Who is the King of Sports Movies?

JDLefebvre

6 hours ago, Bednarik60 said:

I have seen them so many times, there probably on TBS or TNT right now. They are good obviously, but i don't know how well they hold up over time. They are fun movies, but they are not the most realistic depictions of golf or boxing lol. 

That's because neither of them are meant to be about golf.  ;).    And yeah most sports movies become too Hollywood and too unrealistic unfortunately.  

6 hours ago, JDLefebvre said:

That's because neither of them are meant to be about golf.  ;).    And yeah most sports movies become too Hollywood and too unrealistic unfortunately.  

Hahaha that was a i need more caffeine post. I was referring to Tin Cup lol. 

There good , i love Kevin Costner and Stallone to. Not trying to be a hater. 

It just irks me how they can never get the uniforms or stadiums right lol, if they made a football movie today , they would be wearing oddly bright colored uniforms and multiple guys would have the foam neck roll from the 70's lol and there would  be like maybe 15 guys on the team , there is 53 guys on a football team but every football movie w but hen they show the locker room or sidelines there is like 15 players at the most lol. 

Do you member that show Coach? Great show. But i would die how they would go to the locker room and there was literally 6 players and 3 coaches lol. 

Haha....  yeah I hear ya 100%.  I'm a wrestler, now coach, so growing up it droves me nuts how no TV show or movie can make a decent wrestling scene.  Like it's that hard to hire someone who actually knows the details of the sport.  I'm sorry but those A.C. Slater saved by the Bell wrestling scenes were awful!!!   ;)   Even the good movies can't get the wrestling scenes right for some reason.   

8 hours ago, Bednarik60 said:

It just irks me how they can never get the uniforms or stadiums right lol, if they made a football movie today , they would be wearing oddly bright colored uniforms and multiple guys would have the foam neck roll from the 70's lol and there would  be like maybe 15 guys on the team , there is 53 guys on a football team but every football movie w but hen they show the locker room or sidelines there is like 15 players at the most lol. 

Try 61*. Billy Crystal did that right. One of the few movies where it looks fairly legit to me. 

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 8:07 PM, JDLefebvre said:

Amazing movie.  It's one of my favorites along with Miracle and Friday Night Lights.  And yes it seems very accurate.   

I always thought Thomas Jane was going to take off after that, but he never did.  He's had a solid career, but I thought he was going to be big.  He is in the upcoming Predator reboot though, albeit it looks like it's a supporting role.

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:20 PM, JDLefebvre said:

Haha....  yeah I hear ya 100%.  I'm a wrestler, now coach, so growing up it droves me nuts how no TV show or movie can make a decent wrestling scene.  Like it's that hard to hire someone who actually knows the details of the sport.  I'm sorry but those A.C. Slater saved by the Bell wrestling scenes were awful!!!   ;)   Even the good movies can't get the wrestling scenes right for some reason.   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vision_Quest

While mostly a love story this one is a great wrestling movie.

2 hours ago, TENINCH said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vision_Quest

While mostly a love story this one is a great wrestling movie.

I did mention I'm a wrestler right?  Vision Quest is well  known to practically every wrestler or at least it should be. Obviously one of my favorite sports movies.   

But this is an example of what I'm saying... while it was great they got a lot of details wrong for the sake of an entertaining movie.  Not a big deal but bothers those who care about the sport.  

15 hours ago, JDLefebvre said:

I did mention I'm a wrestler right?  Vision Quest is well  known to practically every wrestler or at least it should be. Obviously one of my favorite sports movies.   

But this is an example of what I'm saying... while it was great they got a lot of details wrong for the sake of an entertaining movie.  Not a big deal but bothers those who care about the sport.  

Nope.....you've never mentioned that

Archived