Micro-Mafia Games - Game 2, Jester Mafia - Night Thusday @ 10pm EST

Dome

1 minute ago, Forge said:

My vote isn't on Orca. My lynch is on Counselor

Would it be beneficial if I re-phrase to why did you?  Or, I can ask, would you still lynch Orca under the same rationale, but for you finding Counselor more compelling?

But to answer the question - it was a callback to Gopher's game. He posted song lyrics in that game a couple of times and was sort of doing the goofy thing in that thread (which he did here with the vote on dingo / et). He was scum. He didn't do it at all last game that I remember. Obviously not strong, since that sample size is pretty nominal, but it raised my eyebrow, no doubt. 

I would hope that he would not have that kind of obvious tell, but I wouldn't rule it out, either. Sometimes the attitude is different depending on our roles and puts us in different moods. Maybe being scum just puts him in a rather goofy, fun loving sort of mood 

Just now, Forge said:

But to answer the question - it was a callback to Gopher's game. He posted song lyrics in that game a couple of times and was sort of doing the goofy thing in that thread (which he did here with the vote on dingo / et). He was scum. He didn't do it at all last game that I remember. Obviously not strong, since that sample size is pretty nominal, but it raised my eyebrow, no doubt. 

What nefarious intent could there be in an Open Setup?  If I recall correctly (I do), he did the song post in Gopher's game to setup a soft-claim in a semi-open setup, where the factions were obscured.  In this game, there are only two possible claims that do not result in a lynch under scrutiny.  Ostensibly, he would be one of those on the basis of the song.

3 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Why counselor? 

His game has really stood out to me in the early going given the retaliatory votes. Very different from games I have seen previously. Doesn't mean much right now, but I don't have a lot to go on. In the interest of full disclosure though, I'm not nearly caught up in any of the posting today. I had some RL house issues pop up, so I haven't been in here at all. I need to read through just about everything that has happened today. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

His game has really stood out to me in the early going given the retaliatory votes. Very different from games I have seen previously. Doesn't mean much right now, but I don't have a lot to go on. In the interest of full disclosure though, I'm not nearly caught up in any of the posting today. I had some RL house issues pop up, so I haven't been in here at all. I need to read through just about everything that has happened today. 

It's a good read.  

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

What nefarious intent could there be in an Open Setup?  If I recall correctly (I do), he did the song post in Gopher's game to setup a soft-claim in a semi-open setup, where the factions were obscured.  In this game, there are only two possible claims that do not result in a lynch under scrutiny.  Ostensibly, he would be one of those on the basis of the song.

He did do it, soft claiming the emo role, yes. But I'm not implying that there is nefarious intent behind it, rather that it could simply be a tell. Like I said, it's thin. That's why my vote isn't on him right now. I've seen him post lyrics in one other game and he was scum, and the one game i played where he was town, he didn't do that at all. Perhaps the situation never called for it, or he didn't have any in mind. But it's an association thing. 

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

You misspelled Nazgul.

No but for real, Counselor.

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I don’t get the ******* games you are playing!

You took the blue pill. Never take the blue pill.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

He did do it, soft claiming the emo role, yes. But I'm not implying that there is nefarious intent behind it, rather that it could simply be a tell. Like I said, it's thin. That's why my vote isn't on him right now. I've seen him post lyrics in one other game and he was scum, and the one game i played where he was town, he didn't do that at all. Perhaps the situation never called for it, or he didn't have any in mind. But it's an association thing. 

That seems like feigned scum hunting, or (and I'm not trying to merely be a **** with this remark) a textbook example of how to not use meta, in a vacuum, devoid of context.

Archived