show us visually how it went down (pun intended).  

Edited by thrILL!

If anyone has seen the trailer where Kylo Ren meets The Senate, if you look closely when Ren is descending below ground, you can see a masked face carved into the wall and it's Darth Nihilus from KOTOR II.  In one of the sourcebooks of The Last Jedi, Luke had a Jedi Crusader medallion in his hut on Acht-To, which was the splinter group led by Revan and Malak before the events of KOTOR I.  

I'm really interested to see if they really do go all the way and make them canon.