Official 2019 NFL Draft Thread

DowNY

2 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Doesnt really make sense since they traded up after dal selected

I'm thinking they had a deal in place before the pick was made. I guess I'm just trying to make sense of the trade because it's really odd. If they were worried Minnesota was going to take Edoga, why would Minnesota change their minds over a late 7th round pick?

I liked the first pick tonight. I don't mind the second, but I am perplexed as to why we gave away a last rounder to move up one spot. Oh well, still a decent draft so far.

Our biggest issue is probably internal dysfunction right now.

16 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Lee for a 4th or 5th? You guys are mad. I'll chalk this up to "what have you done for me lately", but Lee is a solid starter. You don't sell that off for a guy who might not even make the roster. 

Youre right about just giving him up. Overall he hasnt been solid though. His body of work for a 1st rounder has been pretty sub par. He still lacks instincts in the run game. He has however been getting better each year. I like that he is motivated. I like that he is bulking up. He is athletic too. I just have been less impressed with his body of work than you. I do hope we keep him though. It gives us more flexibility on D.

Moved up one spot because the Jets feared/received intel MIN would take Edoga themselves. 

Position flex player who can conceivably play 4 spots on the line. Has all the athletic talent in the world, but needs refinement and to improve his strength. The popular comparison for him is Kelvin Beachum, but give me a less refined La'el Collins. Not nearly as good as Collins was coming out, and there's a lot of qualities that Edoga leaves to be desired, but from the pure athletic ability/body type/position flexibility - I think that's a comparison to sink your teeth into. 

I like the picks we made tonight. We got the edge guy who is graded 1st round talent and we get the best pass blocker at OT. The guy can play 4 spots so I am assuming we move Winters to Center and Edoga moves to guard. I was never really McGovern type guy. I still had Pierschbacher as the best center still out there. 

We're in an interesting spot. It's very realistic to take a C here and that player either winning the starting job or ultimately taking it over in year one. Also a good spot for a corner. I think the Jets will consider trading down to potentially add another pick in round 5/6. If they don't, I'd say to hell with trying to add a center and continue the theme of adding high potential players at positions of need (which is what we did with Polite and Edoga) and draft Hakeem Butler. We can sign guys in free agency that can compete for the C spot and be effective in the near-term, we won't be able to find a player who can provide the potential impact that Butler can both short-and-long term. Not many guys on this earth who are 6'5", 227 lbs. with 10 3/4" hands who can run a 4.48 40, jump a 36" vertical and a 128" broad jump. 

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

We're in an interesting spot. It's very realistic to take a C here and that player either winning the starting job or ultimately taking it over in year one. Also a good spot for a corner. I think the Jets will consider trading down to potentially add another pick in round 5/6. If they don't, I'd say to hell with trying to add a center and continue the theme of adding high potential players at positions of need (which is what we did with Polite and Edoga) and draft Hakeem Butler. We can sign guys in free agency that can compete for the C spot and be effective in the near-term, we won't be able to find a player who can provide the potential impact that Butler can both short-and-long term. Not many guys on this earth who are 6'5", 227 lbs. with 10 3/4" hands who can run a 4.48 40, jump a 36" vertical and a 128" broad jump. 

Butler would be huge for us. Our depth at WR would be very good and that is a potential #1 down the road. Between him and QE good luck tackling these guys.

I love Butler and he has to be the guy if he's there. It's been a while since I've seen a WR bully DB's like he does.He is one of my favorite players in this draft.  

Butler, E.Hall, Gaillard, Pierschbacher, Joe Jackson, Michael Jordan, Tyler Jones, Martez ivey, Bryce Love, Wes Hills(UDFA), Love, Iman Marshall, Oruwarlye, Jordan Brown, 

Foster Moreau, Preston Williams, Renell Wren, Gerald Willis, a run stuffing NT are the names I'll be looking out for. 

Archived