Jump to content
Chiefs_5627

Frank Clark to Chiefs

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, UKChief said:

This didn’t age well, how do you feel now?

personally v happy with the way the board is looking for us on d2. Cb, oline and wr all have good depth in these next two rounds 

There will be a huge run on CB's early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My take:

This is Spags' Strahan in KC. Chris Jones is an upgrade over what he had in NY with Justin Tuck, too. Then, once you factor in Nnadi/Saunders and a rotation of Okafor/Ogbah/Speaks, that's one hell of a D-line. In my humble opinion, we have fully transitioned to a solid 4-3 in one off-season, which I didn't think could be done. Say what you want about the compensation, but there's no way we could've obtained a guy of Clark's caliber at #29 OR packaging all the picks to trade up in this draft. No one in this draft offers the kind of upgrade Clark does and he's only 25 years old. I know I'm a minority in this opinion, but I freaking LOVE this move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, valkrei said:

There will be a huge run on CB's early.

Not so much early. It was in the second round.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm usually not big on player interview vids but I highly recommend the one linked below to everyone for anyone who has the urge to cite Clark's past as a concern. Once you watch it, you'll understand why his past truly is his past.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Through 5 games, this is looking like a painfully bad deal. Plenty of time to improve, but he has been poor by essentially every metric. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's early. And I do actually think he has performed better than the numbers suggest. I don't believe he's performed to the salary, mind you, just that he's been more average than terribad like his numbers look.

I"m kind of reluctant to judge the individuals in this defense at this stage, though. No one has looked as good on field as they do on paper. Could mean the coaching choice was bad, could mean we just are going to see delayed returns on the D transformation. There was a poster or two that hammered on the point all offseason that we won't see Spags D get going until year 2. This may be that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clark has drawn a lot of double teams, but not so much against Indy. 

TK has looked better. Ogbah has been a great pick up. Even though the CB get picked on in the media, they have been decent. The problem is that no one has history with the defense to use as a baseline. The defense for all its many growing pains is still close to last year's version.

J

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2019 at 10:38 PM, onejayhawk said:

Clark has drawn a lot of double teams, but not so much against Indy. 

TK has looked better. Ogbah has been a great pick up. Even though the CB get picked on in the media, they have been decent. The problem is that no one has history with the defense to use as a baseline. The defense for all its many growing pains is still close to last year's version.

J

 

Which was also terrible. Another very poor game from Clark. It's astonishing that we can go from creating so much pressure with Ford, Houston and Jones, last season, to what we have now. Basically, the QB has a clean pocket and as much time as he wants on every play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's just not that good. No burst off the line. No bull rush. No moves. Can't loop. Doesnt dominate the man in front of him. Can hold the Edge but only decently. Any time hes had a moment to shine hes failed. Has tackleitis like evetybody else on the front 7.

Another failed Veach(among an evergrowing list) signing so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

He's just not that good. No burst off the line. No bull rush. No moves. Can't loop. Doesnt dominate the man in front of him. Can hold the Edge but only decently. Any time hes had a moment to shine hes failed. Has tackleitis like evetybody else on the front 7.

Another failed Veach(among an evergrowing list) signing so far.

Sadly, I see no way we can get rid of him. That contract is an albatross. His cap hit jumps to $22.7 million next season. There's no realistic out until 2022. What an awful, awful deal this is turning out to be. Unless he takes an astronomical jump, this is looking like an all time bad move. I still have my fingers crossed he will turn it around, but each passing week makes it look less likely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kempus said:

Sadly, I see no way we can get rid of him. That contract is an albatross. His cap hit jumps to $22.7 million next season. There's no realistic out until 2022. What an awful, awful deal this is turning out to be. Unless he takes an astronomical jump, this is looking like an all time bad move. I still have my fingers crossed he will turn it around, but each passing week makes it look less likely. 

if we cut him it will hurt hut how bad? is it better to cut him after the season and it is what it is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, valkrei said:

if we cut him it will hurt hut how bad? is it better to cut him after the season and it is what it is?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/frank-clark-16787/#

 

From Spotrac, it would be stupidly expensive. $37.8 million in dead cap. He will be on the team next season. The year after is quite a bit cheaper at $15.6 million though. If he's still this bad, I guess we cut him there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×