***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

Saw it a second time today, which helped formulate my thoughts. I enjoyed it much more this time. The audience felt like a wrestling crowd the first time I went and while that was great, I appreciated the film a lot more today with a normal audience. I didn't mind what happened to Thor as much because the story made absolute sense, the emotional moments hit a lot harder and everyone's return is the greatest scene in cinematic history. There were a lot of little things that bugged me the first time that I shrugged off the second time.

It definitely hit me that this is it for the Avengers as we know them. I'm in a weird spot not wanting another Avengers movie for a while now. This was a fitting ending. Maybe, that's why I wasn't as excited as I'd hoped Thursday night. This isn't about being hyped it's about closure and moving on. I'm wavering back and forth between 3/4 in my MCU Rankings. IW is still better. Lastly, if anyone ever sees a poster or image of the scene where it zooms out and you see Cap on one side by himself and Thanos and his army on the other side, please let me know. That imagery was unreal.

Edited by Bullet Club
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

Saw it a second time today, which helped formulate my thoughts. I enjoyed it much more this time. The audience felt like a wrestling crowd the first time I went and while that was great, I appreciated the film a lot more today with a normal audience. I didn't mind what happened to Thor as much because the story made absolute sense, the emotional moments hit a lot harder and everyone's return is the greatest scene in cinematic history. There were a lot of little things that bugged me the first time that I shrugged off the second time. It definitely hit me that this is it for the Avengers as we knew them. Maybe, that's why I wasn't as excited as I'd hoped Thursday night. This isn't about being hyped it's about closure and moving on. I'm wavering back and forth between 3/4 in my MCU Rankings. IW is still better. Lastly, if anyone ever sees a poster or image of the scene where it zooms out and you see Cap on one side by himself and Thanos and his army on the other side, please let me know. That imagery was unreal.

I’m hoping for a similar experience my 2nd go round. I see it again in an hour.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

the scene where it zooms out and you see Cap on one side by himself and Thanos and his army on the other side, please let me know. That imagery was unreal.

This was my favorite scene in the movie.  Sums up Steve Rogers perfectly.  He's already getting his butt kicked, an entire army shows up and he's still walking forward ready to take them on.  

• Like 5

So after thinking more about Captain America's ending I realize now that I don't hate the fact that he decided to go back and spend his life with Peggy.  I just didn't like how they executed it.  The whole thing seemed shoehorned in at the end and felt quick and unexpected.  IMO it would have been better if he had taken time to say goodbye to everyone and tell them that he wasn't coming back.  

21 hours ago, fretgod99 said:

I don’t get the drama around Marvel saying “Before you didn’t have me”. Why would anybody think that line would be anything other than somebody’s ego talking? It’s not like they’d have a character drop that line and then wipe the floor with the BBEG. That’s a laughably bad way to interpret that.

Also, Thanos didn’t exactly wipe the floor with the Big Three. He won, yeah, but he took a beating getting there. I don’t get the consternation about power levels, tbh.

DBZ syndrome. People take it too seriously. 

On 4/27/2019 at 2:46 AM, Calvert28 said:

And? How does Marvel making Shang Chi make it the first Chinese superhero movie when we both know that's complete BS.

It will be the first Chinese superhero film, probably with a majority Chinese cast, backed by a major film studio. Basically something that will be on everyone's radar. This hasn't been done before. Just like with Black Panther. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

If he's worthy, then he can summon it. We got the first hint in Ultron that he was worthy (I side with the theory that he knew he could pick it up in that scene but didn't for obvious reasons), and also he's been a wielder of Mjonir in the comics, if that makes you feel any better.

Thought that was one of the best action sequences of the MCU. Getting to see Cap go toe to toe with Thanos for a hot minute was just awesome.

Also, there is a theory floating around that Captain couldn't fully grasp Mjonir until he revealed to Tony what truly happened to his parents. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

So after thinking more about Captain America's ending I realize now that I don't hate the fact that he decided to go back and spend his life with Peggy.  I just didn't like how they executed it.  The whole thing seemed shoehorned in at the end and felt quick and unexpected.  IMO it would have been better if he had taken time to say goodbye to everyone and tell them that he wasn't coming back.  

This is something they've been hinting at in every movie that starred Captain America; it wasn't shoehorned at all or unearned at all.

I can see an issue with not saying goodbye to everyone, but I think that would have made him question going back.  He made his decision and didn't want anything making him second guess it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I don't know why people wanted Bucky as the next Captain America. Is it simply because of the serum? 

Sam stuck by and was loyal to Steve his entire arc. Bucky is a mass murderer and the whole world knows it. Captain America is about a lot more than punching hard and running fast; he's an ideal and a symbol, and Bucky does not fit that whatsoever.

These 2 are sticking together anyways, so what's the issue? Both have precedent in the comics and Sam has shown to have much more leadership capabilities than Bucky in the movies.

BUT HE DOESN'T HAVE THE SUPER SOLIDER SERUM! :D 

15 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

It will be the first Chinese superhero film, probably with a majority Chinese cast, backed by a major film studio. Basically something that will be on everyone's radar. This hasn't been done before. Just like with Black Panther. 

First Marvel Chinese Superhero movie. Got it.