Official NFL Draft (Gameday?) Thread [Will Update UDFA in OP When Available]

steelcurtain29

37 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Could always group together both 3s and move up into the mid 2nd, if they were so inclined.

Yes and you may agree...the Steelers are not an ILB away from the SB. They could not afford to use 3 picks to get a player of Bush's caliber. The 3rd Rd had better be special. They cannot afford any reaches or busts. 

2 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Yes and you may agree...the Steelers are not an ILB away from the SB. They could not afford to use 3 picks to get a player of Bush's caliber. The 3rd Rd had better be special. They cannot afford any reaches or busts. 

For sake of argument...

3a) Jace Sternberger...3b)Amani Hooker

yay or nay?

24 minutes ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Are you really surprised here? Everyone complains about the high picks here. I remember everyone whining about Bell and other picks, too.

That isn't true. People complained about Edmunds, JJ, Burns...I don't recall many complaining about Troy, Heyward, Ben...

2 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

They reached last year, and this year a reach could be said considering what was given up. That will eventually catch up to them if it doesn't achieve.  Bush could be a solid player, but the team might have needs in other areas such as CB that could get exposed badly if an injury occurs to the starters.   Maybe trade fro disgruntled CB C.Harris if we have any cap room to do that. What would the Broncos want, want would Harris want for a deal? 3 Vet starting CB's sounds about right, but might not be possible .

1 minute ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

For sake of argument...

3a) Jace Sternberger...3b)Amani Hooker

yay or nay?

For me, nay. CB and Edge are MUCH bigger needs then TE. Losing that 2nd pushed TE down. Hooker isn't a Single High Safety IMO but does fit the mold of the Steelers trying to put a non Single High Safety in that spot. Give me Walker and a CB not named Layne in the 3rd. 

Just now, Dcash4 said:

Is it really that bad though? We weren’t going to move into the top 10 for free...

Then don't move just to get in front of the Bungles to draft Bush. I mean is Bush THAT much better (meaning a 1st and 2nd and a 3rd) then "insert other ILB here"?

Just now, steelcurtain29 said:

Dude has 1 career INT and ZERO FF and he's a playmaker? SAS is drunk lol

I must really have lost interest, as I forgot all about stephen A and his rants . Is he right , time will tell. 

32 minutes ago, SteelersFan2333 said:

If they look at the trade chart it’s almost perfect value. We all knew before the draft we weren’t going to have 10 picks make the roster and trades were probable

It's not the value of the 10 spots. It's the Value of the player. I mean they could of traded up 10 spots and taken Cashman. That doesn't make it the right value. 

4 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

For me, nay. CB and Edge are MUCH bigger needs then TE. Losing that 2nd pushed TE down. Hooker isn't a Single High Safety IMO but does fit the mold of the Steelers trying to put a non Single High Safety in that spot. Give me Walker and a CB not named Layne in the 3rd. 

Not sure I agree with that especially since your missing 50% of offensive snaps at TE...I understand CB to an extent especially with Haden...but a 3rd rd rookie CB probably doesn’t see consistent snaps year 1...same thing with edge.

Archived