> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

12 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

He had drop issues in 2017 and 2018. He didn't this past season. I'm not worried about comparisons, I'm worried about what I see on tape and upside, and I didn't see much to worry about in his 2019 tape, besides getting better as a route runner and creating more after the catch. He also sounds like an intelligent guy in interviews, which doesn't mean squat- so did J Matt, but I like my first rounders to sound like they paid attention in school. I'm starting to prefer Lamb over Jeudy for this reason. 

Any mention of drop issues is a HUGE red flag for me - this team can not afford to have more wide outs who can't catch the ball.

We need someone sure handed - I know everyone hates him for whatever reasons but for my money, Jefferson is the guy at 21. 

I'm also talking strictly from a first round perspective - you wanna talk about Mims and Reagor in Round 2 then that's fine (though, I'm not giving up assets to move up for either of them). 

Just now, Scalamania said:

Any mention of drop issues is a HUGE red flag for me - this team can not afford to have more wide outs who can't catch the ball.

We need someone sure handed - I know everyone hates him for whatever reasons but for my money, Jefferson is the guy at 21. 

I'm also talking strictly from a first round perspective - you wanna talk about Mims and Reagor in Round 2 then that's fine (though, I'm not giving up assets to move up for either of them). 

the problem with justin jefferson is that he's boring. Like oh great a good slot receiver. 

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

the problem with justin jefferson is that he's boring. Like oh great a good slot receiver. 

I get that he's boring, but the dude can play - he's quick, he's got great rounds, runs good routes, is a great contested catch receiver. He does it all - albeit from the slot.

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

I get that he's boring, but the dude can play - he's quick, he's got great rounds, runs good routes, is a great contested catch receiver. He does it all - albeit from the slot.

well if we are running two tight ends does the slot exist?

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

I keep seeing this and I truly don’t get it 

i was really upset when we drafted agholor because he couldnt catch. Watched that dude drop 3 passes a game at USC. yeah they threw it to him 15 times but still it wasnt good.

11 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Because he's a slot WR, and those aren't worth 1st round picks. Would you trade a 1st for Tyler Boyd or Edelman or Emmanuel Sanders, even if the latter 2 were still 25 years old? I wouldn't, and those are the best slot WR's in the game. Not enough intermediary targets to go around to justify a high-end slot WR. We need an experienced outside WR. 2 of them.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

Just now, Jeezla said:

Because he's a slot WR, and those aren't worth 1st round picks. Would you trade a 1st for Tyler Boyd or Edelman or Emmanuel Sanders, even if the latter 2 were still 25 years old? I wouldn't.

Emmnanuel Sanders? Yes I would. I've never been really impressed by Edelman tbh so that's a no. Tyler Boyd you'd have to consider it, depending on where you were picking (though I do think Jefferson is a much better version of Boyd). 

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

Emmnanuel Sanders? Yes I would. I've never been really impressed by Edelman tbh so that's a no. Tyler Boyd you'd have to consider it, depending on where you were picking (though I do think Jefferson is a much better version of Boyd). 

Sanders had missed more games than D Jax iirc. Any slot WR that comes here isn't going to replicate their stats from another team. Emmanuel Sanders and Tyler Boyd aren't getting 1000 yards as Eagles, sharing the middle of the field with Ertz and Goedert.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Someone looking for Love. 

And sure. Just as long as he doesn’t go to us in the 1st round. 

So the Pats or Saints, I’d be good with that. Would suck if he turns out any good to help those teams. But if we get something nice, by all means. Especially if the board is Fulton/Mims/Reagor.

If we move down too far, say to the Colts or Chargers. We could be stuck with the next tier of guys. After the Vikings (twice), Pats, Packers, Niners, Bengals all go. But certain trades would make it worthwhile for sure. 

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Sanders had missed more games than D Jax iirc. Any slot WR that comes here isn't going to replicate their stats from another team. Emmanuel Sanders and Tyler Boyd aren't getting 1000 yards as Eagles, sharing the middle of the field with Ertz and Goedert.

Okay, I assumed you asked with the notion that Sanders is 25 and had nothing to do with his injury history. 

They may not get 1,000 yard but you know what they will do? Catch the damn ball when needed. Catch the damn ball in contested catch situations. 

EDIT - Like I said a while back; maybe it's just me. Any WR who has questions about drops is immediately a no go for me. I don't care who their QB was or whatever other excuse people use. 

Edited by Scalamania

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

So the Pats or Saints, I’d be good with that. Would suck if he turns out any good to help those teams. But if we get something nice, by all means. Especially if the board is Fulton/Mims/Reagor.

If we move down too far, say to the Colts or Chargers. We could be stuck with the next tier of guys. After the Vikings (twice), Pats, Packers, Niners, Bengals all go. But certain trades would make it worthwhile for sure. 

The Pats are going to take Anthony Gordon in round 3, and he'll end up being the 2nd best QB in this class.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

How so? This board is obsessed with the three top 10 WRs who all have questions about drops. What's there not to get? 

Mims specifically. Like I don’t get the can’t catch criticism. I would like to watch more full games. But he made fantastic catches look easy very regularly.

Ive seen Hamler’s issue firsthand. And why I’m wary about him.