Best and Worst Offensive Lines

Hunter2_1

7 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Munch completely turned our OLine around.  Before he got there, even with some talent, we didnt have the coaching to put it together.   Munch brought out the best in Pouncey, DeCastro and Gilbert, and gets the most out of average talent players like Villaneuva and Foster.

Praise be to Munch.  Amen.  

I think Big Vil is making strides toward top 10 LT range. 

3 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I agree, the OL should be a mess again. Reiff and Berger are the best players of this group. Elflein has looked excellent so far but we've not seen it yet in the regular season. Im excited about Elflein but the tackle situation is worrisome. LG doesn't look good either, Boone was bad last year but I'm sure they will stick with him over Easton unfortunately. Easton might be decent at LG but we may never know.

overall, I think the Vikes will be average in terms of run blocking but bottom 3 in pass protection.

Read some analysis yesterday that gave a very good account of MIN being a Super Bowl dark horse, were it not for their OL. All they need is to enable that offensive to do enough to let the defense take them to the big game. But because the OL is trash, it's not really on the cards.

Don't know if I agree with everything there, but it was a decent argument. 

On 9/2/2017 at 3:32 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

Munch completely turned our OLine around.  Before he got there, even with some talent, we didnt have the coaching to put it together.   Munch brought out the best in Pouncey, DeCastro and Gilbert, and gets the most out of average talent players like Villaneuva and Foster.

Praise be to Munch.  Amen.  

Was it it picking them in early rounds or just getting the most out of them?

Detroits line hasn't played together yet, but they had a solid LT/LG/C trio last season with Decker/Glasgow/Swanson. They then went out and signed TJ Lang and Ricky Wagner for RG/RT respectively. When Decker was expected to miss time, they went and traded a late pick for OT Greg Robinson who has played well for the Lions this preseason and appears to be a good fit for our scheme. When Decker comes back (expected after the bye) Lions might be able to 7 deep with Robinson/Dahl as backups and a solid starting OL of Decker/Glasgow/Swanson/Lang/Wagner. 

28 minutes ago, PackyAttacky said:

Was it it picking them in early rounds or just getting the most out of them?

Getting the most out of them.

DeCastro, Pouncey and especially Gilbert all took it to the next level after he arrived.    Gilbert was an average AT BEST lineman before Munch.   Pouncey was good but not as great as he was hyped up by the media and some fans.  And even when we have had injuries, our backups have been solid.   

the Browns should be a top 5 pass blocking and top 10 run blocking line. 

Joe Thomas HOer, top5 in the NFLF Bitonio pro bowl level top 10 when healthy, Tretter good top 10 hen healthy according to PFF, Zeiter, Probowl level top 5 RG, Coleman, promising, looks like a RT.  

PFF had Britt graded at 79 in the C position and Joeckel at 72 in the LG position last season. Glowinski had ups and downs last season and his ovaerall grade was below average but quite not bad, and now he's back to his natural RG position. The Seahawks interior OL might actually look solid given the reports of good communication between Britt and Joeckel and the exhisting chemistry betwenn Britt and Glowinski.

I expect Ifedi and Odhiambo to be the worst or close to the worst OT tandem in the NFL next season. Ifedi is legit at run blocking but sucks at pass blocking and Odhiambo seems out of place in the NFL at LT but his pass blocking is passable.

Seahawks might not have the worst offensive line in football next season again. It's gonna be up there in the bottom thrid, but at least this was already a young group (the oldest of the starting OL is Britt, 26), with some continuity. They are a lock, imo for improvement.

Unfortunately for Wilson, the upside is almost all for run blocking, as this is the only thing Cable cares about.

The Vikings for instance, after the releasing of Alex Boone, confirmed 5 new starters from 2016 to 2017. That can't work out well.

13 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Detroits line hasn't played together yet, but they had a solid LT/LG/C trio last season with Decker/Glasgow/Swanson. They then went out and signed TJ Lang and Ricky Wagner for RG/RT respectively. When Decker was expected to miss time, they went and traded a late pick for OT Greg Robinson who has played well for the Lions this preseason and appears to be a good fit for our scheme. When Decker comes back (expected after the bye) Lions might be able to 7 deep with Robinson/Dahl as backups and a solid starting OL of Decker/Glasgow/Swanson/Lang/Wagner. 

This is a prime candidate for most improved OL.

We released Alex Boone, so this is our starting line. Let this lineup sink in.

LT: Riley Reiff

LG: Nick Easton

C: Joe Berger

RG: Pat Elflein

RT: Mike Remmers 

I don't see how we don't have by far the worst offensive line. We hopefully go o-line throughout the first two days of the 2018 draft.

12 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

the Browns should be a top 5 pass blocking and top 10 run blocking line. 

Joe Thomas HOer, top5 in the NFLF Bitonio pro bowl level top 10 when healthy, Tretter good top 10 hen healthy according to PFF, Zeiter, Probowl level top 5 RG, Coleman, promising, looks like a RT.  

Agreed 

2 hours ago, RedRider said:

I don't see how we don't have by far the worst offensive line. We hopefully go o-line throughout the first two days of the 2018 draft.

Yeah that's close to being brutal. The only good thing you can say about it is that TJ Clem isn't on there. I've seen Remmers throw some good blocks occasionally....

3 hours ago, RedRider said:

They're starting ElfLord at guard?  Ffs.

Archived