Official 2019 NFL Draft Thread

DowNY

2 minutes ago, Karmaloop said:

It's not. People are just speculating.

Better off holding him.  Hoping he plays well preseason.  Wait for a team who needs to replace a LB due to injury or a team looking for depth.  Might be more value than what we can get today.

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

You know I rarely draft Mac, but everyone picked around him has sucked as well.  It was a crappy draft.

I truly don't think Darron Lee is a bad player. I think it would be so foolish to trade him for a 5th. He had a good year last year no matter what stats you look at. Had he played all 16 games, he could've led all LBs in interceptions. He became an asset in coverage, as opposed to previous years where he only flashed that talent. Personally, I wouldn't trade him simply because we no longer have a starting spot for him. Like I get it, the Jets drafted him with the intention that he'd be the leader of the defense, but we were misguided. His character didn't live up to how he portrayed it in college. That doesn't mean he can't help the team on game days even if it's as a gimmick player. If anything let him play, then walk as a free agent (I expect him to be traded, but clearly I'm very against it). You never know... maybe he takes another huge leap with less expectation of him and Mosely as the guiding presence. Hell, they could decide to part with Williamson and bring back Lee...

I just know if/when we move on from him, we're going to regret it. He'll be a good player. That type of talent doesn't just grow on trees. 

Just now, jetskid007 said:

I truly don't think Darron Lee is a bad player. I think it would be so foolish to trade him for a 5th. He had a good year last year no matter what stats you look at. Had he played all 16 games, he could've led all LBs in interceptions. He became an asset in coverage, as opposed to previous years where he only flashed that talent. Personally, I wouldn't trade him simply because we no longer have a starting spot for him. Like I get it, the Jets drafted him with the intention that he'd be the leader of the defense, but we were misguided. His character didn't live up to how he portrayed it in college. That doesn't mean he can't help the team on game days even if it's as a gimmick player. If anything let him play, then walk as a free agent (I expect him to be traded, but clearly I'm very against it). You never know... maybe he takes another huge leap with less expectation of him and Mosely as the guiding presence. Hell, they could decide to part with Williamson and bring back Lee...

I just know if/when we move on from him, we're going to regret it. He'll be a good player. That type of talent doesn't just grow on trees. 

I'm not disagreeing by any means.  Given that the pick they trade him for will likely bust, we'd be better off holding on to him.  I don't think we do though.

2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I agree 100%.  At worst provides depth.  Plus I would be very interested in seeing what Williams can do with.  He ran 4.43 at the combine and that speed can be used different ways. 

Archived