2019 Eastern Conference First Round Thread

11sanchez11

19 minutes ago, showtime said:

"Until Ben Simmons developers his jumper...."

"Just wait until Ben Simmons learns to shoot..."

I don't get why people keep saying this stuff.  It's not going to happen.

In my opinion this has to be the biggest JOKE maybe in sports history. How does a player, a PG none the less, in a ERA which 3 point shooting is at a premium, NOT make a single 3 pointer in 3 seasons??? Not to mention that he went to a high level basketball college and one of the most elite HS in America. It's not like he doesn't have time. All he does in his life is play basketball. 

He doesn't even have a mid-range shot and doesn't shoot FTs well either. 

Ben Simmons has got to be the biggest "mental midget" in professional sports. 

26 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

In my opinion this has to be the biggest JOKE maybe in sports history. How does a player, a PG none the less, in a ERA which 3 point shooting is at a premium, NOT make a single 3 pointer in 3 seasons??? Not to mention that he went to a high level basketball college and one of the most elite HS in America. It's not like he doesn't have time. All he does in his life is play basketball. 

because he's dedicating his summers to the kardashians instead of getting in the gym and getting up shots

38 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Because he shoots jump shots with the wrong hand. How does a "left-handed" player finish over 70% of his dunks, layups, and floaters with his right hand?

17 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Because he shoots jump shots with the wrong hand. How does a "left-handed" player finish over 70% of his dunks, layups, and floaters with his right hand?

I still think you can be a decent shooter if you have shot with your non-dominant hand for years. Rawle Alkins for example. Shot 37% from three and 73% from the ft line in college.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Did you know Larry Bird was left handed?

Not knowing what hand to shoot with doesn't excuse that type of shooting deficiency. Instead of something getting done about it, nothing, ZERO has improved in how many years since he arrived from Australia ??? 

I guess this wasn't clear: I was making fun of Simmons shooting with the wrong hand. He does everything else (throw a football and baseball with his right hand, kick with his right foot, shoot layups!) right dominant.

I'm not defending him at all. He's stubborn enough to stick with it, so he's leaving himself open to the criticism.

34 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I guess this wasn't clear: I was making fun of Simmons shooting with the wrong hand. He does everything else (throw a football and baseball with his right hand, kick with his right foot, shoot layups!) right dominant.

I'm not defending him at all. He's stubborn enough to stick with it, so he's leaving himself open to the criticism.

I write left handed, kick with my left foot, bat left handed, hold my beer left handed and pretty much use my left as my dominant hand in everything but sports. I throw right handed and shoot right handed. It gets murky when you can use both hands. Its whatever he feels comfortable with on a jumper. For example, I can shoot and throw with both hands but right handed feels more comfortable on jumpers and throwing for me. 

25 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I write left handed, kick with my left foot, bat left handed, hold my beer left handed and pretty much use my left as my dominant hand in everything but sports. I throw right handed and shoot right handed. It gets murky when you can use both hands. Its whatever he feels comfortable with on a jumper. For example, I can shoot and throw with both hands but right handed feels more comfortable on jumpers and throwing for me. 

Your're probably bricking everything anyway...

;)

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Do you shoot the majority of your layups, floaters, etc. with your left hand but shoot jumpers with your right?

Archived