2019 Redskin rookie mini camp

20 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Has there ever been a rookie in mini camp that hasn't been crowned a superstar?

And they were all "steals " in the draft .. They shoulda been gone several rounds earlier or the first round picks and the ones that fell to round 2 should have gone much higher  !. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Haskins is the 1st offensive, 1st Rd pick we've selected in 3 drafts.

I think there's reason for the excitement. Specially, since he's QB.

I really hope it's all true, but everything until September is fluff for me. Everyone looks good in shorts.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I really hope it's all true, but everything until September is fluff for me. Everyone looks good in shorts.

Or at least until mid-August when the QBs have to accept that they can be hit by players again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Has there ever been a rookie in mini camp that hasn't been crowned a superstar?

2006 when McIntosh was our top.pick as a 2nd round pick.

That being said, this is going on around the league. We get jaded by it bc we are Redskins fans and one of worst run franchises in the NFL but every team does this.

Two things I learned from Minicamp
1.That the debate of draft about Qb was never about Haskins Jones or Locke it was Front Office wanting a QB and Jay wanting a Pass rusher.To me it easy in interviews that Jay knows they needed a pass rusher to have a chance to compete this year and him to keep his Job.

2.The Qb Job is prob Haskins to lose,Jay basically said if he mentally keeps up he has good chance to see the field,and I don't think Haskins has a prob there if anything he might have a headstart on Keenum with the Day-O'Connell connection

You learn nothing on the field in these camps as prob 1 out of every 5 or 6 players will ever be on training camp roster even less on a reg season rostet

• Like 1

On 5/12/2019 at 4:27 AM, turtle28 said:

Breeland struggling vs McLaurin. I love the sharp route running, speed and hands McLaurin is flashing. I’m really hoping he can be a faster version of Garcon for us. Look out Doc and Quinn.

Breeland?

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

1.That the debate of draft about Qb was never about Haskins Jones or Locke it was Front Office wanting a QB and Jay wanting a Pass rusher.To me it easy in interviews that Jay knows they needed a pass rusher to have a chance to compete this year and him to keep his Job.

Throwback thought: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA97kzai-Ew

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

2.The Qb Job is prob Haskins to lose,Jay basically said if he mentally keeps up he has good chance to see the field,and I don't think Haskins has a prob there if anything he might have a headstart on Keenum with the Day-O'Connell connection

Interesting ... I went the other direction on his comments. I thought he was trying to lower the expectations with the footwork/pressure comments.

• Like 1