***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

43 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

FWIW there is a TV miniseries planned with Disney+ with Falcon / Winter Soldier.   It’s likely addressing the transition to CA and how Bucky helps Sam.  

I don’t see the problem here.   It’s a comic arc too (never read it but saw the cover cool outfit lol).   It’s part of the canon.   I also don’t think it’s a given what they do movie wise yet.  

GotG has shown you can really go into different directions than just recycling standard  characters with new actors taking the same role.  

https://www.variety.com/2018/tv/news/falcon-winter-soldier-limited-series-marvel-1203015438/amp/

Sure they did it with Falcon and with Thor. Although I'm sure we will see Gammora in GOTG 3 as the closing arc. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

Falcon becoming Cap is just so lame to me if true. It would be 1000x better just to hang up the mantle. How can you go from a super soldier that became worthy of wielding Mjolnir who stood toe to toe with Thanos to an average joe who’s nothing special without his mechanical wings? If anything give it to Bucky who atleast already has the super soldier serum and vibranium arm. It would have been waaaaaaay better and a lot more emotional imo if it was Bucky who walked up to old Steve on the bench instead of Sam considering their past. Sam and Steve only go back 5 years whereas Steve and Bucky go back 8 decades.

Same. I would hVe preferred them to just hang up the mantle. 

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Same. I would hVe preferred them to just hang up the mantle. 

I prefer the same but I honestly could have got down with Bucky taking it up as it just makes so much more sense considering he’s similar to Cap ability-wise and it emotionally checks out since he risked everything for him in Civil War and they go all the way back to the World Wars. But Falcon?? Gtfohwts. Should hang it up.

1 minute ago, D82 said:

Captain America isn't about the super soldier serum. You're looking at the character all wrong.

I’m not saying it is, but you can’t deny it’s a huge part of it. Rogers never becomes who he is without it, just like he never would have becomes who he is without his heart.

Count me in with those disappointed in making Sam the new Captain America... Never really liked the character all that much anyway and definitely don't see how being able to go forward in future MCU movies as a lead.

Other than that loved everything about the movie... Even knowing coming into the movie that it was been likely Tony was going to die I still wasn't ready for it...I found myself thinking "oh my God... We're never going to see RDJ in a marvel movie again" and nearly teared up.

I would've preferred Cap hanging up the mantle as well. If he had to pass it on to someone I would've preferred Bucky. Sebastian Stan has a lot of movies left under his contract and a movie where he struggles under the weight of living up to Steve's name but also fights through it to try and right his past wrongs would've been an awesome emotional story line to tackle. Sam is actually an amazing dude so you can't do that story with him. 

I was so excited/impressed with Paul Rudd/Ant Man in this movie. After not getting him at all in IW, he was probably one of the key heroes in everything - thinking of the time heist, being the first to observe that the snap worked, then completely going to war in the final scene - it was great, he left it all on the line for the team and his two reunions (with Cassie and Hope) had some really good emotional pull.

I don't know if Rudd is still contractually committed to the MCU, but if he isn't - he went out with a massive explosion. 

• Like 3

I don't know why people wanted Bucky as the next Captain America. Is it simply because of the serum? 

Sam stuck by and was loyal to Steve his entire arc. Bucky is a mass murderer and the whole world knows it. Captain America is about a lot more than punching hard and running fast; he's an ideal and a symbol, and Bucky does not fit that whatsoever.

These 2 are sticking together anyways, so what's the issue? Both have precedent in the comics and Sam has shown to have much more leadership capabilities than Bucky in the movies.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I would've preferred Cap hanging up the mantle as well. If he had to pass it on to someone I would've preferred Bucky. Sebastian Stan has a lot of movies left under his contract and a movie where he struggles under the weight of living up to Steve's name but also fights through it to try and right his past wrongs would've been an awesome emotional story line to tackle. Sam is actually an amazing dude so you can't do that story with him. 

Ummmm...why should Captain America be simply given to someone without already earning it?

You said Sam is an amazing dude, but you can't do a story with that? What did we just watch with Steve Rogers?

• Like 1