Overwatch

cddolphin

Yes these Mercy changes will be huge in my estimation, I cannot wait. Mercy 3-5 man rez practically was the meta. You HAD to focus Mercy, and know where she was it all times. At least this was the case in silver through diamond. Doesn't matter who was behind the Mercy, and that was the problem. It's one thing if one player is doing insanely well as a hero, then yeah, they're gonna need to be focused, but with Mercy it was just by virtue of her ult. She'll still be a top priority target at all times, and a very strong pick, but she can no longer REVERSE the outcome of team fights. Influence them? Greatly help her team win team fights? Sure, but she'll have to gamble her ult now... she can't sit back and only use it if her team loses the fight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Are you talking about the patch from a couple weeks ago? If so, those changes are great. I have no complaints.

No, the new PTR update.  Valkyrie now no longer refreshes rez, no longer cuts the rez time in half.  Instead, it just doubles the rez range.  So whereas before, Mercy could rez, pop Valkyrie, rez immediately and then 10 seconds later rez again (thus, 3 rezzes in ~10 secs), now the rez timer is 30 seconds no matter what.  So no free rez reset and no decreased rez timer.  Valkyrie essentially is just the flying with the chain heal/chain boost and doubles your range for the 1 rez you'll get during that time.

3 minutes ago, beezee said:

No, the new PTR update.  Valkyrie now no longer refreshes rez, no longer cuts the rez time in half.  Instead, it just doubles the rez range.  So whereas before, Mercy could rez, pop Valkyrie, rez immediately and then 10 seconds later rez again (thus, 3 rezzes in ~10 secs), now the rez timer is 30 seconds no matter what.  So no free rez reset and no decreased rez timer.  Valkyrie essentially is just the flying with the chain heal/chain boost and doubles your range for the 1 rez you'll get during that time.

That sounds terrible.. let's see if it make it off the PTR though.

The smart move would have been to take away the CD reset or the CD reduction; one or the other, not both.

I actually think she might be fine, though. Not being able to double rez is a big hit, but I think a lot of people didn't recognize how strong her other ult effects were. The survivability she gets is still insane, and making her beams aoe is super strong if her team is positioned well. 

17 hours ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

I actually think she might be fine, though. Not being able to double rez is a big hit, but I think a lot of people didn't recognize how strong her other ult effects were. The survivability she gets is still insane, and making her beams aoe is super strong if her team is positioned well. 

So take away or reduce her health regen, or weaken her beam. I'd rather have the double-rez.

On 10/5/2017 at 3:55 PM, james.mcmurry13 said:

The smart move would have been to take away the CD reset or the CD reduction; one or the other, not both.

I agree with either not resetting or the CD reduction but not both.  Personally, I think the CD reset staying would have been great. Essentially just allows a double rez.