Overwatch

cddolphin

11 hours ago, showtime said:

The United States vs Korea match on Hanamura ending in a draw has always been a huge problem with the attack/defend style maps in this game (in my opinion).  To have a match that went that long and to not have a resolution is terrible.  Honestly, as someone who plays this game, I hate when I see Hanamura or Temple of Anubis when I play competitive.  I would have thought they would have came up with some way to change this by now.  I hope they do eventually.

The US couldn't close out multiple times and after the Hanamura draw that they were in position to steamroll in overtime, they fell apart.

4 hours ago, Danger said:

The US couldn't close out multiple times and after the Hanamura draw that they were in position to steamroll in overtime, they fell apart.

Yes.  I'm not really talking about the match.  I was more talking about maps like Hanamura in competitive and why I don't like them.

Overwatch League Season 1. 12 teams.

I kind of lose a lot of respect for two in particular. New York Excelsior and London Spitfire. They literally signed an entire team of just South Koreans.

Florida Mayhem is pretty weird. They signed basically an entire team of Sweedish/Finnish players. The only one that's not is from Belgium.

Edited by Danger

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Overwatch League Season 1. 12 teams.

I kind of lose a lot of respect for two in particular. New York Excelsior and London Spitfire. They literally signed an entire team of just South Koreans.

Florida Mayhem is pretty weird. They signed basically an entire team of Sweedish/Finnish players. The only one that's not is from Belgium.

Why would you lose respect for teams that are trying to sign the best players they can?

14 minutes ago, showtime said:

Why would you lose respect for teams that are trying to sign the best players they can?

Because they're "New York" and "London" yet every single player they just bring over from South Korea. Feels like pay to win. Not trying to bring together a team of variety to build together, not taking into account their own background of their own location at all.

Just now, Danger said:

Because they're "New York" and "London" yet every single player they just bring over from South Korea. Feels like pay to win. Not trying to bring together a team of variety to build together, not taking into account their own background of their own location at all.

It's actually great that South Korean players are on a New York based team.  If you're hardcore into Overwatch, then you would know players from different regions; however, a lot of people do not.  This league is a great way for players and talent from all over the world to be recognized by everyone.  

Maybe eventually when there are more teams, team compositions can be more region based.

Just now, showtime said:

It's actually great that South Korean players are on a New York based team.  If you're hardcore into Overwatch, then you would know players from different regions; however, a lot of people do not.  This league is a great way for players and talent from all over the world to be recognized by everyone.  

Maybe eventually when there are more teams, team compositions can be more region based.

I'm not saying that it's bad that they have some south Koreans. I'm saying it's bad that New York is ONLY South Koreans. It's just like the owner goes to their coach saying "Who's the best? The Koreans? Go buy me a team of those Koreans."

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm not saying that it's bad that they have some south Koreans. I'm saying it's bad that New York is ONLY South Koreans. It's just like the owner goes to their coach saying "Who's the best? The Koreans? Go buy me a team of those Koreans."

Last I heard, Flow3r is not on a team (could be wrong about that).  If he's not, go sign him to be a back-up =)