Draft Day Thread - Day 3

ARTMONK HOF

2 minutes ago, Bo Duke said:

I actually think Mclaurin, Quinn, Richardson, Harmon, and Simms. Richardson is safe because of the contract.

I actually just got done telling my son I don't think Doctson makes it to the regular season. The lazy route running has caught up to him, have yet to give the 5th year option also. What a waste of talent 

Has until May 3rd, but this draft probably closed the door on any hope that Doctson would hope to get the option.

5 minutes ago, Woz said:

Has until May 3rd, but this draft probably closed the door on any hope that Doctson would hope to get the option.

Could work out for the best for us. If he has a good year we can re-sign him but not do the overpriced 5th-year option. Like what the Dolphins did with DeVante Parker.

16 minutes ago, MosEisley said:

He does if he's been on the active roster 6 games or less.

Who Davis? Yeah, he's never been on the active roster but for a few games - if that his rookie year - last year he tore his ACL in training camp.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Who Davis? Yeah, he's never been on the active roster but for a few games - if that his rookie year - last year he tore his ACL in training camp.

Robert Davis 6' 3" from Georgia St. 6th round 2017. I thought he was on the active roster a couple of times last year, but I don't remember if he was ever on the game day roster.

44 minutes ago, Bo Duke said:

I actually think Mclaurin, Quinn, Richardson, Harmon, and Simms. Richardson is safe because of the contract.

I actually just got done telling my son I don't think Doctson makes it to the regular season. The lazy route running has caught up to him, have yet to give the 5th year option also. What a waste of talent 

Eh, I think Doctson makes the team. Whether he starts is questionable but McLaurin, Harmon or Sims have a chance to beat him out I guess... Although I think it's unlikely.

Just bc we don't give Doctson the 5th year option doesn't mean we can't re-sign him next offseason if he has an improved year, like the Dolphins just did with Devante Parker.

6 minutes ago, MosEisley said:

Robert Davis 6' 3" from Georgia St. 6th round 2017. I thought he was on the active roster a couple of times last year, but I don't remember if he was ever on the game day roster.

Oh I know who he was, I just didn't know who Woz was referring to. I think at the end of his rookie year in 2017 when in they bring up some practice squad guys that he may have been on the game day roster but not active.

Yeah, he was active for one game in 2017.

http://www.nfl.com/player/robertdavis/2558254/profile

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:
minutes ago, MosEisley said:

Robert Davis had a horrible knee injury in practice last year at training camp. He may not even be ready by the start of the season.

Doctson is in trouble Turtle. You don't keep a guy just to do it. They didn't draft two receivers for the hell of it. You cant put Mclaurin or Harmon on the practice squad, you would lose them in a second. Cutting Richardson would hurt the cap too much. The 5th wr is coming down  to Doctson vs Simms. My money is on Simms 

Just now, Bo Duke said:

Robert Davis had a horrible knee injury in practice last year at training camp. He may not even be ready by the start of the season.

Doctson is in trouble Turtle. You don't keep a guy just to do it. They didn't draft two receivers for the hell of it. You cant put Mclaurin or Harmon on the practice squad, you would lose them in a second. Cutting Richardson would hurt the cap too much. The 5th wr is coming down  to Doctson vs Simms. My money is on Simms 

I get that he shouldn’t be given the job but he has started and flashed some vs starting corners in the NFL the last two seasons.

These other guys - other than Quinn - have yet to prove they can get open against NFL coverage. Sims looked good in the preseason vs corners who didn't make it onto NFL rosters and he didn't exactly run precise routes either.

IMO it's a bridge too far to say that any of them will beat out Doctson. I have to see them do something vs good NFL corners first this preseason.

4 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Did you see the tweet with him catching balls one handed like he was spiderman?

No, missed that one. I like this guy. I love McLaurin. I think Harmon can be Garcon like and McLaurin can be a fast precise route running WR who is good on short/quick routes and he can also stretch the field. At least that's their potential.

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

No, missed that one. I like this guy. I love McLaurin. I think Harmon can be Garcon like and McLaurin can be a fast precise route running WR who is good in short yardage and he can also stretch the field. At least that's their potential.

43 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Could work out for the best for us. If he has a good year we can re-sign him but not do the overpriced 5th-year option. Like what the Dolphins did with DeVante Parker.

That's highly unlikely. I think this draft was Washington's way of saying "we're moving on, Josh."

Just now, Woz said:

That's highly unlikely. I think this draft was Washington's way of saying "we're moving on, Josh."

Because they drafted a 3rd round and 6th round WR? Ehh, maybe, maybe not. Its not like they took a WR at 15.

Archived