Overwatch

cddolphin

9 hours ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Played this morning for a bit. Was having real bad issues with Mei not being able to refill her snowball. Don’t know if it’s a bug?

also don’t see any must have skins outside of Sombra. Halloween had a good chunk :/

I love that Ana skin.  I got really lucky and got the Bastion skin.  I also want the Junkrat skin, Roadhog and Hanzo.  I don't know, I just want all of the skins, especially since they won't be available for an entire year.  I need that Ana skin.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2017 at 5:38 PM, showtime said:

I would like to see Junkrat and Mercy receive some nerfs.

The biggest nerf I'd like to see to Junkrat is his riptire hurting himself. That's a good enough start to me, outside of that you just need to know how to counter and play around him, just like a lot of other DPS heroes. He's easy to play yes, but his skill ceiling isn't super high. His best use is for tearing through shields while not being immobile like bastion.

Mercy. it feels like she's a bit too powerful during Valkyrie but a bit week at other times if you ask me.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

The biggest nerf I'd like to see to Junkrat is his riptire hurting himself. That's a good enough start to me, outside of that you just need to know how to counter and play around him, just like a lot of other DPS heroes. He's easy to play yes, but his skill ceiling isn't super high. His best use is for tearing through shields while not being immobile like bastion.

Mercy. it feels like she's a bit too powerful during Valkyrie but a bit week at other times if you ask me.

Yes, Junkrat can destroy shields fast, but he could do that before he got buffed.  He does too much damage for a character that just constantly spams.  One suggested nerf I have seen is decrease the amount his grenades roll before they explode or slightly reduce the damage his mines do.  As for Mercy, her ultimate is way too strong.  The time she's in her ult needs to be cut by like half - 20 seconds is way too long.  She's very difficult to kill while in her ult and she has instant rez along with stronger healing/damage boost, etc.  

Mercy is the biggest problem with the game right now.  She essentially oppresses the support category because she is a must pick.  

The thing is the highest skill cap heroes (Genji and Tracer), (Widow and McCree, in many situations) are the best at the highest level. GM/Pro play.

I'm trying to get better with all of them as well as Doomfist, I feel pretty good with Tracer, mediocre with Genji and McCree, and still bad with Doomfist and Widow. Learning a lot of Doomfist tricks though.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Agree about Mercy. I think they went the wrong direction with the rez, should have upped the cool time to 60s but still made it viable to use in the midst of a team fight. I definitely prefer her now to her must pick state she was at following the overhaul.

Junk is a bit tricky. At plat and below, where the mechanical skills (for long time players, anyway) are a bit meh, he can pose real problems on narrow maps as a one man wrecking crew and feels OP. I've always played a ton of Junkrat, and since the buff, where my SR has been in that 2500-2700 range, Pharah is the only hero that I really feel counters me. In theory, Soldier and McCree should obliterate Junkers as mid range hitscan since Junkrat nades are mostly effective up close or long range. Zen, Widow, Hanzo and Genji also have the toolsets to wreck him. Doesn't happen in plat, but once you get to masters, GM? I'm sure he's only viable on certain maps. If they were to nerf him, I think they should lower the splash damage to 60, keep direct hit at 40, or even lower his magazine to 4.

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Agree about Mercy. I think they went the wrong direction with the rez, should have upped the cool time to 60s but still made it viable to use in the midst of a team fight. I definitely prefer her now to her must pick state she was at following the overhaul.

Junk is a bit tricky. At plat and below, where the mechanical skills (for long time players, anyway) are a bit meh, he can pose real problems on narrow maps as a one man wrecking crew and feels OP. I've always played a ton of Junkrat, and since the buff, where my SR has been in that 2500-2700 range, Pharah is the only hero that I really feel counters me. In theory, Soldier and McCree should obliterate Junkers as mid range hitscan since Junkrat nades are mostly effective up close or long range. Zen, Widow, Hanzo and Genji also have the toolsets to wreck him. Doesn't happen in plat, but once you get to masters, GM? I'm sure he's only viable on certain maps. If they were to nerf him, I think they should lower the splash damage to 60, keep direct hit at 40, or even lower his magazine to 4.

I'm currently 3350. If you ask me, you just have to stay at a further distance from Junkrat and he's easily dealt with. He's not very good on King of the Hill maps either for what it's worth. He's most effective in tight spaces (e.g. Kings Row) and choke points.

53 minutes ago, Danger said:

The thing is the highest skill cap heroes (Genji and Tracer), (Widow and McCree, in many situations) are the best at the highest level. GM/Pro play.

I'm trying to get better with all of them as well as Doomfist, I feel pretty good with Tracer, mediocre with Genji and McCree, and still bad with Doomfist and Widow. Learning a lot of Doomfist tricks though.

Depends on the map and situation.  For example, on Nepal, Junkrat is often used even in pro patches mostly because the second stage of that point is just really tight confined spaces and his non-stop spam does insane damage.  Plus, he can spam over angles on that map - meaning he can output tons of damage, but a soldier and McCree can't shoot him since he's at the bottom of a staircase or around a corner.

Finished last season about 2550, just placed 2370! So mad. Went 6-4 in a 6 stack with plats and others who hadn't placed, and thought I played well. I probably was Zen 60% of the time and did great with him. Averaged 17 kills, 6 deaths, 6000 healing and 50+ assists per 10 minutes. 5 or 6 cards overall. I really had only been playing comp just to place and get the comp points the past few seasons, but this has lit a fire back under me. Determined to get back to plat at least, know I belong there man.

One of the guys I was with went 5-5, playing 7 of his 10 placements with us, and placed 3100 after finishing 2750 last season. He was playing DPS, but I would say our stats were roughly the same in terms of where they rank relative to other players. Worth noting that I've always thought this guy was easily diamond level, so maybe MMR factored a bit more heavily this time around? Who knows. Seems for most people, they were happy with their placements this season, so I just have to assume its' MMR and mine was pretty low as I hadn't done much playing the past 3 seasons.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss

I placed around 3940.  My last placement game, a party of four quit the game after we took the first point on attack Hollywood.  I have no clue why they left and they never said a word, but they never returned.  Needless to say, we lost that game and a win there would have put me a win away from GM.  Now I have to win two to get there.