Official NFL Draft (Gameday?) Thread [Will Update UDFA in OP When Available]

steelcurtain29

7 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

To move up 10 spots...No. To get Bush, Yes. And 14 spots lower in the 2nd Rd is a big deal imo. 

I can understand that. I wasn’t the biggest bush fan. I just don’t understand the “bad value” argument. 

He is considered a top pick. It’s a desperate position of need. He checks most of the boxes we needed check. I’m just not going to complain about losing two dart throws we have theoretically already replaced because of it. 

I don’t think the defense is that far off from being really good. Super Bowl caliber even. We didn’t need a ton of help on defense, we just needed some play making talent. I assume they think Bush will improve when he gets in the league. They think he’s got the athletic makeup to be the new elite, playmaker in the middle of the field. Will they be right? Maybe. We won’t know for 3 years. He won’t need to step in from day 1. He’ll be able to learn the defense at a more manageable pace. He’ll probably get quite a bit of sub package work by the end of the year. Barron and Vince will be in the base. Vince comes off for Bush in passing situations. They may also have more faith in Artie, Cam, and Brian Allen turning into contributors. I think we may go offense with the next two picks. 

2 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

A league desperate for pass defenders selects no pass defenders in the first round....what’s that tell you about this crop? 

No elite guys but most should end up being solid #2 CBs...just pick your flavor.

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

A league desperate for pass defenders selects no pass defenders in the first round....what’s that tell you about this crop? 

The only head scratching pix have been from the Raiders. So teams have had other needs. But it is strange. The top CBs are on par with (and perhaps better) then other 1st Rd CBs of late. IMO at least. 

2 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

The only head scratching pix have been from the Raiders. So teams have had other needs. But it is strange. The top CBs are on par with (and perhaps better) then other 1st Rd CBs of late. IMO at least. 

Eh, I don’t agree on the on par part. There were some premier prospects the last few years. This class doesn’t have it. 

I’m not saying team aren’t filling other needs, but this is an absolutely premier position teams are desperate for and we are 3 picks from blanking a position with 13 first round picks in the last 3 years. 

Doesnt make me think we are missing much having moved on from 20. 

Archived