> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

5 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

right. The team will need to get rid of ertz before he can really show any real value. 

The same goes for Goedert.. If we draft Jefferson, then we better trade Ertz for Bobby Wagner or something. If we trade Ertz, then Goedert and Jefferson are probably both around 800 yards. Ertz and our 2nd for OJ Howard and TB's 2nd and 4th? 

Edited by Jeezla

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

The same goes for Goedert.. If we draft Jefferson, then we better trade Ertz for Bobby Wagner or something. If we trade Ertz, then Goedert and Jefferson are probably both around 800 yards. Ertz and our 2nd for OJ Howard and TB's 2nd and 4th? 

Yep

I don't want less of this.... we didn't burn a 2nd round pick on him to just sit on the bench smh

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yep

I don't want less of this.... we didn't burn a 2nd round pick on him to just sit on the bench smh

He still plays around 75% of the snaps, iirc, it's just that he's mostly a decoy or an extra blocker.

I've been pro trade Ertz since last year. We probably could have got a 1st at the time. Now we might be able to get a 2nd. Next year he's probably a 3rd

Edited by Jeezla

16 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

He still plays around 75% of the snaps, iirc, it's just that he's mostly a decoy or an extra blocker.

I've been pro trade Ertz since last year. We probably could have got a 1st at the time. Now we might be able to get a 2nd. Next year he's probably a 3rd

I feel you but what if Goedert gets hurt? That would suck and this isn't a good TE class.

Seems like the Eagles want to extend Ertz and to me it just doesn't make sense.

His contract expires at the same time as Goedert. Just let him play out his deal and get another big deal somewhere and re-sign Goedert.

Like he'll be 31 in 2022 and Goedert will be 27 and still in his prime??

It would suck to see Zach go, but it would be the perfect time and with Goedert more than ready to be TE1.

13 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I feel you but what if Goedert gets hurt? That would suck and this isn't a good TE class.

Seems like the Eagles want to extend Ertz and to me it just doesn't make sense.

His contract expires at the same time as Goedert. Just let him play out his deal and get another big deal somewhere and re-sign Goedert.

Like he'll be 31 in 2022 and Goedert will be 27 and still in his prime??

It would suck to see Zach go, but it would be the perfect time and with Goedert more than ready to be TE1.

If Goedert got hurt we'd still have Jefferson working the middle of the field.

What if Goedert got hurt? What if Wentz got hurt? If we're playing the what if game, then we better draft a QB in the 1st. Realistically if we traded Ertz and then Goedert got hurt, we trade in-season for an average vet TE. Or we do nothing if we're playing terrible, then draft another TE in a years time.

Again, I'm only saying we trade Ertz IF we draft Jefferson specifically. Or if we use him to move up into the top 12.

If we stay at 21 and take Reagor or Mims, then we should keep Ertz, unless we can get a stud 3-down LB straight up for him.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2

Thank you. If we want to run 2 TE sets having both Goedert and Ertz, then there's very little reason to do much with the Slot WR position. You can't realistically run 2 TEs and a slot WR with any consistency and hope to have an effective offense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Thank you. If we want to run 2 TE sets having both Goedert and Ertz, then there's very little reason to do much with the Slot WR position. You can't realistically run 2 TEs and a slot WR with any consistency and hope to have an effective offense.

Its literally illegal to run 12 personnel with a slot receiver so I dint get people who want to keep Ertz, Goederdt, and draft Jefferson 

Edited by EaglesFan5-36-81

12 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

none of us want to draft jefferson 

Which means not only are we drafting him, but we're going to trade up to #16 to do it, under the false impression that the Cowboys are targeting him.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Now, we’re coming around. Trade a TE, fill a void. Simple. 

Drafting Jefferson doesnt fill any void though. He is redundant in the offense and you would have to move things around to play up to his strengths.

So it's spending a first round pick, not getting one back so that your slot receiver is a wide receiver instead of a tight end. 

Benefits? 8 year younger slot receiver. maybe a yard more per reception IF jefferson lives up to his hype.

Losses? The drop off in value of spending pick 21 to what you can recoup for trading ertz. The risk of replacing a sure thing with an unknown. 

What will happen if we draft jefferson however is the eagles will keep both tight ends and then the coaches will be confused how to use him like they were with golden tate. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Which means not only are we drafting him, but we're going to trade up to #16 to do it, under the false impression that the Cowboys are targeting him.

I'm preparing myself for the disappointment. Still have hopes on trade down and draft ruiz. 

Just now, ninjapirate said:

I'm preparing myself for the disappointment. Still have hopes on trade down and draft ruiz. 

You're hoping we take a guy who sits for a year? We just did that with Dillard. I need instant impact in round 1.

• Like 1