***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

6 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

How was Hulk nerfed?

Was he weaker than full Hulk before the snap? Or you guys just didn't like the story of the snap hurting him so he couldn't fight at full power in the final battle?

The Hulk in general was nerfed for the entirety of the MCU. Real Hulk, even professor Hulk would hVe eventually healed from the damaged done by the gauntlet from the comics. That's what he was referencing. 

Just now, dtait93 said:

Again, for the second time now, this is my actual quote... “Pretty dumb they nerfed him into the ground but Danvers, who is more overpowered, stayed at the same power level.”

How is this not completely obvious to you that this is my opinion? I also already explained to you it has nothing to do with the story connecting or not connecting. It has to do with the way they wrote him. 

AGAIN WHAT DOES CAROL HAVE  TO DO WITH THE DIRECTION THE CHARACTER OF THE HULK GOES IN? 

JESUS CHRIST MAN. 

Just now, PapaShogun said:

AGAIN WHAT DOES CAROL HAVE  TO DO WITH THE DIRECTION THE CHARACTER OF THE HULK GOES IN? 

JESUS CHRIST MAN. 

I already explained it to you. How about going back and reading what I’ve actually said instead of freaking out like a 6 year old?

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

Nope. Not what I was implying at all. I was asking what Carol has to do with the "Hulk should be more powerful since Carol is around" logic. 

Carol at this point is Binery Captain Marvel from the comics. The question he is asking is why her powers are essentially the same from the comics as well as SW to an extent but somehow Thor, and Hulk were nerfed? That's the question. If they were going to nerf the original Avengers to make it "more interesting" then why not Danvers as well to make it "more interesting".

• Like 1

Just now, dtait93 said:

I already explained it to you. How about going back and reading what I’ve actually said instead of freaking out like a 6 year old?

And your logic makes zero sense dude. I've read what you said. It's nonsensical. It's your opinion though, and that's fine. You feel the way you feel. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Carol at this point is Binery Captain Marvel from the comics. The question he is asking is why her powers are essentially the same from the comics as well as SW to an extent but somehow Thor, and Hulk were nerfed? That's the question. If they were going to nerf the original Avengers to make it "more interesting" then why not Danvers as well to make it "more interesting".

What does it matter? Carol has nothing to do with the direction of those characters. I don't see it as less interesting since Carol is barely in the film. 

13 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

What does it matter? Carol has nothing to do with the direction of those characters. I don't see it as less interesting since Carol is barely in the film. 

Nobody said she has anything to do with it. But naturally in a super hero film you will compare the power level of one hero to another. Hulk was too powerful so they nerfed him, yet Captain Marvel is even more powerful so they.....kept her the same? It’s inconsistent writing

Edited by dtait93

19 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Scarlett Witch's powers have at no point ever been close to her comic counterpart in the MCU. Just ebcause she went toe to toe with Thanos for 15 seconds and lost?!

4 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Nobody said she has anything to do with it. But naturally in a super hero film you will compare the power level of one hero to another. Hulk was too powerful so they nerfed him, yet Captain Marvel is even more powerful so they.....kept her the same? It’s inconsistent writing

It's not inconsistent writing. They literally address it in the first 10 damn minutes of the film stating she cannot always be on Earth.

9 hours ago, ET80 said:

Wild idea...but if anyone could pull it off, it would be Feige and the Russo Brothers: How about the X-Men, but...have it happen in real time, during the events of the Infinity Stone saga?

In essence, the X-Men movies all take place at the same times that all of the Avengers/GOTG movies are happening in this universe. Loki and the Chitauri are attacking NY? The X-Men want to help, but they're busy liberating mutants from Genosha Island and destroying the Sentinel program along with Mr. Sinister. Sokovia is about to be hurled into the Earth? Can't do much right now, the X-Men are desperately trying to remove Xavier's mind from the entity known as Onslaught before he escapes the astral plane and destroys the Earth. Half the universe vanish? Well, the other half that made it is now in even more danger, as Dark Phoenix is whipping around the universe and destroying everything in her path. Thunderbolt Ross gets a notice of mutant activity in NY? He ain't got time for that, but he can pass the notice to his colleague Stryker...

The overarching aim here is that at any given moment, there's an extinction level event going on - even multiple ELEs at a time. There is no all knowing, all seeing group that can intervene - Earth's mightiest heroes or Xavier's Gifted Students can only solve one crisis at a time. 

The rub here is that the Avengers can operate in plain sight - if Ultron hijacks a country, they can go in with guns, suits, shields, arrows, hammers and Infinity stones blazing; The X-Men HAVE to keep their exploits in the dark, or the big secret of mutants in the world is exposed, and a whole host of issues come from that. 

I think that Feige and co. could do it in a way that - by the end of these movies - you can weave in and out of Infinity Saga and X-Men movies, knowing that the events are all happening at the same moments in time, but completely outside of the view of the other group. 

The big issue with this is that a large part of the xmen storyline is the oppression mutants get from normal people, and there hasn't been any mention of mutants in the marvel universe yet.  

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

It's not inconsistent writing. They literally address it in the first 10 damn minutes of the film stating she cannot always be on Earth.

Her not being able to always be on Earth has nothing to do with her level of power.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The big issue with this is that a large part of the xmen storyline is the oppression mutants get from normal people, and there hasn't been any mention of mutants in the marvel universe yet.  

Yeah, they'll just start from scratch. The older cast is too old to make more movies, and Marvel Studios probably has their own vision now that they have the film rights back. 

I just want Forge to exist. Also, a proper Gambit would be nice.