***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Ummmm...why should Captain America be simply given to someone without already earning it?

You said Sam is an amazing dude, but you can't do a story with that? What did we just watch with Steve Rogers?

They have an 80 year relationship, it wouldn't be out of left field. You can do a good story with Sam taking the mantle. I personally think it would be more interesting to do the story I laid out and that's why I prefer going that route. If we had to have a new Cap (which I did not want), I would've preferred Bucky. I don't hate Sam getting it. 

Some more rapid fire thoughts:

- Tom Hiddleston had zero lines - but his performance as Loki was spot-on. He had the look of confusion during the Stark/Pierce argument, then shock as the Tesseract was sitting right at his feet, then that mischievous look when he grabbed the Tesseract and zapped away with the space stone.

- I don't know if it was CGI, makeup or both, but John Slattery and Michael Douglas both looked like they were in their mid 30s. Well done overall.

- I wanted to see Scarlett Witch rage out in IW, immediately after Vision was killed; It felt out of place for her to not lose her mind after watching Vision die, despite her sacrifice. Now, I am SO GLAD that didn't happen, because her rage was well placed in the final battle. 

- I would have liked to see Captain Marvel in a more thorough fight with the mother ship, but I'll take her appearance. I liked her in Captain Marvel, but I REALLY liked her in this.

- I was half expecting to see Sylvester Stallone/Michelle Yeoh/Ving Rhames/Miley Cyrus's OG GOTG crew somewhere in here with Cosmo and Howard the Duck, but I'm not complaining (or I missed it). Maybe we'll see them in Asguardians of the Galaxy vol 1.0 or something.

- Korg playing video games and complaining that some kid is trolling him at Fortnight is my spirit animal. 

- So, that last kid at Stark's funeral? My sister reminded me that it was the kid who helped Tony out during Iron Man 3. I don't remember that movie that well, but in case you were wondering.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I don't know why people wanted Bucky as the next Captain America. Is it simply because of the serum? 

Sam stuck by and was loyal to Steve his entire arc. Bucky is a mass murderer and the whole world knows it. Captain America is about a lot more than punching hard and running fast; he's an ideal and a symbol, and Bucky does not fit that whatsoever.

These 2 are sticking together anyways, so what's the issue? Both have precedent in the comics and Sam has shown to have much more leadership capabilities than Bucky in the movies.

Cap without his super soldier prowess just doesn’t feel like Cap which is what you have with Sam. Cap without his heart and leadership qualities also doesn’t feel like Cap which is what you have with Bucky. Hanging it up would have been the best move. But because they didn’t, the reason I prefer Bucky is because it would have pulled on the heart strings much harder given their lengthy history and Captain America has always been about the rise of an underdog which you can play a lot more to with Bucky trying to change the mantra of being a mass murderer and thus being worthy of such a prestigious mantle.

There’s a story to be had with Sam taking up the mantle. 

He doesn’t have super human strength, but he has the heart and leadership abilities. He’s been by Cap’s side through some rough stuff as well. 

We don’t know for sure whether we’ll see him in future movies outside of the mini-series (you’d think, but with the MCU likely going more cosmic it isn’t a guarantee), so it will be interesting to see where they take the character. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Cap without his super soldier prowess just doesn’t feel like Cap which is what you have with Sam. Cap without his heart and leadership qualities also doesn’t feel like Cap which is what you have with Bucky. Hanging it up would have been the best move. But because they didn’t, the reason I prefer Bucky is because it would have pulled on the heart strings much harder given their lengthy history and Captain America has always been about the rise of an underdog which you can play a lot more to with Bucky trying to change the mantra of being a mass murderer and thus being worthy of such a prestigious mantle.

That story of underdog works for a person without super powers as well, which fits Sam.

6 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

A super powerless Captain America sounds awfully stupid

Well get used to it. If all Captain America is to you is super soldier, then I see why you think Bucky was a better choice.

Sam is the better choice to me. Better leadership qualities, Steve's connection to the modern world, and isn't a secret weapon for Hydra. No, he can't run as fast or punch as hard, but he can fly and uses tech to enhance himself. He's also a more likeable character while Bucky is super boring.

• Like 1

Initial reactions

Liked the new Hulk, though all his aggression seemed to be gone and it's like he got nerfed.

The reunion between Antman and his daughter was well done.

Knew that Tony would die the moment I saw his kid. It was a death sentence. But he went out a boss.

Enjoyed Captain America probably the most. Between Hail Hydra, self fight, mjolnir, and his farewell, he got the best parts. Glad he got his dance.

It was painful what was going to happen to net the soul gem when we knew who was going.

Loki lives.

One thing that I didnt like was Sam getting the shield, instead of winter soldier.

Cap Marval is powerful af. Explained away by having to "be away" but damn she wrecks.

Fat thor was hilarious at first, but makes sense to lower his power somewhat.

What a send off. Fantastic wrap for IM and Captain A. RIP Widow too.

Edited by RuskieTitan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Falcon becoming Cap is just so lame to me if true. It would be 1000x better just to hang up the mantle. How can you go from a super soldier that became worthy of wielding Mjolnir who stood toe to toe with Thanos to an average joe who’s nothing special without his mechanical wings? If anything give it to Bucky who atleast already has the super soldier serum and vibranium arm. It would have been waaaaaaay better and a lot more emotional imo if it was Bucky who walked up to old Steve on the bench instead of Sam considering their past. Sam and Steve only go back 5 years whereas Steve and Bucky go back 8 decades.

It's almost as if Sam wasn't able to become Captain America in the source material and succeed...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I don't know why people wanted Bucky as the next Captain America. Is it simply because of the serum? 

Sam stuck by and was loyal to Steve his entire arc. Bucky is a mass murderer and the whole world knows it. Captain America is about a lot more than punching hard and running fast; he's an ideal and a symbol, and Bucky does not fit that whatsoever.

These 2 are sticking together anyways, so what's the issue? Both have precedent in the comics and Sam has shown to have much more leadership capabilities than Bucky in the movies.

Yea but Sam? Rhoadie would make a better CA as Iron Patriot. Now that would be a interesting twist. 

Sam never struck me as an interesting character. CA being a symbol, but it doesnt have to be another Rodgers type character. 

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

The nature of life is tragic though and both had tragic deaths one foreshadowed and one spontaneous. I thought her death was very meaningful.

Plus the fact that both BW amd present day Gamora were sacrificed to gain the soul stone.  They can't be brought back.  Soul for a soul.  Maybe they could take Red Skull's place in a future cameo if the stones were ever re-introduced

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Yea but Sam? Rhoadie would make a better CA as Iron Patriot. Now that would be a interesting twist. 

Sam never struck me as an interesting character. CA being a symbol, but it doesnt have to be another Rodgers type character. 

And that's your opinion. However, Sam and Cap have been an established friendship pairing in Marvel lore for nearly 5 decades now. You may not like Sam Wilson, but he's an interesting character whether or not he has Red Wing. In the MCU, he's literally a guy who just picked up and did the right thing - a la Steve Rogers - just because he knew it was the right thing to do, super powers or not. And as we see from CA:TWS to A:EG he has developed as fighter, leader, etc.