Higgins

sonny44

2 hours ago, Tomahawk said:

Unless he plays for vet minimum, I really don't see any way in which we do.   There will be $30 million tied up between OBJ, Landry, and Callaway.  The top 3 WRs.  They aren't going to pay more than 2-3 mill for a rotational player.  If he plays well this year, he will likely be in line for a 6-8 mill a year contract elsewhere.  

As it stood at the end of last year Higgins would be over Callaway. Callaway still has a bunch of developing to do. But yes I agree it’ll be tough.

16 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

Hollywood needs to sign on. 2nd most reliable catcher in the WR room 

I just dont think he will be able to afford him. 

If she has a big year 700 yards and 6 tds as a 3rd or 4th wr he could get around sterling shepard money on the fa market. 4 years 38 million.

33 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If she has a big year 700 yards and 6 tds as a 3rd or 4th wr he could get around sterling shepard money on the fa market. 4 years 38 million.

Would we get a compensatory pick for that?

56 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Would we get a compensatory pick for that?

Assuming we dont buy too ma y player I think we would late though. Maybe a 6th or 7th.

I'm talking out my butt a bit though. 

It would be a bad time to let some guys walk though because we cant kerp all of this team together. 

Tretter, higgins, randall, schobert, robinson, could get us a couple of 3s or 4s and a few of lates as well. If Robinson is a probowler and looks improved that could be a real win.

I think Callaway is our #4 while Higgins is the #2. Well, technically the #2 outside WR. I think our 3 WR sets will look like this:

X: OBJ

Z: Higgins

Slot: Landry

Y/TE/H: Njoku

RB: Chubb Johnson Hunt

Callaway and Higgins will split time as the outside WR opposite Beckham all season long. Both are more than capable of filling that role. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Higgins is Male, last I knew. Who knows nowadays though. Can’t ever be sure. 

Yeah if Higgins gets starter WR money he’s gone. It would suck for us, but he ain’t worth that to us. 

Remember how easy it was to resign our players when we sucked?

7 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Higgins is Male, last I knew. Who knows nowadays though. Can’t ever be sure. 

Yeah if Higgins gets starter WR money he’s gone. It would suck for us, but he ain’t worth that to us. 

Remember how easy it was to resign our players when we sucked?

Since odell wore a dress I think Higgins is guna go the whole hog, and cut off the whole hog.

I dont think we can afford him at no. 3 money to be honest.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I think Callaway is our #4 while Higgins is the #2. Well, technically the #2 outside WR. I think our 3 WR sets will look like this:

Callaway and Higgins will split time as the outside WR opposite Beckham all season long. Both are more than capable of filling that role. 

I'd split snaps relatively evenly between higgins, Callaway and Juice. 

The difference between Callaway and higgins would be more situational than anything. 

I have seen odel take it to the house from the slot, the amount of attention he would draw their would be huge and would open it up for Callaway and or higgins on the outside.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I'd split snaps relatively evenly between higgins, Callaway and Juice. 

The difference between Callaway and higgins would be more situational than anything. 

I have seen odel take it to the house from the slot, the amount of attention he would draw their would be huge and would open it up for Callaway and or higgins on the outside.

If Freddie can put us in a position to take advantage of matchup advantages and Baker can execute we're going to create a lot of headaches for defenses. It may not be the greatest show on turf but we should be able to keep the chains moving. Wanna play dime against us, we'll see if you can stop Chubb. You certainly better not have a LB on Callaway or Landry, that won't turn out well for ya. Even Njoku for that matter.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

If Freddie can put us in a position to take advantage of matchup advantages and Baker can execute we're going to create a lot of headaches for defenses. It may not be the greatest show on turf but we should be able to keep the chains moving. Wanna play dime against us, we'll see if you can stop Chubb. You certainly better not have a LB on Callaway or Landry, that won't turn out well for ya. Even Njoku for that matter.

If our offense is intact for two years we should be gsot material.

Mahomes had a similar offense last year, good weapons and solid to average offensive line. 

Our team looks like that. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If our offense is intact for two years we should be gsot material.

Mahomes had a similar offense last year, good weapons and solid to average offensive line. 

Our team looks like that. 

It has the potential but that type of offense doesn't come around often. You'd think a team with a good offensive line, Ben, Bell, AB and etc... could approach the GSOT level but they scored 100 points less per season than those Rams. We'd have to average over 30 points per game to get on their level. Only 17 times has a team scored 500 points and the Rams did it 3 straight years. While I hope we can do that too I'm tempering my expectations to a 400 point season which is 25 points per game and anything more will be a bonus.

Than again, the Rams, Saints and Chiefs all scored 500 last season so why not, lets do it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Higgins had 483 snaps last year, Callaway had 765.  Callaway is clearly the faster of the two.  Sure Callaway dropped 5 passes.  But he was also thrown to almost twice as much as Higgins.  

I really don't see Higgins being anything more than semi-cheap depth this year.  Callaway is on a very team friendly rookie deal.  They want to see him take the leap this year, and he should have every opportunity to based on everything else that should be going on with the offense.  

I expect the front office is hoping Callaway can supplant Landry within the next couple of years. 

• Like 1