***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

Just now, PapaShogun said:

You'll hate the marketing machine for it if the one for Black Panther bothered you. That is slated to be the first Chinese superhero with what I'm guessing will be a majority Chinese cast. That's never been done before on a huge scale either like BP was.

Oh yea then probably because it being the first Chinese superhero movie just isn't true. First Marvel, but not first first. But I thought you meant I would hate the movie itself. I didn't think BP was bad I thought it was solid just very overrated.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Oh yea then probably because it being the first Chinese superhero movie just isn't true. First Marvel, but not first first. But I thought you meant I would hate the movie itself. I didn't think BP was bad I thought it was solid just very overrated.

I said first Chinese superhero film on that scale. What else is comparable?

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

How do you know when a new Avengers film will be released? That could be years, and years from now.

Maybe. But I doubt we wait for it like we did the first Avengers movie. We've already established the back stories for CM, SW, Falcon, Bucky, etc so they can jump on it pretty quickly. And I'm going to guess they try to get a jump on it with their first antagonist being Warlock who later joins the team.

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I said first Chinese superhero film on that scale. What else is comparable?

First on that scale for what?

Black Mask was huge when it came out if I remember correctly. I remember getting a ton of late charges at Blockbuster because of it.

14 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

First on that scale for what?

Black Mask was huge when it came out if I remember correctly. I remember getting a ton of late charges at Blockbuster because of it.

On the scale that Marvel films have become known for. A huge Hollywood production with a generous budget. Anything made by Marvel at this point is a huge deal in cinema.

Black Mask? That isn't an American comic book supherhero film. It wasn't a big Hollywood movie. And it's not that memorable worldwide. 

That's like comparing Black Panther to Blankman. Shang Chi isn't going to be English dubbed, and released in the states for a limited theatrical run or home media a few years later lol.

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

On the scale that Marvel films have become known for. A huge Hollywood production with a generous budget.

Black Mask? That isn't an American comic book supherhero film. It wasn't a big Hollywood movie. And it's not that memorable worldwide. 

That's like comparing Black Panther to Blankman. Shang Chi isn't going to be English dubbed, and released in the states on home media a few years later lol.

American? Don't you live in Macau? Since when does something have to be budgeted for over 100M or w/e and be American made to be considered "first"? Sounds pompous.

10 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

American? Don't you live in Macau? Since when does something have to be budgeted for over 100M or w/e and be American made to be considered "first"? Sounds pompous.

Yes, I do live here. Everyone is nutty for Marvel films. In China Endgame just had the biggest release for any film ever, racking in 107 million on day one. Black Panther made a ton of money in China. 

Marvel is top dog, backed by a major film studio, which is why they have the budgets for the films they make. And get the best personnel in the business. You can't even compare a film like Black Mask garnering the type of interest a Marvel film would. Especially around the globe. Shang Chi would be the first big Chinese comic book superhero film not considered something along the lines of a cult favorite. That was Black Mask's ceiling in the states especially. 

The hype machine will be in full force.

Edited by PapaShogun

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Yes, I do live here. Everyone is nutty for Marvel films. In China Endgame just had the biggest release for any film ever, racking in 107 million on day one. Black Panther made a ton of money in China. 

Marvel is top dog, backed by a major film studio, which is why they have the budgets for the films they make. And get the best personnel in the business. You can't even compare a film like Black Mask garnering the type of interest a Marvel film would. Especiallt around the globe. Shang Chi would be the first big Chinese comic book superhero film not considered something along the lines of a cult favorite. That was Black Mask's ceiling in the states especially. 

And? How does Marvel making Shang Chi make it the first Chinese superhero movie when we both know that's complete BS.

17 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I really loved this movie. I thought it was great, the only thing that I thought was off was that Captain Marvel, they have her overpowered, but they also didn't know what to do with her.

Really? I thought they held in her check, maybe a bit too much, if anything. 

10 minutes ago, D82 said:

I think they did for the movie, but that's because in Captain Marvel, they set her up as too overpowered for the situation. So they had to keep her away from everything. That was my issue with her being overpowered, it made her feel like an afterthought.

9 minutes ago, D82 said:

I was gonna come back with a response like you did a few pages back but I am dumfounded by this statement. How do you not see her as OP considering what she did in her movie and what she just did in this one. It literally took Thanos with the powerstone to repel her which was the only way to stop her with him. Thanos who literally and single handily took out the Avengers twice by himself in combat.

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

I was gonna come back with a response like you did a few pages back but I am dumfounded by this statement. How do you not see her as OP considering what she did in her movie and what she just did in this one. It literally took Thanos with the powerstone to repel her which was the only way to stop her with him. Thanos who literally and single handily took out the Avengers twice by himself in combat.

Idk...didn't bother me too much. Danvers is one of the stronger superheroes in the Marvel universe. It's not like it was Rocket giving him fits.