2020 Draft Talk

swede700

13 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I agree Amik is awesome and would be great in the late 2nd or better yet 3rd round, kid can ball.

PS Public service announcement, John Randle A Football Life is on NFL Network today at 9, should be a must watch.  

I would love the Vikings to double up at corner; grab someone like Amik and then grab a bigger, longer, boundary corner. 

if Trevon wasn’t Stefon’s brother, would you be interested in him for the Vikings?

8 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

I would love the Vikings to double up at corner; grab someone like Amik and then grab a bigger, longer, boundary corner. 

if Trevon wasn’t Stefon’s brother, would you be interested in him for the Vikings?

I wouldn’t hold Stefon against Trevon, if he’s the best option at CB. I’d assume if Stefon was a good person or a good big brother, he’d be happy for Trevon.

Edited by vikingsrule

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-2020-the-10-most-likely-first-round-trade-scenarios-what-it-could-cost-to-acquire-tua-tagovailoa/

cbs posted a trade scenario stating rumors are Vikings plan to move around a bit. This scenario is 22 to the Ravens for 28 and 92 (3rd rounder).

this makes sense on the value chart. For day 1 and 2, this would net them

25, 28, 58, 89, 92 and 104. 

you can fill a lot of needs here. 

Edited by battle2heaven

1 minute ago, battle2heaven said:

Yes who wouldn't, granted Trevon on Alabama looking back it is not like he was one of the best corners they have ever had, and they have had some good ones.  He is great in coverage and in space but he is not that great of a tackler at all.  Seems to be afraid of contact and getting physical play in and play out and that is a problem, also does not have a ton of playing experience overall at the position and has been hurt at times.  But basically with Digg's brother, how would they bring him in with all they went through with Stefon with the attitude problems.  Would make little sense to bring in his bro.

Jags  I think are on the clock and should be taking Jefferson or a CB like Terrell or Diggs.  If they do not take a CB that would be great for the Vikings.

Just now, battle2heaven said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-2020-the-10-most-likely-first-round-trade-scenarios-what-it-could-cost-to-acquire-tua-tagovailoa/

cbs posted a trade scenario stating rumors are Vikings plan to move around a bit. This scenario is 22 to the Ravens for 28 and 92 (3rd rounder).

this makes sense on the value chart. This would net them

25, 28, 58, 89, 92 and 104. 

you can fill a lot of needs here. 

Yeah I would do that in real life, but would miss out on YGM or Epenesa which is arguably two of the better defensive players we could possibly get.  And in real life we do not have Chris Jones so having a great DL is very important to go with Hunter.  

Just now, vikingsrule said:

I wouldn’t hold Stefon against Trevon, if he’s the best option at CB. I’d assume if Stefon was a good person or a good big brother, he’d be happy for Trevon.

I would hold Stefon against his brother Trevon.  If you had problems with one you probably will with the other.  Imagine all the smack Stefon has been talking about the Vikings team to his brother over this past year if he talks the smack out in the open on social media for all to see, hear and talk about.  Diggs is good but is not better than AJ Terrell or Jeff Gladney.  Diggs is probably better than Fulton or Bryce Hall but those two would not be 1st round picks most likely anyway.

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Yes who wouldn't, granted Trevon on Alabama looking back it is not like he was one of the best corners they have ever had, and they have had some good ones.  He is great in coverage and in space but he is not that great of a tackler at all.  Seems to be afraid of contact and getting physical play in and play out and that is a problem, also does not have a ton of playing experience overall at the position and has been hurt at times.  But basically with Digg's brother, how would they bring him in with all they went through with Stefon with the attitude problems.  Would make little sense to bring in his bro.

Jags  I think are on the clock and should be taking Jefferson or a CB like Terrell or Diggs.  If they do not take a CB that would be great for the Vikings.

I go back and forth a lot on Trevon. I really wish we had some testing numbers for him just to see if he meets the Vikings athletic thresholds. I love his length. I love his ball skills. He disrupts well at the LOS during press. He’s elite in contested catch situations and playable against deep throws. I’m sure the Vikings will do their homework but they have to be convinced Trevon won’t hold any grudges with what happened with his brother. 

7 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

I go back and forth a lot on Trevon. I really wish we had some testing numbers for him just to see if he meets the Vikings athletic thresholds. I love his length. I love his ball skills. He disrupts well at the LOS during press. He’s elite in contested catch situations and playable against deep throws. I’m sure the Vikings will do their homework but they have to be convinced Trevon won’t hold any grudges with what happened with his brother. 

Agree, those numbers and lack of pro day numbers will hurt him and many others, all these guys have no real numbers because they did not run at the combine and do most of the tests.  And clearly never had a chance at the pro day because there as not one for them before it all shut down.

Chase Young
Javon Kinlaw
KLavon Chaisson
Grant Delpit
Curtis Weaver
Josh Uche
JK Dobbins
Lynn Bowden
Trevon Diggs
Troy Dye
Bryan Edwards
KJ Hamler
Lucas Niang
Thaddeus Moss
Tyler Biadasz
Prince Tega Wanogho
Trystan Colon-Castillo
Julian Okwara
Bryce Hall
Khalid Kareem
Ben Bredeson
Jacob Breeland
Lavert Hill
Robert Hunt
Solomon Kindley
Amik Robertson
Anfernee Jennings
Collin Johnson
Darrell Taylor
Tyler Johnson
Lawrence Cager
Ashtyn Davis
Van Jefferson
Mike Onwenu
Netane Muti
Sean McKeon
Kamal Marin
Jordan Mack
Terrell Lewis
Michael Pinckney
Akeem Gaither-Davis
Shyheim Carter
Markus Bailey
Ben Bartch
Trevis Gipson
Julian Blackmon
Mike Warren
Brandon Jones
Darrell Stewart

50 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

You also have to remember that Trevon was somewhat complicit in Stefon’s departure. 

Remember last year that it was Trevon who kept tweeting pictures of Stefon in a Redskins uniform, and kept retweeting trade rumors. It was also his Arizona Cardinals workout gear that Stefon wore in a video before his trade. 

I can’t say I’m interested in bringing him into the locker room. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

If you like a player and don’t think he’ll be available at 58, then 25 isn’t too early. 

True.

Ideally i'd like to see a trade up from 22 for kinlaw (probably using our 2 or 3), a trade back to early-ish second from 25 (hopefully getting a decent 3 in return)...then use that pick for Cleveland or another OT.  Then next pick go CB Then the next 3 go WR , OG, and DE (some athlete without production in college i assume) in a bpa order.  Also throw in 6th/7th where needed...i doubt we draft 12 people.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Heavydan85 said:

the more i read on Ezra Cleveland, the more I am positive he'll be a viking...above average athlete? check. Olineman needing to add strength, but otherwise sounds good? check. 

Yeah I'm liking Ezra Cleveland too...he posted a 9.92 althetic score. However I don't believe hes a day 1 starter. Unless we trade down with one with one of our draft picks he might be considered a slight reach.