Overwatch Mafia 2.0 - Game Over - The Six Stack Wins!!!

Whicker

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

Matts, you know, you could not artificially create confusion by performing a marginal amount of reading prior to posting whatever you happen to be “thinking.”

It creates discussion, discussion creates information to base reads on.

I like my style, so I appreciate your suggestions, but I'll pass on that.

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm certain I count as 2, though I'm town, so no biggie there. I took the help town over having fun option which I am very much regretting right now. 

Why were you certain?

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Why were you certain?

Because I have 2 votes every time I vote. I don't know what logical reason there would be for me not to count as 2 votes if that is the case. That wouldn't make any sense. 

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

I'm struggling with the fact that you are focusing on the safe lynch candidates as opposed to who you think is mafia? 

Sorry to hear you are struggling. Hope you can get past it.

Just now, Forge said:

Because I have 2 votes every time I vote. I don't know what logical reason there would be for me not to count as 2 votes if that is the case. That wouldn't make any sense. 

Let me rephrase the question. Was it an assumption, or had you already confirmed it with host?

I'm only going to be around for another hour or so and probably not going to be here at the deadline so unless someone wants to try to convince me to move now my vote will likely be staying on forge. I'll try to sneak onto my phone right before 8 but no guarantees.

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm also assuming that temporary power ups with regards to voting don't count toward holding the majority of votes? I would like clarification of that, @Whicker. If they hold the majority of voting for one day based on temporary power ups, that doesn't give them the win, does it? 

It's basically: For the remainder of the game, if the town votes 100% correctly, can they beat the scum if they vote 100% correctly?

20 minutes ago, Woz said:

Also, could Orisa boost Bastion? Would that give Bastion 4 or 2 (since the supercharger power says "have their votes carry a weight of 2")?

Orisa has no effect on Bastion 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Let me rephrase the question. Was it an assumption, or had you already confirmed it with host?

No, I hadn't confirmed with the host. It was an assumption based on the dynamics. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

It creates discussion, discussion creates information to base reads on.

I like my style, so I appreciate your suggestions, but I'll pass on that.

No, it artificially creates discussion of pointless alternatives for no reason.  You're basically saying "any discussion is good discussion," which lends itself to random hypotheticals that have the propensity to derail the game because you don't want to tether yourself with factual anchors.

31 minutes ago, Woz said:

Also, could Orisa boost Bastion? Would that give Bastion 4 or 2 (since the supercharger power says "have their votes carry a weight of 2")?

Ooh, can Orissa boost me, give me six votes!? Or three votes that count 2x!?

I want to say seeking endless clarifications on roles seems like artificial contributions, but I know you all tend to attempt to extricate every bit of information from the host as possible.

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

No, it artificially creates discussion of pointless alternatives for no reason.  You're basically saying "any discussion is good discussion," which lends itself to random hypotheticals that have the propensity to derail the game because you don't want to tether yourself with factual anchors.

Okay. You're allowed to think whatever you want. bottom line is I'm not changing my style, so you can get over it, ignore it, or waste your energy crying about it

5 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I'm only going to be around for another hour or so and probably not going to be here at the deadline so unless someone wants to try to convince me to move now my vote will likely be staying on forge. I'll try to sneak onto my phone right before 8 but no guarantees.

I do feel like you have a weird tunneling going on right now. Curious about that. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Okay. You're allowed to think whatever you want. bottom line is I'm not changing my style, so you can get over it, ignore it, or waste your energy crying about it

Your style is repeating non-factual information as the premise to build upon for the point of discussion.  

I’m not telling you to change.  Just you would think you recognize how this is an incredulous stance to take as “your style” given your unhinged, inaccurate rantings about me.

Archived