Micro-Mafia Games - Game 2, Jester Mafia - Night Thusday @ 10pm EST

Dome

3 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Also I know some of you thought it was over but I'm bringing this back up bc it is very important....

This is why I'm not moving off of tk3 and swag is now number 2 on my list.

Orca pushed tk3 wanting to know where in the thread tk3 thought orca soft cc et.  After refusing to answer orca, I pushed most of d2 and eventually tk3 responded with the top post.  Pay very close attention to the bolded line.  

Tk3 says he is not gonna sift through the 40 pages to find the quote (in reference to where orca soft cc et).  

However in swag defending tk3 and in tk3's version of what happened they both reference that he thought orca pushing et's lynch served as a counter to et.  However tk3 said he didnt want to sift through the 40 pages to find the qoute, meaning there was a specific post by orca (meaning words) that led tk3 to believe orca was soft cc et, not orca's actions. 

So it went for not wanting to find the quote to he just thought it bc he was pushing et's lynch.  It was extremely easy when orcs was alive and most of d2 to just answer that he just read into orca pushing et.  However, tk3 avoided the simple answer bc at the time he didnt have one.  If it was that simple he could have just answered orca when the question was first posed by orca.  But the fact remains that he a voided a very simple answer and it really feels like bc tk3 didnt want to get caught in a trap.  

That's actually not bad.  I don't know why you didn't phrase it like the bold initially, rather than screaming while eating laundry detergent for a full day.

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

And that's my point.....

Mafia is potentially 2 mislynhces from winning.  If you are mafia you put out 3 names that includes 1 mafia.  Steer everyone towards the 2 town, they get lynched and mafia wins.  

If somehow the mafia gets lynched you can tout that as a great read or whatever.  

Make a commitment to one person. 

Its also alarming that you keep including tk3 but wont vote for him 🤔🤔

Swag can steer, but it doesn't necessarily mean I am just idly following along. Swag keeps throwing Counselor out there, for example, and I'm not crossing that bridge right now. I will not vote for Counselor on this lynch. Sure, he can absolutely manipulate this thing because he's a good player. I don't want to make it seem like I'm saying that there is no chance that Swag isn't scum. There absolutely is. But if he is, he's going to get there by outplaying me, and I can't let the fear of being outplayed manipulate my thought process in this manner. You have a different read on him than I do, and that is fine. We don't all see the same things when it comes to things in thread. The things I have seen have personally led me to my conclusion of Swag for better or worse. I'm always willing to listen to other viewpoints, but right now you're not giving me anything that would make me change my opinion. This almost just comes off like "there's a boogeyman under your bed" preying on insecurities of potential scum activity which, lets be honest, can largely be attributed to anyone (IE, Naz is inactive = scum. Counselor weird, hostile play on day 1 =scum). Yes, what you're advocating could certainly be true, but so could the examples I Just named. 

But you're also kind of blasting him for things that I think nobody should be blasted for at the current juncture. He's putting out his reads right now with that trio. That's fine. I don't even do that, but I have similar thoughts with regards to multiple people being scum. I don't know how anyone has a 100% read enough to commit to 1 person at the current point in time. That seems like a very strange ask. He's made his vote on you...and I don't know what else you can ask for. I can tell you that I don't feel comfortable with you, TK, Counselor or Touch. I have no idea what to make of Naz. I'm not committing to 1 person in that regard either. If you asked me to name two specific people, I could do that, but it could also change in an hour depending on how the threadplay goes. 

That's what I thought tk3 was referencing, I missed the part about the quoting bit simply because I read that as typical frustration, having gone through the same thing repeatedly.

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

That's actually not bad.  I don't know why you didn't phrase it like the bold initially, rather than screaming while eating laundry detergent for a full day.

I was arguing and not thinking clearly

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Swag can steer, but it doesn't necessarily mean I am just idly following along. Swag keeps throwing Counselor out there, for example, and I'm not crossing that bridge right now. I will not vote for Counselor on this lynch. Sure, he can absolutely manipulate this thing because he's a good player. I don't want to make it seem like I'm saying that there is no chance that Swag isn't scum. There absolutely is. But if he is, he's going to get there by outplaying me, and I can't let the fear of being outplayed manipulate my thought process in this manner. You have a different read on him than I do, and that is fine. We don't all see the same things when it comes to things in thread. The things I have seen have personally led me to my conclusion of Swag for better or worse. I'm always willing to listen to other viewpoints, but right now you're not giving me anything that would make me change my opinion. This almost just comes off like "there's a boogeyman under your bed" preying on insecurities of potential scum activity which, lets be honest, can largely be attributed to anyone (IE, Naz is inactive = scum. Counselor weird, hostile play on day = 1). Yes, what you're advocating could certainly be true, but so could the examples I Just named. 

But you're also kind of blasting him for things that I think nobody should be blasted for at the current juncture. He's putting out his reads right now with that trio. That's fine. I don't even do that, but I have similar thoughts with regards to multiple people being scum. I don't know how anyone has a 100% read enough to commit to 1 person at the current point in time. That seems like a very strange ask. He's made his vote on you...and I don't know what else you can ask for. I can tell you that I don't feel comfortable with you, TK, Counselor or Touch. I have no idea what to make of Naz. I'm not committing to 1 person in that regard either. If you asked me to name two specific people, I could do that, but it could also change in an hour depending on how the threadplay goes. 

You’ve said you don’t want to vote Naz or Ckunselor

In a duality where these were your only 2 options,  which one would you kill and which would you save?

8 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

You’ve said you don’t want to vote Naz or Ckunselor

In a duality where these were your only 2 options,  which one would you kill and which would you save?

I don't have a read on Naz, I'm open to lynching him. I don't have a reason to as of yet, however, besides him playing what appears to be his normal game. I have more reasons to vote others. I said it last game and this game, he just doesn't give me enough to work with to develop anything. The "I only trust Naz" comment was meant tongue in cheek because he hadn't done much, though it elicited a very curious response, so I'm glad I said it. 

Counselor weirds me out, but I want to wait there, so if we are picking someone for N2, my choice between those 2 would be Naz, though I don't feel he's the best option overall just because of the not so good feeling I have about others. Talk to me again tomorrow about Counselor (tomorrow as in next voting cycle). 

On 5/6/2019 at 2:04 PM, Pickle Rick said:

Wait, how would you know forge is smart? 

So, here we are, we initiate with Pickle doing the inquiry about how ET may possibly know that Forge is an intelligent person.

On 5/6/2019 at 2:16 PM, ET80 said:

Because I post with him in General, News, Draft, etc. I recruited him to Mod status and am actually thinking of him as a Global down the line.

Life exists outside of this game, you know.

Here is a rational response.  This is a much more likely response than Forge exuding unparalleled brilliance in a Mafia Chat, or someone gushing their heart out about how Forge is the penultimate of Mafia prowess.

On 5/6/2019 at 2:34 PM, Pickle Rick said:

Doesnt mean he is smart or good at mafia? 

tenor.gif

Oh yeah, good catch.

On 5/6/2019 at 2:36 PM, SwAg said:

I’m down to lynch Counselor, ET, or Forge.

Outside chance at Rick because I don’t really get what the point of this ET “slip” on Forge being smart is.

Here, I weigh in on that in the immediate aftermath.  I indicate who I'm interested in, and specifically note why I'm interested in Pickle.  This is before ET semi-claimed, hence why ET is still in the list.

On 5/6/2019 at 2:39 PM, SwAg said:

In fact, I’ll stick with Counselor.  

This freak show distraction and Counselor retreating after showing he will not be intimidated by reciprocating a vote is hardly convincing.

Here, I provide a brief reason for why I'm after Counselor.  The full reason will be detailed later, which was updated with contemporaneous information.  The gist of the thought process at that time was the pandering entrance to the thread, denial of reasonable perspective related to the previous game, and general lack of contributions beyond retaliatory voting.

On 5/6/2019 at 3:03 PM, Pickle Rick said:

It's a reference to the fact that ET has to my knowledge, not played a mafia game with forge before, so characterizing him as one of the "smart" players is pretty scummy.  Almost like he is in a chat with someone, or is trying to buddy up to him 

Rick explained why he thinks he is actually scum hunting here, but I remain skeptical:

On 5/6/2019 at 3:14 PM, SwAg said:

Yeah, but that seems to be stretching the taffy thin.  What could Forge have said in chat to make ET characterize him as intelligent that is more likely than a multi-year forum history with the guy?  You’re taking the blade of Occam’s Razor right now.

I reiterate the thought process I had on ET above.

On 5/6/2019 at 3:20 PM, Pickle Rick said:

What makes you dismiss the idea that someone else told ET about Forge's mafia skill level.  A number of us complimented forge on his play last game, it could have been one of those that are in a chat with et...….

The comment from ET is definitely rubbing me the wrong way right now. 

Then Rick responds to my argument, by creating another nefarious scenario in which ET would be aware of Forge's alleged greatness.  Rick continued on this path.  After fixating upon and dropping his vote, his contributions went down beyond reinforcing his push on ET, and saying he and tk3 are connected.

ET and tk3 are connected, apparently.  Now, you may be thinking Rick has flipped on that now, but that's irrelevant, the significance is that he was hammering a weak connection between ET and tk3 for a significant portion of D1, which is a very viable and easy tactic in an open setup to push a teammate as connected with a Townie.

On 5/6/2019 at 3:25 PM, SwAg said:

The point remains on holding the blade.

I think there are reasons to condemn ET, and I don’t think that is one of them.  You’re finding it more likely that someone praised Forge sufficiently to make an impression on ET, rather than ET has known Forge for years, as an explanation.

Here I reiterate the same point.  It feels like feigned scum hunting, or poor logic.

On 5/6/2019 at 5:49 PM, The Orca said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7250043

This is in the aftermath of ET-tk3 interaction, which prompted the ET semi-claim, and this is Orca's response to me expressing surprise since I thought he was The Cop.  Pickle liked this post, which makes me think he was playing dumb

On 5/6/2019 at 9:11 PM, The Orca said:

Outside of ET...this also stood out

Counselor liked this post

And this

Then counter votes Swag for voting him

About the only help either has been this game...Swag pushing Counselor (good arguements) and Counselor just counter voting and complaining 

I mean, if Pickle is doing an appeal to authority, why can't I? 

On 5/7/2019 at 11:14 AM, Pickle Rick said:

He self voted multiple times prior to that,  no way you self vote with the ability to claim cop in your back pocket.  He also is refusing to hard claim causing more confusion and chaos.  He also tunneled on you (most likely his mafia partner) for most of d1.  You both had at one time voted for each other before conveniently moving off.  There is a very very strong connection between you two.  

All your doing right now is doubling down on that connection.  

Fostering that tk3-ET connection.  Seems more like a vested interest in developing that connection, rather than actually pursuing it, as simply broadcasting that perspective adamantly doesn't do much for Town in these setups.  It biases the game.  In a role madness game, it doesn't matter, but here you're forced to dig deep in the thread toolbox and this is right there in it.

On 5/7/2019 at 4:50 PM, SwAg said:

Don’t get me wrong, tk3 could be scum, but I don’t think the special hunting rationale is the best means to reaching that conclusion.  I mean, the issue with it, however you feel about it, is that what tk3 said is true.  Mafia probably have a 50-50 on the specials at this point due to semi-claims and the information assymetry.  So, if one half-claim is truthful, the Mafia have their men already.

Here, I "defend" tk3 because it's objectively true.

On 5/7/2019 at 4:55 PM, Tk3 said:

I don’t even care if they disagree with me

I'm just aggrieved that they don’t even understand what I am saying when I play these games

Also, vote Counselor, friend

tk3 agreeing, pushing the vote on Counselor.  This is relevant because I don't think tk3 would be pushing a vote on Counselor (who had had as a scum read) to past three votes if they're teammates.  Right now, my three reads are tk3, Rick, and Counselor, which lends itself to a Rick-Counselor connection or a Rick-tk3 connection.  The Rick-Counselor connection is furthered along by Counselor later asking that lulzy question about what if Pickle lynched tk3.  I'm sure I'll quote it here at some point.

On 5/7/2019 at 4:57 PM, Tk3 said:

Lol of course you are

I’m calling you out as a lynch candidate... truly shocking that you are “starting to lean that way” as well

the quoted response is also casual and offhand. You want other people to vote for me but don’t want to do it yourself and amass suspicion 

counselor

tk3 is pushing Counselor further, who at this point has genuine potential to be lynch.  It would take some grit to pursue that to the point of brinksmanship.

On 5/7/2019 at 5:58 PM, Counselor said:

TK3 

Your attempt is impressive. If you pull this off you might win MVP of scumland. 

Then, at the same time, as I think tk3's behavior is not conducive to being a teammate with Counselor, this comment made me think that this is one of those posts that in the post-game as a "LOL I GOTCHA" moment that is thrown in the face of Town.

On 5/7/2019 at 7:05 PM, Pickle Rick said:

The way your fighting has me firmly believing ET is the Godfather hence his very shaky soft claim of cop (unless he fully claims) and constant refusal to go any deeper then that.  He wanted to live and hopefully get invested so he would return town.  You fighting like this has me firmly believing you are the goon and are trapped at this juncture between bussing et or taking the lynch yourself.    

Furthering the artificial connection between tk3 and ET.

On 5/7/2019 at 7:14 PM, SwAg said:

In before tk3 and ET are together.

Since Counselor isn't going to defend himself, the only reason I'm not on Counselor right now, despite him being one of the three, is because I think the erratic strategy might be to feign liability, while he's actual The Doctor.

Counselor liked this.  Counselor is clearly not The Doctor, and I doubt he's The Cop.  Makes me think he didn't expect the Doctor roll over.  But this is one of those posts that could go both ways.  He might have been trying to draw the hit, similar to Orca.

On 5/7/2019 at 8:13 PM, SwAg said:

If I'm dead:

Counselor, Forge, and an outside shot at Rick.

I made posts about each of them today that contain my thoughts.

Consolidated my thoughts at the end of the day in the event I'm dead, since I knew no one would go back for them.  And seeing as I'm still alive, and people still don't remember what I said, and forced me to go back, this seemed like a prudent move.

On 5/7/2019 at 8:16 PM, Counselor said:

This is a damn good veteran way to either keep yourself in the game or get yourself killed so scum can point blame at one of us you listed. You impress me. 

Throwing shade onto me, as multiple people expressed doubt on my alignment, notably...you guessed it, tk3 and Rick.  The connection between these three just keeps on going.

On 5/7/2019 at 8:19 PM, SwAg said:

Consolidating my reads into a single post?

Expressing incredulity, thinking "**** you."

On 5/7/2019 at 9:57 PM, SwAg said:

Touch claimed he missed Orca's soft/fake claim, which is strange, as it seems right up his alley.

Counselor planted the notion that I had nefarious intent with my post of consolidated reads immediately prior to N1.

Pickle is probably scum.

Naz seemed like he's feigning anger at ET being frustrated at being lynched, when he seemingly soft-claimed Cop.

Reiterating my reads upon daybreak, which were updated with contemporaneous information.

On 5/7/2019 at 10:07 PM, SwAg said:

I have a degree of trust for tk3 and Touch.

I think anyone paying attention would know I genuinely have a degree of trust for Touch in this game.  Whether it's misplaced or not is irrelevant.  I opted to include tk3 in the pool of people I have a degree of trust for to see if he would alter his stance on me if he thought I could be controlled.  Shockingly, he semi-passed that test, but somewhat relented upon the push on me too.

You're only getting a brief overview on these interaction, but they're there for you to re-read in the relevant part if you're unsatisfied with my characterization.

On 5/8/2019 at 12:02 AM, Pickle Rick said:

Not sure you ever play like this, what made you put me, forge and counselor in there?

I'll get to you, but why the agreement.  What have those done to warrant your attention?

Care to elaborate on your erratic behavior that is completely over the top and why Pickle Rick?

🤯

On 5/8/2019 at 12:12 AM, Pickle Rick said:

Only mafia would have known that ET was town.  

Only mafia would known that pushing ET was bad.

Only mafia would be able to tell if someone was wrong about a push as this post definitely is insinuating.

Tk3

On 5/8/2019 at 12:33 AM, SwAg said:

I feel like it's definitely Rick.

On 5/8/2019 at 12:33 AM, SwAg said:

ET semi-claimed one of two power Town roles.  If you're going to resort to "only Mafia could have had pause on ET," then I don't know what to tell you.

On 5/8/2019 at 12:41 AM, SwAg said:

You're fake scum-hunting on ET with the whole "Forge is a smart person" schtick.  Then, you indulged Orca's "lolwhatdoyoumean?" post when I basically outed his semi-Cop claim, and Orca ended up dead right after The Doctor died, so I think you were playing dumb on that.

I listed Forge for the line of questioning I went through near day's end.

Counselor for the thread entrance, denial of reality, poor arguments, ambivalence related to whether he cares if he lives or dies (after he consciously avoided participation last game to survive as Vanilla, quite the contrast), and then his post that cast doubt on me whether I'm alive or dead simply because I consolidated my reads into a post before nightfall when there is no talking, when they would otherwise more than likely be lost in the thread if not for that action.

Here was my rationale for Rick and Counselor.  This was later augmented by what I perceived to be a fake interaction with tk3 to muddy the water for Town.

On 5/8/2019 at 12:42 AM, Pickle Rick said:

In the sense that he was saying I reverted back to playing bad.  The only way anyone could have had enough knowledge to formulate an opinion on my gameplay is if they already knew what the ignment of ET was. 

It's nice the you feel the need to push this instead of half *** like you did d1. 

It also connects you and tk3. 

On 5/8/2019 at 12:53 AM, SwAg said:

I don't even know what you're saying in the first part.

I didn't think I needed to spell it out more than I did.  I thought he claimed Cop, and anyone reading would know I thought he claimed that since I explicitly stated as much, and tk3 asked him repeatedly to clarify what was taken as a semi-claim.  Perhaps I had too much misplaced optimism that you all would not actually lynch him, but rather sought to protect him by giving the impression of mislynch potential.  Instead, here we are.  If you somehow didn't pick up on the fact that people thought he soft-claimed a power role, then I don't know what to tell you.

What connects me to tk3?  Not lynching ET and thinking ET soft-claimed like we both mentioned?

On 5/8/2019 at 1:01 AM, SwAg said:

There's just such a difference between you from last game and this game.  I feel like you're trying to superficially replicate that behavior.

On 5/8/2019 at 1:31 AM, Pickle Rick said:

Nothing you are saying is making sense and I think you are doing this on purpose to artificially put shade on to me.  

I made a comment to tk3 that his post about me playing awful again could have only been made by someone with additional knowledge about the game (i.e. who is mafia).  

You then defend tk3 (connecting yourself to him) by saying "ET semi-claimed one of two power Town roles.  If you're going to resort to "only Mafia could have had pause on ET," then I don't know what to tell you."

I then re-explain my thought about tk3 summarizing that only mafia (who would know et was town) would be in a position to critique my gameplay before the lynch had flipped.  

You then claim that you have no idea what I'm saying and then rationalize tk3 action and question how you are connected to tk3.  

You following swag?

You see how you are connected now right?  

On 5/8/2019 at 1:35 AM, Pickle Rick said:

I'm playing and trying to find mafia.  

Your gameplay d1 was lazy and was missing on all accounts.  You then show up d2 and try and be vocal and active.  If you wanna look at drastic changes in gameplay just look at d1 and d2 of this game instead of trying to create an argument from a game you were not involved in and correlate it to this game when you weren't participating at a level that town swag would be.

On 5/8/2019 at 1:59 AM, SwAg said:

I responded to posts in which you quoted me?  I didn't even address the posts in which you're talking to tk3.

The post you're interpreting as a defense of tk3 is objectively true, and was made in response to you trying to obscure blame on it.  Multiple people acknowledged ET seemed to make a claim.  You're not even really denying that, you're just saying that I'm defending tk3 by pointing that out.

I responded to your initial post, then you responded to what I said about ET.  I didn't mention tk3, what he said, what you said to him, or anything.  You brought the content of my post back to that.  I didn't rationalize anything tk3 did, I responded to the second portion of your post, which was directed at me, as indicated by the use of second-person pronouns.

I'm not even fighting a "connection" to tk3.  I already said I have a greater degree of trust for him at this juncture than the most, so it's not as serious of a condemnation as you seem to think.

On 5/8/2019 at 2:02 AM, SwAg said:

You were trying to fight Mafia with reductum ad absurdum and fixating upon the inverse of Occam's Razor, which is not what you did last game.

And I was hardly absent.  I contributed while I was here.  I'm not sure what relevance that really has to me accusing you, though.  Telling me I'm scum because reasons, and largely avoiding what I've actually said, isn't really a counter.  It's just setting up a false dichotomy between you and I.

I told Rick how much his argument sucked in these posts, and drew the comparison to last game and this game, which is  that I think Rick recognized the success he had last game as Town, and played well in that game.  Thus, he's trying to specifically emulate that game to remove the stark contrast.  As a result, you're getting forced attempts to scum hunt, like this interaction, and the ET/Forge is smart angle.

On 5/8/2019 at 2:45 AM, Pickle Rick said:

@SwAg you are manipulating the events again.  You can hide all the lies in your big words, but at the end of the day they are still lies.

I never said only mafia would have pause on et.  It was a position that only mafia would have the knowledge that I was playing poorly.  

At this point you are so confused on the events you don't know what is coming out of your mouth.  

You clearly responded my post to tk3 with your shot at me that mafia wouldn't have been the only ones with pause statement.  

You clearly refrained from scum hunting or being actively helpful.  Maybe you should check your own game for drastic changes before you fabricate an argument against someone that is actually playing.

You also seem fearful of the attention.  

It's pointless to continue this argument bc you clearly have already conceded bc you made yourself  so confused that you have lost track of your own directional compass with regard to activity, posts, and playstyle.  

Rick repeats the same tired talking points that are tone deaf in this game.  Basically, he's saying I'm a ****ter.

On 5/8/2019 at 4:05 AM, SwAg said:

Please point out the big words I am hiding behind.  You're repeating the same tired defense, and it makes no sense.  You're not even responding to my large posts, you're continuing to fixate on these one-sentence posts and misconstrue them.

I haven't clearly done any of the things you've proclaimed I've clearly done.  You're alienating your audience with those types of remarks because if it's not clear to them, they think you're being disingenuous.  It reeks of desperation.

I didn't respond to anything about tk3 saying you're terrible.  I responded to a portion of that post that was "unrelated" to that portion, yeah, I don't think that is really in contention.  

Yeah, terrified of attention.

I'm not confused.  You proclaiming I'm confused and using some cheap rhetorical devices incorrectly isn't going to dissuade me.

I tell Rick that he is the one who is, in fact, a ****ter.

On 5/8/2019 at 4:14 AM, SwAg said:

Also, I've been playing.  Simply declaring I haven't is unpersuasive, especially when you use it as a reference point to defend your own level of contributions.  But even if we presume I'm "not playing," then your post encapsulates that too, because now if I "start playing," it's because you "called me out."  Your arguments are humorously bad at this juncture.

Also, you declaring an argument with me to be pointless is the richest post in Mafia history.  That is literally 90% of the arguments you and your brother engage me in, often based upon made-up nonsense you two imagine.

I repeat the same as above, but with other words.

On 5/8/2019 at 4:16 AM, SwAg said:

looking forward to another round of dunce arguments comprised of only conclusory statements tomorrow.

Then I log off all grumpy and mean in which I tell Rick he's dumb because I'm terrible person.

On 5/8/2019 at 6:45 AM, Tk3 said:

So am i mafia because of my connection to ET?

Or am I mafia simply because you want me to be?

Here is tk3 reinforcing that ET connection, while capitalizing on the Rick rage (which again, I think is fake).  tk3 implored Rick to play better... And the first response is:

On 5/8/2019 at 11:27 AM, Pickle Rick said:

I'll try and post my thoughts soon (after rereading d1)

Following that advice!  Disengaging from the argument with me.

On 5/8/2019 at 12:54 PM, Tk3 said:

I have a town ish read on Forge

I have a (begrudging) town read on pickle

I don’t trust Counselor, I don’t trust Swag, and solely due to lack of activity, I don’t trust Naz

The more I think of touch, the more hesitant I am

Starts the Pickle is misguided Town angle, another hallmark of scum toolboxes everywhere.  Then casts indistinct doubt upon basically everyone, with no real reason, except Naz, and it's only because he likely had to specify it as inactivity since Naz has done nothing except feign outrage at ET.

23 hours ago, SwAg said:

tk3 it seems like you’re just sowing discord.  You’re not really saying anything other than you don’t trust anybody, and offering no explanation for most of it, except Naz.

And I say what I just said.  tk3 is trending downward at this point.  But, as I just said in the thread, more recent actions from tk3 also seem Town-oriented, which is why I'm now second guessing as to whether I misinterpreted some of this.

23 hours ago, SwAg said:

I think tk3 and Pickle are together now.

Here I am reiterating the conclusion I've drawn based upon the foregoing.

23 hours ago, SwAg said:

Counselor too.  

The longer the game rolls on, the more my issue becomes that I want to lynch almost everyone.

Counselor is still solidly in the mix at this point!  

23 hours ago, Tk3 said:

What is the difference between what I did and what you did?

"Why's cool for you, but not for me!?"

23 hours ago, SwAg said:

Well, a lot, actually, so I'm glad you asked!

The latter portion was done for rhetorical effect to demonstrate that everyone has done very little to demonstrate being Town. 

I've already explained Pickle and Counselor, the only new addition is you, and I explained it in another post you quoted.

Conversely, you just keep conclusory repeating conclusory statements about specific people.  The extent of your schtick with me has been "he doesn't seem Town!" when you're basically agreeing with most of what I say, but keep retreating back to that initial read.  And, otherwise, keep reiterating vague accusations without much.  I mean, even now, I think the most detailed explanation for your "list" is me, which is "doesn't seem like usual Town SwAg"; or Naz, which is "inactivity."

Pickle came into the thread and tried the kamikaze and false bravado, and then he reversed course whenever it didn't work, at your behest.  You're not even seriously accusing him of anything, despite you indicating a suspicion of him yesterday.  Instead, you're pushing the perception of Pickle as incompetent rather than scum.  Unless you want to detail what changed since you implied Pickle was suspect in your mind?

Annihilated.

23 hours ago, SwAg said:

Or I see beyond mundane cosmetic similarities.

Fatality.  Touch is a @Malfatron.

22 hours ago, Tk3 said:

The reason I suspect you is because you haven’t done THIS yet

Didn't really address what I said.  Used an escape hatch to hedge on his read and disengage.

21 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

It is a unique read when you read back through d1 with the knowledge that et was in fact lying about his soft claim of cop and was in fact the doctor.  As well as knowing that orca was in fact a townie and not cc et.  It also helps to keep in mind that orca was the player hit by mafia

Some things that stood out when you reread it knowing that info were 

1.  I look really bad for pushing et, mostly bc I didnt believe his soft claim or his antics that happened before and after the soft claim.  I also kept pushing the connection between et and tk3 which now in retrospect could have been tk3 trying to save a known town (from his perspective).  

2.  Swag never took a stance whatsoever the entire day.  He coasted by making snark comments and agreeing with people.  He never (imo) made his opinions about a player known or pushed anyone at all. This is a drastic difference to what he is doing today by pushing a few people and actually naming names.  

3.  Tk3 spent most of d1 pushing against an et lynch (is it bc he knew et was town, or was it bc he believed his claim)

4. Et had one major read and that was tk3.  It stemmed mostly from what he perceived, and I think most would agree, was tk3 fishing for civ specials.  Tk3 did this multiple times throughout d1 by pushing for someone to cc et, pushing what he claims was a cc by orca.  Orca however kept pushing back at him wanting to know what he saw that caused him to believe he was cc et.  Tk3 never obliged to do this. 

5.  I'm gonna address this further in a bit but this next point STOOD OUT THE MOST.  Both Swag and Tk3 focused on the fact that they believed orca cc et.  Orca pushed back multiple times at both of them and it felt to me as though he was trying to catch them in a lie bc he pressed them as to where they think he cc et.  Neither one would adequately answer the inquiries from orca.  

I knew it at the time, but now I've largely demonstrated that Rick's read on me is wrong here.  I played while present, and I indeed had my share of snarky comments, but many are interconnected and serve a purpose beyond snark.  I made my opinions known, I mean, hey, Orca (confirmed Town !)even characterized my arguments as good on Day 1!  But, we can ignore that, he's now forcing the tk3/ET connection, and now he's pushing the tk3/SwAg connection.  It's actually a clever way to keep a teammate alive.  You only need to setup a false dichotomy between two and coinflip in an instance of danger, and then you have some deniability even if your friend is lynched because you were "pushing the whole game!"  

This segues into Part II (47 Multiquote), which will be up later.  And, as I foreshadowed, I'm now harboring doubts on my views, but at least now you'll have my perspective, and I'll carry out the second post the same way.

@Forge you have mentioned that you "don't have a read on me" at least 4 or 5 times now.

If I am anyone else that would make me suspicious of the both of us.

As town, it certainly makes me suspicious of you and what you're trying to accomplish by saying that so often.

Archived