Official NFL Draft (Gameday?) Thread [Will Update UDFA in OP When Available]

steelcurtain29

1 minute ago, steelcurtain29 said:

It's almost a given at this point. There was an exception when we didn't get one for Faneca, but I forget the rest. Maybe age? I can't remember exactly.

It was a lack of proper comp picks for contracts signed. So more 2nd round comp picks were “awarded” than available. 

1 minute ago, Livewire said:

High character player who can cause some havoc.

I can definitely see the Steelers trading into the second tomorrow packaging some of their picks.

Raiders really early 3rd and our 4th would probably get us mid to late 2nd.

Edited by AlanFanecaFan
  • Like 1

My thoughts on Bush .... just watch the tape versus the better teams. He was not an NFL LB.  If the Steelers think Bush will be more of a SS/hybrid type of player, I can see that. I'm just not convinced there is enough tape to prove that.

Oh well. As I say every year. I hope the know more than I do.  

2 minutes ago, DR43 said:

What would you have done?  Who would you take at #20?

At 20, I may have taken a corner or traded down.   I'm just saying that Bush will gave a chance to make a quicker impact than any rookie CB would this year.

Just now, cjfollett said:

My thoughts on Bush .... just watch the tape versus the better teams. He was not an NFL LB.  If the Steelers think Bush will be more of a SS/hybrid type of player, I can see that. I'm just not convinced there is enough tape to prove that.

Oh well. As I say every year. I hope the know more than I do.  

While I kinda see what you're saying, "not an NFL LB" is a laughably exaggerated statement.