> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

QB- Cole McDonald, Anthony Gordon 

RB- Perine, D. Evans, Dillon, Kelley 

WR- Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Jefferson, Higgins, Reagor, Aiyuk, Claypool, Tyler Johnson, Gibson, Edwards, Cephus, Bowden, Coulter, Proche

T- Adneiji, Trey Adams, Runyan

G/C- Onwenu, Hanson, Biadasz

DE- Zuniga, Highsmith, 

DT- R.Davis, Elliott,  

LB- Murray, Brooks, Gay Jr, Logan Wilson, K. Martin

CB- CJ Henderson, Diggs, Igbinoghene, Dantzler, Ojemudia, Samuels 

S- Delpit, McKinney, Winfield, Blackmon, Dorn, 

6 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Mims had a 30% of his catches were contested... if he can’t get separation in college, he won’t in the Nfl... Jefferson had 10%. Mims game speed isn’t 4.3 and gets disrupted in his routes so much. 

90% of Jefferson's catches are with his stomach. Even in the gauntlet drill.

No thanks.

32 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Mims had a 30% of his catches were contested... if he can’t get separation in college, he won’t in the Nfl... Jefferson had 10%. Mims game speed isn’t 4.3 and gets disrupted in his routes so much. 

Scheming and positioning makes a world of difference.

Baylor's bread and butter was to have Mims comeback towards the sideline and slant him inside. Unless the corner is complete garbage, he'll be right there.

Jefferson got moved inside to get him away from contested catches.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Scheming and positioning makes a world of difference.

Baylor's bread and butter was to have Mims comeback towards the sideline and slant him inside. Unless the corner is complete garbage, he'll be right there.

Jefferson got moved inside to get him away from contested catches.

Mims ran a go route 25% of the time, and hitch route 20% of the time, he ran the comeback route 0% the rest is filled with out route, in route, crossers slants and posts. Mims 30% contested rate shows he can’t get separation. On breaking routes, he should be getting separation, and he’s failing to do so. Jefferson creates his separation by his great route running, he knows how to use leverage 

45 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

That's a flawed argument, hes not exactly playing with Joe Burrow out there. I'd venture to guess DeAndre Hopkins has a fairly high contested catch situation over his career. I'd venture to guess guys like Chris Godwin, Mike Evans, Dez Bryant, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, Allen Robinson, Alshon Jefferey, Mushin Muhammad, Brandon Marshall, among many others had higher than average catch percentages throughout their careers.

Also Jefferson was playing mostly against smaller, slot corners who arent pressing at the line and was playing with a QB who was throwing guys wide open and had the best throwing season college football has ever seen. If you think that doesnt play into it your crazy. 

Also Nelly last year had a ton of situations where he wasnt contested. It's only a part of it. Mims showed the ability to run routes and get open at the senior bowl.  You're using a stat that's not solely on Mims. Id love to see what Allen Robinson's was at Penn State with Hackenbum throwing him the football. If you would've cited his drop percentage (still lower than the 10% threshold, much higher than Reagor who everyone seems to love) fine, wanna cite thebasic offense he played in? Fine even though he showed at the senior bowl hes gotmroute running chops. I've seen him get separation plenty of times and his QB was late getting him the football causing it to be contested.

You can gameplan slot receivers open, sure some are great and elite but we'll more likely see an undrafted slot guy become an all pro rather than an outside guy, because outside guys HAVE to make contest catches at a higher rate save for guys like DeSean and Tyreek Hill because they can just fly.

3 minutes ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

That's a flawed argument, hes not exactly playing with Joe Burrow out there. I'd venture to guess DeAndre Hopkins has a fairly high contested catch situation over his career. I'd venture to guess guys like Chris Godwin, Mike Evans, Dez Bryant, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, Allen Robinson, Alshon Jefferey, Mushin Muhammad, Brandon Marshall, among many others had higher than average catch percentages throughout their careers.

Also Jefferson was playing mostly against smaller, slot corners who arent pressing at the line and was playing with a QB who was throwing guys wide open and had the best throwing season college football has ever seen. If you think that doesnt play into it your crazy. 

Also Nelly last year had a ton of situations where he wasnt contested. It's only a part of it. Mims showed the ability to run routes and get open at the senior bowl.  You're using a stat that's not solely on Mims. Id love to see what Allen Robinson's was at Penn State with Hackenbum throwing him the football. If you would've cited his drop percentage (still lower than the 10% threshold, much higher than Reagor who everyone seems to love) fine, wanna cite thebasic offense he played in? Fine even though he showed at the senior bowl hes gotmroute running chops. I've seen him get separation plenty of times and his QB was late getting him the football causing it to be contested.

You can gameplan slot receivers open, sure some are great and elite but we'll more likely see an undrafted slot guy become an all pro rather than an outside guy, because outside guys HAVE to make contest catches at a higher rate save for guys like DeSean and Tyreek Hill because they can just fly.

I will bet any of the top wideouts didn’t have near a 30% contested rate in the nfl. that’s absurd and not someone you want. You want someone who can consistently get open, not someone who can’t separate which has been an issue on our team...

Edited by DeSean Jackson

2 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Mims ran a go route 25% of the time, and hitch route 20% of the time, he ran the comeback route 0% the rest is filled with out route, in route, crossers slants and posts. Mims 30% contested rate shows he can’t get separation. On breaking routes, he should be getting separation, and he’s failing to do so. Jefferson creates his separation by his great route running, he knows how to use leverage 

https://phillysportsnetwork.com/2020/03/10/21p/

Lol I found 2 gifs in the same post about separation where he gets plenty only to have a throw be late or poor causing the contested catch. Literally the first thing I looked at

1 minute ago, DeSean Jackson said:

I can watch any game or clips of Mims and see that isn't true.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

I will bet any of the top wideouts didn’t have near a 30% contested rate in the nfl. that’s absurd and not someone you want. You want someone who can consistently get open, not someone who can’t separate which has been an issue on our team...

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-ranking-the-nfls-top-receivers-in-contested-catch-situations

Per this in 2018 Chris Godwin had AT LEAST 30 contested catch situations and he had 95 targets. That's higher than 30%  (32%) . The 2019 situations havent been released., but that same season Allen Robinson had one at 26%. Hopkins was at 26% despite playing with a top 10 QB, AJ Green had one at 27%, Golladay's was 25%. I'm sure there are more but I dont have access to those numbers. I did the math on percentages based on their targets from pro football reference.

2 minutes ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-ranking-the-nfls-top-receivers-in-contested-catch-situations

Per this in 2018 Chris Godwin had AT LEAST 30 contested catch situations and he had 95 targets. That's higher than 30%  (32%) . The 2019 situations havent been released., but that same season Allen Robinson had one at 26%. Hopkins was at 26% despite playing with a top 10 QB, AJ Green had one at 27%, Golladay's was 25%. I'm sure there are more but I dont have access to those numbers. I did the math on percentages based on their targets from pro football reference.

And you realize, that’s at a PRO level and not college.... you expect 30% to improve on a harder level then what Baylor played?