Pick is in, #40 - CB Trayvon Mullen

RaidersAreOne

Clemson and Mississippi State had two of the best defenses in college football history last year. And all of our defensive players are from these two schools.

Mississippi State had Sweat, Abram, Simmons, Dantzler. 

Clemson the entire D Line of Ferrell, Wilkins, Bryant, Lawrence, and also Mullen. 

I really like this pick. Vic mentioned that he would be on the list that the Raiders would like. He's really good in coverage but doesn't make a lot of play to force turnovers. Hopefully, that changes. Raiders got themselves a CB who can fight for a starting job. 

Ferrell and Mullen were the two most impressive players on the defense for Clemson in the National Title game. Mullen shut down one side for Tua and Ferrell whipped Jonahs booty all game. Jonah was a Top 5 draft prospect all season until that game happened. 

• Like 1

I like how they’re recording the phone call to the players. Really cool for us to hear. The Mullens one is my favorite. You can only imagine the feeling him and all these players felt getting that call and finally realizing that there dreams came true that there life is changed forever. All that hard work paid off. Rooting for Mullen’s a lot. 

6 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I like the leadership. I like his tackling skills. I like his blitzing. I like his versatility in coverage. Good height and 40 time. Sounds like fluid hips (haven't watched enough). Didn't know much about the dude, but not upset about the pick. Especially since we slid back and added value.

I was so focused on wanting Greedy I forgot about Mullen who got picked where I expected. I like the flash of Greedy but think Mullen was the right pick for how were building the future of this franchise. I like  and the pick and trading down makes it even better.

• Like 1