Josh Rosen Where Would He Be Drafted Today & Why Isn't He Worth a First Rounder if Traded?

PeachesBackwards

His contract would be 3 cheap years and an expensive (but not for a starting QB) option year, compared to 4 cheap years and an option if he was a prospect. Because of a missing year I'd think he is valued lower than if he were just a normal prospect. Then you add on that the teams know the Cardinals have to trade him in an hour if they take Murray and I think you are looking at a second round pick and a future conditional pick based on how he does (aka nothing, or low conditional if he is just a back up to Eli/Rivers/Brady and doesn't get any starts; pretty high if starting for the Skins or Dolphins or whatever).

Edited by Trojan

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Next we should see if there’s a correlation between QB’s who run a lot and injuries.

We may be on to something....

Does Kyler run a lot?

Does Kyler take stupid hits like RG3? No, he slides when he runs.

Just now, Skins212689 said:

YOU still didnt answer my question in regards to Rosen. If he's such a "Franchise QB" why are they already looking to replace him? Don't use the coaching change as a excuse. Other "Franchise QBs" have stayed with thier teams even when a new HC was hired. 

He's not, I don't like Rosen and the Cardinals are realizing their mistake and counting their blessings that Kyler fell into their lap and will be in the perfect situation. Which is why I'm arguing with a bunch of people on the Internet that think I'm wrong even though the Cardinals are basically admitting it lol.

5 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Don't see how the Cards were any worse than the Jets supporting cast

- ALL FIVE Cardinal OL were on IR. 

- The #1 WR is a 36 year old guy who was slow back when he was 28. Robby Anderson is better at this point. 

- David Johnson is never healthy.

The Jets offense was bad, yes. Not as bad as the Cardinals offense by a significant margin. 

1 minute ago, jetjuice said:

He's not, I don't like Rosen and the Cardinals are realizing their mistake and counting their blessings that Kyler fell into their lap and will be in the perfect situation. Which is why I'm arguing with a bunch of people on the Internet that think I'm wrong even though the Cardinals are basically admitting it lol.

Ok so now thier tryna cheat teams into giving up a 1st round pick for thier mistake. I'd give a 2020 2nd round pick for him or the Skins #76 pick in this years draft. 

Just now, ET80 said:

- ALL FIVE Cardinal OL were on IR. 

- The #1 WR is a 36 year old guy who was slow back when he was 28. Robby Anderson is better at this point. 

- David Johnson is never healthy.

The Jets offense was bad, yes. Not as bad as the Cardinals offense by a significant margin. 

Jets had 4/5 starters injured as well. And Larry Fitz is still better than anything we had. We once started Rishard Matthews and Andre Roberts at WR because that's how little we had to work with.

Just now, Skins212689 said:

Murray is more of Russel Wilson. RG3 doesn't belong in this conversation. 

Yeah buddy is trying to make any comparison he can to knock what Kyler has accomplished and the amount of talent he has compared to Rosen who is gonna wind up being jealous of Murray for the rest of his career lol. Of course there's no guarantees. But if I have to choose between the guy who won the Heisman last, had 2 losses in his entire college career, will become the first athlete to be drafted in the 1st round in TWO major sports in HISTORY, and is probably the best dual-threat QB we've seen since Michael Vick, vs Josh friggin Rosen, guess who I'm taking.

Basically everyone's argument against me is "well yeah but here's an example of a guy who had this same trait and failed" which doesn't prove crap. This is supposed to be a projection right? As far as PROSPECTS go, Kyler is more talented, he's more dynamic, and has the production to back it up. That's not opinion, that is factual. Rosen loses every head to head comparison on the field and off the field except for the damn Wonderlic, and that's why he will be traded in favor of Kyler.

9 minutes ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

Jetjuice is Kyler’s dad I figured it out

LOL I'm not even a crazy Kyler fan, his personality rubs me the wrong way a bit too. I just think he's far more talented from an objective point of view. I haven't really seen any valid point in favor of Rosen, closest thing was "well his team sucked last year so give him another year." This board makes me laugh sometimes.