The All Private Workouts-Meeting Mock

WindyCity

3[87] RB Devin Singletary [Florida Atlantic] 5'7" 203lbs, 4.66[40], 15 reps, 35" vert, 9'9" broad 

The Bears clearly have a need at RB and they have met with Singletary so much that they might be adopting him. Combine, Pro Day, Private Workout, and Halas Hall visit. Singletary does not have the long speed I was expecting the Bears to target. What he does have is incredible feet and vision. His ability to make cuts and find creases is very impressive even if he does not have the long speed to house the carry. Singletary did not catch the ball a lot in 2018, but he showed good hands at the combine and in 2017 he had 18 catches for 180 yards with 2 catches of 40+ yards. Singletary does not have elite size, but he has shocking contact balance and power for a little guy and if you watch his highlight package you will see a guy who is difficult to get on the ground.

USATSI_11292823.jpg?itok=oIMovgCj&c=0845

4[126] OG Nate Davis [Charlotte] 6'3" 306lbs, 33" arms, 5.23 [40], 23 reps, 26" vert

Let me start by saying that I would draft Davis simply because of his stance, he looks like a fire hydrant that is about to woop someone. The Bears had contact with Davis at the Senior Bowl and then had him in for a private workout. Davis would provide the Bears with a long term RG and someone that can be groomed for a year with Heistand and prepared to take over in 2020. Davis also fits the mold that both KC and NO use of converting small school college OTs into OGs. Teams with deep playoff aspirations cannot run out of OLmen and we know this is a group that gets hit by injuries every season. Davis would ensure that they have a high upside player that can step in for an injured player and those reps are not wasted on a Witzmann type.

2TLC5M4QSJFQVBNOSLWWMBV2NQ.jpg

5[162] S Mike Edwards [Kentucky] 5'10" 205lbs,  4.52 [40]

The Bears clearly have a need for DB depth and currently have 1 S under contract past the 2019 season. The Bears sent their DB coach to run Edwards Pro Day and there is interest there. Edwards also has the ball production the Bears have valued at the DB spot. Last season he had 6 passes defensed, 2 interceptions, and 1 FF. In his career he has 21 passes defensed and 10 interceptions. He was the leader of the Kentucky secondary and he has the range in the backend that Amos did not.

Mike+Edwards+Eastern+Michigan+v+Kentucky

7[222] CB Jimmy Moreland [James Madison] 5'11" 179lbs.

The Bears had a private workout with Moreland and he clearly has the crazy ball production a defense that leads the league in turnovers looks for with 18 career interceptions. Moreland lacks elite size, but he is a sticky man coverage guy that can cover outside and inside. The Bears need depth at the CB position and someone who can compete in 2020 for Prince's spot. Moreland's small school status and his non-combine invite may cause a talented guy to fall a little. Moreland also gives the Bears insurance if Skrine gets hurt or struggles.

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com

7[238] RB Jalin Moore [App St] 5'10" 212lbs, 27 reps

The Bears have met with, worked out, and had private meetings with just about every RB with a pulse in the draft. I think we are at 16 and counting. Would it shock anyone if the Bears double dipped in the draft at RB. Moore is a physically talented guy who was injured last season and may provide some late round value as he comes back from a broken ankle. Moore had big time production at a lower level averaging 7.4, 5.9, 5.7 and 6.2 yards per carry in his career. He has the size and power that the group lost with Howard leaving. Moore for a bigger back has some long speed and has runs of 81 and multiple 50 yarders in the last 2 season. Moore can come in and provide a big athlete for special teams and fill the 4th RB spot.

Moore_Jalin.ASU_.2-622x415.jpg

Here is a complete list of everyone they have spent time with:

Source: Walterfootball

I bolded guys I suspect they are targeting.

SR - Senior Bowl meeting.
EW - East-West Shrine meeting.
COM - Combine meeting.
INT - Interested.
VINT - Very Interested.
PRO - Pro Day or campus meeting/workout.
LOC - Local visit. Prospect making a local visit.
PRI - Private visit. Prospect making an official 30 visit.
WOR - Private Workout. Members of an organization working out a player in private.
STM - Some Type of Meeting. 
% - indicates more than one meeting at an event.
^ - has met with team at more than one event.
# - indicates meeting set up outside of the 2019 Senior Bowl or the 2019 East-West Shrine Game

Ugo Amadi, CB, Oregon (PRI)

Bruce Anderson, RB, North Dakota State (SR)

Ryquell Armstead^, RB/FB, Temple (WOR, PRI)

Alex Bars, OT/G, Notre Dame (COM)

Kris Boyd, CB, Texas (SR)

Miles Boykin^, WR, Notre Dame (PRI, LOC)

L.J. Collier, DE/3-4DE, TCU (PRI)

Antoine Connor, RB, Upper Iowa (LOC)

Cody Conway, OT, Syracuse (LOC)

Byron Cowart, DE/3-4DE, Maryland (WOR)

Xavier Crawford, CB, Central Michigan (PRO)

Maxx Crosby, DE, Eastern Michigan (COM)

Nate Davis, OT, Charlotte (PRI)

Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State (SR)

Shane Evans, G, Purdue (LOC)

Mark Fields, CB, Clemson (PRI)

Malik Fountain, ILB, Central Michigan (LOC)

Lamont Gaillard, G, Georgia (EW)

Myles Gaskin, RB, Washington (PRI)

Matt Gay^, K, Utah (COM, PRO)

Carl Granderson, DE/3-4OLB, Wyoming (SR)

Emanuel Hall, WR, Missouri (PRI)

Brandon Hitner, OT, Villanova (PRI)

Ka'dar Hollman, CB, Toledo (PRI)

Amani Hooker, S, Iowa (PRO)

Thomas Ives, WR, Colgate (LOC)

Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama (PRI)

Jalen Jelks, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Oregon (SR)

Matt Kaskey, OT, Dartmouth (LOC)

Bryce Love, RB, Stanford (COM)

Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame (LOC)

Alexander Mattison, RB, Boise State (PRI)

Sean McGuire, QB, Western Illinois (LOC)

Terry McLaurin^, WR, Ohio State (PRO, SR)

Jalin Moore, RB, Appalachian State (PRI)

Jimmy Moreland, CB, James Madison (PRI)

Rickey Neal, ILB, Northern Iowa (LOC)

Richard Olekanma, ILB, Toledo (LOC)

Josh Oliver, TE, San Jose State (PRI)

Marc Orozco, K, Grambling (PRO)

Devine Ozigbo, RB, Nebraska (PRO)

Ryan Pulley^, CB, Arkansas (PRI, PRO)

Sheldrick Redwine, CB, Miami (SR)

Riley Ridley, WR, Georgia (PRI)

Derick Roberson^, DE, Sam Houston State (EW, SR)

Miles Sanders^, RB, Penn State (COM, PRI, WOR)

Austin Seibert^, K, Oklahoma (COM, PRO)

Parkey Shaunfield, K, Southern Mississippi (PRI)

Devin Singletary^, RB, Florida Atlantic (PRI, WOR)

Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky (COM)

Sam Straub, QB, Southern Illinois (LOC)

Lexington Thomas^, RB, UNLV (LOC, WOR)

Cole Tracy^, K, LSU (COM, PRO, SR)

Mike Weber^, RB, Ohio State (PRI, PRO, WOR)

Nic Weishar, TE, Notre Dame (LOC)

Dexter Williams^, RB, Notre Dame (PRI, LOC)

Trayveon Williams^, RB, Texas A&M (PRI, COM, PRO)

Oshane Ximines, DE/3-4OLB, Old Dominion (SR)

45 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

-Some interesting things from the visits

1. Tons of RBs from early to late rounds

2. Not a lot of TEs

3. Decent number of lesser name OLmen

4. The WRs can all run really fast

5. Later round DB targets

I think while you want to meet with all your draft targets, he doesn't want it to be tell either way on who he is going to draft.   So a number of guys he really wants are not on any visit list and you can bet at least someone from that list will be drafted.  

He is more paranoid than most on projecting who he likes prior to a draft.

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I would love the Bears to go 

3. Josh Oliver

4. RB

5. DB

7. DB

7. OL

I can get on board with that. Sternberger is solid but he doesn't have the juice that Oliver has... I see Sternberger more like a Heath Miller type.

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I think while you want to meet with all your draft targets, he doesn't want it to be tell either way on who he is going to draft.   So a number of guys he really wants are not on any visit list and you can bet at least someone from that list will be drafted.  

He is more paranoid than most on projecting who he likes prior to a draft.

I feel like each of his first round picks, save for Trubisky, had a private visit at Halas Hall.

Roquan Smith, Leonard Floyd, Kevin White... I do think Pace wants to vet and see these dudes in person before burning a pick on them. I can't say for sure if it's the same for his 2nd through 7th round picks.

Worth pointing out we only know for sure on 27 of the 30 allowed private meetings. I suspect one of our picks ends up being one of those mystery 3.

Pace seems to like playing those kinds of draft misdirection games. 

I'm reasonably confident that Darrell Henderson would be one of those 3 we don't know about, though I don't actually think he'll be one of picks, sadly. 

16 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Worth pointing out we only know for sure on 27 of the 30 allowed private meetings. I suspect one of our picks ends up being one of those mystery 3.

Pace seems to like playing those kinds of draft misdirection games. 

I'm reasonably confident that Darrell Henderson would be one of those 3 we don't know about, though I don't actually think he'll be one of picks, sadly. 

That name haunts me.

He would be so perfect, but is he worth an aggressive move. I will be watching the draft closely to see when and if him and Sanders come off the board.

He reminds me so much of Jamal Charles.

Archived