***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

4 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Marvel stated themselves that Black Panther was the first black superhero film? 

Lmao no. Disney is smarter then that. They just have every brought and paid for journalist put it out there that it was.

Like one article that had the nerve to say that Wesley Snipes wasn't the first black Superhero, he just happened to be a Superhero that was black or some ridiculous crap while building up Black Panther.

29 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

This is something they've been hinting at in every movie that starred Captain America; it wasn't shoehorned at all or unearned at all.

I can see an issue with not saying goodbye to everyone, but I think that would have made him question going back.  He made his decision and didn't want anything making him second guess it.

You’re missing my point.  Maybe I didn’t use good wording, I meant it felt rushed and just thrown in at the end of the movie. I wasn’t trying to imply it didn’t make sense for his character.  I felt like the way they executed in the movie didn’t work very well. 

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

You’re missing my point.  Maybe I didn’t use good wording, I meant it felt rushed and just thrown in at the end of the movie. I wasn’t trying to imply it didn’t make sense for his character.  I felt like the way they executed in the movie didn’t work very well. 

Yeah, that was my one semi-issue with the movie. I don't think they spent enough time on Cap's farewell. 

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Gotcha.  I thought it made sense because it was the closure of not only the movie, but his story as well.  They had hinted at it multiple times throughout the movie that Steve was still hung up on Peggy and wanting that life, so the end of the movie is when that decision is going to be followed through on.

Agree to disagree I guess.  I felt like the movie handled it very well for the most part.

26 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Lmao no. Disney is smarter then that. They just have every brought and paid for journalist put it out there that it was.

Like one article that had the nerve to say that Wesley Snipes wasn't the first black Superhero, he just happened to be a Superhero that was black or some ridiculous crap while building up Black Panther.

its-a-conspiracy.jpg

Disney was so desperate they had to orchestrate a whisper campaign. :D

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, August4th said:

wonder what the next "big" event film will be for the MCU and if they can reach this kind hype again...

Well...now that Marvel Studios has the rights to Fantastic Four back, I'm guessing Galactus will one day be on the slate. This is years from now though. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, August4th said:

wonder what the next "big" event film will be for the MCU and if they can reach this kind hype again...

I think the only thing that would bring me back would be a proper X-Men universe that ends up with Apocalypse and/or Mr Sinister pulling the strings. I legit don't care about the remaining Avengers and where they go atm. I may go see Spiderman and GotG3 but if they were coming out next month I'd skip them. Fans need a chance to breathe and Feige/Russo's need to carefully plan their next vision.

I think they need to focus on smaller/local issues and villains in the short term ala Civil War without the fate of the world on the line. It was just done and done magnificently and highly likely never to be topped in our lifetime.

This movie was amazing. The first 2 hours were good. When Thanos showed up and destroyed the Avengers facility, it went from an A to an A++++. They nailed it. 

Also not a fan of Cap passing the shield to Falcon, but it literally took nothing away from the movie for me. My only dislike was Hulk being nerfed the whole time. I wanted to see him rage after the tease we got in IW. 

• Like 1

The movie I want to see is Hawkey the dark years, when he goes on an international rampage.

His character took an awesome arc.

I liked the arc of Thor, I thought the angle would of been stronger if they treated the addiction issue with a darker tone rather than a comedic one. it is a sensitive subject, but it would of been cool to see someone being pulled out of despair rather than gooffing it. 

a Black Widow movie doesnt make sense if she is dead.

Thor with the Guardians of the Galaxy will be awesome. With the evolution of Thor from Ragnarok he has a few more movies left in him.

I hope they bring back the Avengers down the road once the X-Men and FF are introduced 

Just got back from my 2nd viewing and noticed a couple things...

Shout out to Matthew Berry in the 2012 New York scene 😂😂

When Steve is about to go back in time to put the Infinity stones in their rightful timeline, Bucky knew he wasn’t going to come back. He said, “I’ll miss you” to Steve and seconds later Hulk said to Sam that it will only take 5 seconds in their time for Steve to come back, but Steve will take as long as he needs while he’s going back in time. He also smirked after he called Sam to look at old man Steve on the bench like he knew what happened.

In regards to Steve and putting the stones back in their timeline...has anyone thought about how he put the soul stone back? Thor made it seem like it would be possible to get Natasha back since they have the infinity stones, but Clint said it was impossible based on what Red Skull told him. If it is somehow possible to bring her back, could the new Black Widow movie coming out be about how Steve returns the soul stone to restore her and her quest to return to earth?

The all women scene at the end was a cool scene and all but thinking about it logically...it doesn’t make any sense. Like how did they all so happen to end up at the same place at the same time and what happened to all of the men? Were they just fighting minions while the women took on the Black Order and what seemed like the majority of Thanos’ army lol? Also, Okoye one shotting Corvus Glaive was stupid. How does he go toe to toe with the likes of Cap and Scarlet Witch in Infinity War to just getting one shot the moment he enters combat against the women in Endgame lol?

Hulk was completely wasted. Pretty dumb how they nerfed him into the ground but Danvers, who is more overpowered, stayed at the same power level.

Tony’s death was definitely foreshadowed in the beginning of the movie when he’s in space recording his one more surprise message through his helmet. The right side of it was basically destroyed just like the right side of his face was destroyed after he snapped at the end of the movie.

I did like it better the second time. It was much easier for me to process things

50 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Just got back from my 2nd viewing and noticed a couple things...

Shout out to Matthew Berry in the 2012 New York scene 😂😂

When Steve is about to go back in time to put the Infinity stones in their rightful timeline, Bucky knew he wasn’t going to come back. He said, “I’ll miss you” to Steve and seconds later Hulk said to Sam that it will only take 5 seconds in their time for Steve to come back, but Steve will take as long as he needs while he’s going back in time. He also smirked after he called Sam to look at old man Steve on the bench like he knew what happened.

In regards to Steve and putting the stones back in their timeline...has anyone thought about how he put the soul stone back? Thor made it seem like it would be possible to get Natasha back since they have the infinity stones, but Clint said it was impossible based on what Red Skull told him. If it is somehow possible to bring her back, could the new Black Widow movie coming out be about how Steve returns the soul stone to restore her and her quest to return to earth?

The all women scene at the end was a cool scene and all but thinking about it logically...it doesn’t make any sense. Like how did they all so happen to end up at the same place at the same time and what happened to all of the men? Were they just fighting minions while the women took on the Black Order and what seemed like the majority of Thanos’ army lol? Also, Okoye one shotting Corvus Glaive was stupid. How does he go toe to toe with the likes of Cap and Scarlet Witch in Infinity War to just getting one shot the moment he enters combat against the women in Endgame lol?

Hulk was completely wasted. Pretty dumb how they nerfed him into the ground but Danvers, who is more overpowered, stayed at the same power level.

Tony’s death was definitely foreshadowed in the beginning of the movie when he’s in space recording his one more surprise message through his helmet. The right side of it was basically destroyed just like the right side of his face was destroyed after he snapped at the end of the movie.

I did like it better the second time. It was much easier for me to process things

Why would Danver's power change? She didn't go through some personal transition like Banner did by choice. Not sure what each has to do with one another.