Who is the King of Sports Movies?

JDLefebvre

Sylvester Stallone?   Rocky series and now the Creed series.   Grudge Match.  Plus the movie with Pele "Escape to Victory"

Adam Sandler?  Happy Gilmore, The Water Boy, Longest Yard

Tom Cruise?  Jerry McGuire? Days of Thunder, All the right moves

Dennis Quaid? The Rookie, Everybody's all American, Any Given Sunday, The Express

My vote goes to KEVIN COSTNER!!!!!

Field of Dreams

For Love of The Game

Bull Durham

Tin Cup

American Flyers

Draft Day

McFarland, USA

Thoughts???

While we're at it who was the best coach in a movie?

Billy Bob Thorton?  Friday Night Lights is my favorite football sports movie so he's up there.

Gene Hackman?  Hoosiers - best ever, The Replacements

Al Pacino? Any Given Sunday

Denzel Washington? Remember the Titans

14 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Costner in a walk

Gene Hackman as Coach Norman Dale in Hoosiers is also a no brainer to me.

agree Costner in a walk.. when I first opened the thread.. I didn't see his name instantly and was like wth..

As for the coach.. I agree with you that it's Hackman, but I think Denzel is actually pretty close..

Is it me or are there not that many good sports movies? When Kevin Costner is taking it for Tin Cup and Field of Dreams or Stallone for Rocky its pretty rough lol...

Sports in movies almost never looks right, the uniforms, the players, the stands, the stadium etc, everything never looks right. 

33 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

Is it me or are there not that many good sports movies? When Kevin Costner is taking it for Tin Cup and Field of Dreams or Stallone for Rocky its pretty rough lol...

Sports in movies almost never looks right, the uniforms, the players, the stands, the stadium etc, everything never looks right. 

are you knocking Field of Dreams and Rocky?????????????????????????

4 minutes ago, JDLefebvre said:

are you knocking Field of Dreams and Rocky?????????????????????????

I have seen them so many times, there probably on TBS or TNT right now. They are good obviously, but i don't know how well they hold up over time. They are fun movies, but they are not the most realistic depictions of golf or boxing lol. 

Archived