***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

15 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

It's almost as if Sam wasn't able to become Captain America in the source material and succeed...

Yea or like Captain Marvel being continually beefed up in the comics after Disney bought them out. Funny how that works out. 

So if suddenly we see a new SW series come out with some lame story about her endorsing Star Wars toys as a way to fight evil .Which leads to higher merchandise sales. We can just assume that's canon and relevant because a company like Disney would never use their own products to influence the public would they?

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Yea or like Captain Marvel being continually beefed up in the comics after Disney bought them out. Funny how that works out. 

So if suddenly we see a new SW series come out with some lame story about her endorsing Star Wars toys as a way to fight evil .Which leads to higher merchandise sales. We can just assume that's canon and relevant because a company like Disney would never use their own products to influence the public would they?

Jesus dude...

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

If you dont think Disney doesnt exploit these things then you are delusional.

I mean maybe they do. But where’s the harm? Where’s the issue with minorities getting more representation? 

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Well get used to it. If all Captain America is to you is super soldier, then I see why you think Bucky was a better choice.

Sam is the better choice to me. Better leadership qualities, Steve's connection to the modern world, and isn't a secret weapon for Hydra. No, he can't run as fast or punch as hard, but he can fly and uses tech to enhance himself. He's also a more likeable character while Bucky is super boring.

I already specifically pointed out there’s more to Cap than being a super soldier, go back and read. 

Also, Sam is equally as boring as Bucky. Like what is so interesting about Sam lol? Of all the heroes he’s easily the weakest and most lame on top of it. Bucky also isn’t a weapon for Hydra anymore, he was healed in Wakanda as evidenced by the Wakandians giving him a new arm.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, D82 said:

I mean maybe they do. But where’s the harm? Where’s the issue with minorities getting more representation? 

Yeah, let's face it, the whole Loki/Tesseract twist set up the Loki Disney series.  Do ppl object nearly as much?   Just saying.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

I already specifically pointed out there’s more to Cap than being a super soldier, go back and read. 

Also, Sam is equally as boring as Bucky. Like what is so interesting about Sam lol? Of all the heroes he’s easily the weakest and most lame on top of it. Bucky also isn’t a weapon for Hydra anymore, he was healed in Wakanda as evidenced by the Wakandians giving him a new arm.

I hear you on Sam appearing like he's a bad fit.  But to be honest, when Chris Evans was cast, it seems iffy.  VERY iffy.   And we all associate him with the role.  I know you're saying it's the character, not necessarily Anthony Mackie, but I think the same benefit of the doubt should apply with the MCU team.   Their ttrack record into making iffy scenarios on paper work out great on celluloid, it deserves our willingess to let them play it out and then pass judgment with an open mind, rather than just a "this isn't going to work" mindset.

I will also say I echo what @ET80 said about Captain Marvel - she was way more appealing this movie.  That alone indicates they still have the ability to adapt and adjust.  I'll reserve judgment for the miniseries and beyond before being down on their choice of Sam for the new CA.

• Like 2

Bucky can’t be Captain America in the MCU. Not enough time has passed since he was a terrorist, even if he was innocent from the UN explosion, the public remembers 

Anyway I loved the movie. SW is still my favorite. Her power is just getting started.

48 minutes ago, D82 said:

Who said anything about minorities? I'm talking about exploitation. But come to think of it. Yes they do exploit them too. That's not alright when any company does it. You cant honestly think it's a good thing to be exploited to get represented do you?

12 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Who said anything about minorities? I'm talking about exploitation. But come to think of it. Yes they do exploit them too. That's not alright when any company does it. You cant honestly think it's a good thing to be exploited to get represented do you?

How are they exploiting anybody?

• Like 1