OTA/Mini-camp Thread

ReggieCamp

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Rashard Higgins stepping up on 3rd down time and time again last year was one of the highlights of last season for me. As long as he’s in a consistent rotation with our other 3 studs, I’ll be happy. 

He will never be a 1000 yard guy, but he can be a Joe Jurevicius type.

He has a great rapport with Baker and it’s gonna make him a lot of money next offseason.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Rashard Higgins stepping up on 3rd down time and time again last year was one of the highlights of last season for me. As long as he’s in a consistent rotation with our other 3 studs, I’ll be happy. 

He will never be a 1000 yard guy, but he can be a Joe Jurevicius type.

He has a great rapport with Baker and it’s gonna make him a lot of money next offseason.

I really see him being the #3 guy based off of that consistency and connection he has with Baker. 

I think they said that Callaway is learning the same position as OBJ. Eventually OBJ will learn all the WR positions. I would eventually want Callaway to do the same. I would love to see OBJ Jarvis and a Higgins being the top 3 and Callaway rotates in for them, so our top 4 guys are always fresh. Which should work cause Freddie has shown he loves to use his TEs. 

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

I really see him being the #3 guy based off of that consistency and connection he has with Baker. 

I think they said that Callaway is learning the same position as OBJ. Eventually OBJ will learn all the WR positions. I would eventually want Callaway to do the same. I would love to see OBJ Jarvis and a Higgins being the top 3 and Callaway rotates in for them, so our top 4 guys are always fresh. Which should work cause Freddie has shown he loves to use his TEs. 

I really don’t know what to expect.

OBJ is clearly the most talented and could put up 2k yards with Baker, but he won’t get nearly enough touches to do so.

Calloway is probably the next most talented, but he’s also young.  I could see him really shining this year and looking like a stud just as easily as being cemented as the 4th WR and getting minimal targets.  I still think he’s too good to be left 1:1 with 2nd/3rd corners.

Juice is great at what he does, but he’s somewhat limited. He’s gonna have a lot of space to work with though.

Higgins does the little things, runs routes, etc.  I don’t think he puts up huge numbers, but he’ll make a lot of timely plays.

Njoku is another one who likely won’t put up the numbers he could in a different situation just due to the mouths to feed.

21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I really don’t know what to expect.

OBJ is clearly the most talented and could put up 2k yards with Baker, but he won’t get nearly enough touches to do so.

Calloway is probably the next most talented, but he’s also young.  I could see him really shining this year and looking like a stud just as easily as being cemented as the 4th WR and getting minimal targets.  I still think he’s too good to be left 1:1 with 2nd/3rd corners.

Juice is great at what he does, but he’s somewhat limited. He’s gonna have a lot of space to work with though.

Higgins does the little things, runs routes, etc.  I don’t think he puts up huge numbers, but he’ll make a lot of timely plays.

Njoku is another one who likely won’t put up the numbers he could in a different situation just due to the mouths to feed.

Like OBJ said, he doesn’t care what he puts up, he just wants to win. He knows he will put up numbers cause that’s his job. I think if we have OBJ Jarvis and Baker all preaching about winning The WR group should fall in line cause easily all 4 guys should be  at least 1000yard 5TD guys. I feel like OBJ will be the only guy who goes over 1000yards. I feel like between Jarvis Higgins Calloway Njoku Chubb Hunt and duke it is going to be tough for them. I’m basing that off the idea that Baker only throws for around 4500 yards. I would say more but I feel like the rushing attack could be monstrous as well. That we will have some games where Baker goes off and every WR gets in the act, some games where the rushing attack goes off. 

I feel like our WRs will put up some TD numbers. I just don’t think they will all have huge yardage numbers tho except for OBJ

I really dont see anyone cracking 1,500 yards at most.  5,000 passing yards will be possible.  However they are ostensibly learning a new offense, they have a whole new dynamic to get used to.  It's going to take 2-3 games to get fluid.  After that they will make adjustments, as well as scheme different players for different teams. 

This offense should definitely light it up.  But I don't see any one player beyond Baker being a focal point.

Just now, Tomahawk said:

I really dont see anyone cracking 1,500 yards at most.  5,000 passing yards will be possible.  However they are ostensibly learning a new offense, they have a whole new dynamic to get used to.  It's going to take 2-3 games to get fluid.  After that they will make adjustments, as well as scheme different players for different teams. 

This offense should definitely light it up.  But I don't see any one player beyond Baker being a focal point.

A lot of our passing production will be linked to our defense as well.

If our defense is as good as we hope, I can see a lot of 4th quarters where Chubb, Duke and Hunt are grinding out yards.

I think our passing game will be very efficient, but I’d be surprised at huge individual numbers outside of Baker, who won’t put up anything near what Mahomes did last year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d be surprised at huge individual numbers outside of Baker, who won’t put up anything near what Mahomes did last year.

Unless of course Freddie learns from our past mistakes.  We lost a lot of games over the years from taking our foot off the gas and trying to burn clock while teams make a come back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

Unless of course Freddie learns from our past mistakes.  We lost a lot of games over the years from taking our foot off the gas and trying to burn clock while teams make a come back.

I don’t mean run 3x and punt, but rather be more conservative and rack up some long, clock killing drives that still result in points.

1 hour ago, Tomahawk said:

5000? Not with our running game.😀

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
1 hour ago, Tomahawk said:

I don’t mean run 3x and punt, but rather be more conservative and rack up some long, clock killing drives that still result in points.

Freddie talks about keeping the offense going but we really didn't see that. He wasn't the head coach so maybe Greg influenced him but in the Falcons game and both Bengal games Baker took a back seat in the offense and defenses seemed to focus on the running game and we didn't put up many points and the games ended up looking somewhat close even though we had big leads.

1 hour ago, sonny44 said:

5000? Not with our running game.😀

Why not?  You think we are cracking 2500 yards rushing?

2013 Bronco's had less talent and put up 5400+ passing yards and 1800+ rushing yards.

Mahomes put up 5k+ last year with 1800+ rushing.

Again,  said its "possible", not that it WILL happen. 

17 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

Why not?  You think we are cracking 2500 yards rushing?

2013 Bronco's had less talent and put up 5400+ passing yards and 1800+ rushing yards.

Yeah it’s definitely possible.

To me it’s more dependent on the defense. If we are as smothering in the pass game as I think we can be, we’re gonna be killing the clock a lot.

37 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

Why not?  You think we are cracking 2500 yards rushing?

Agree, possible.

Bernie always said the the key to winning in the NFL is being able to run the ball in the 4th quarter.