2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Because he’s weird.

If he had already told the Lakers he was going there it’d be reported. You don’t not report something like this over “minor details”. Kawhi might be a Laker in a few days but the rumors that it’s official are total BS. It’s dudes taking a stab at something that’s a 50/50 toss up so they can say “See! I said it first!”

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Let's not go down this road.

I gave him permission to post what he wants I didn’t have to but it was big of me and I’ll move on. 

Seriously aside from the actual guys Woj, Shams, Rapsheet, Shefty, etc. The guys that actual have connections and report things 99% of sports media is taking educated guesses and swings based on second, third, fourth-hand knowledge that isn’t privy to the general public yet. 

Look at the year long Kawhi pattern. He wants to go to LA. He probably wants to go to the Lakers oh wait the Lakers got LeBron he probably wants to go to the clippers. Oh wait he got traded to Toronto. He won’t even report. Middle middle middle he wins a ring but he’s still going to the clippers oh wait he might actually go to the Lakers. People simply don’t know and are making educated guesses LIS. There are literally 3 options pick the one you think is most likely ride that stance into the ground and if your right you look like a genius. 

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

If he had already told the Lakers he was going there it’d be reported. You don’t not report something like this over “minor details”. Kawhi might be a Laker in a few days but the rumors that it’s official are total BS. It’s dudes taking a stab at something that’s a 50/50 toss up so they can say “See! I said it first!”

It wouldn’t surprise me if Kawhi hasn’t even met with anyone yet 

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

I dont even think its that. That implies nefarious and/or dubious intent that I dont think exists.

None of these people are part of the decision making process. None of them are influencing anything other than (possibly) public opinion.

We're talking about people who are IN DEMAND to be on the airwaves and PAID to produce commentary and/or opinion.
It wouldnt be too compelling if they came on to say: "Nobody knows whats going on so having me on is a waste of time"

What else is it then? One reporter said he is hearing Kawhi to Lakers is gaining traction and then literally every other media member started saying it as well. Chris Bousard said that his sources told him Kawhi would be a Laker last night. Again, they're all just guessing and hoping that they get it right. 

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Have we heard of any official meetings? Just a bunch of rumors right?

Supposedly Kendrick Perkins mentioned that they were meeting with Kawhi last night, so by logic of deduction it seems likely that the next visit would be with the Raptors.

Just now, NYRaider said:

What else is it then? One reporter said he is hearing Kawhi to Lakers is gaining traction and then literally every other media member started saying it as well. Chris Bousard said that his sources told him Kawhi would be a Laker last night. Again, they're all just guessing and hoping that they get it right. 

Is it not possible that he committed to the Lakers, but wanted to keep it under wraps until he was able to inform Masai Ujiri in person?  Is that not totally feasible?  I mean, it happened a few years ago when Boston signed Gordon Hayward.  It leaked before Gordon Hayward had an opportunity to tell the Jazz he was leaving.

5 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Exactly. If he already committed to the Lakers it would've leaked out by now. I genuinely don't think he has informed anyone of his decision either way. Windhorst said he still believes he's going to sign with the Clippers but he's just guessing.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Is it not possible that he committed to the Lakers, but wanted to keep it under wraps until he was able to inform Masai Ujiri in person?  Is that not totally feasible?  I mean, it happened a few years ago when Boston signed Gordon Hayward.  It leaked before Gordon Hayward had an opportunity to tell the Jazz he was leaving.

Do you really think that if he committed to the Lakers it wouldn't have leaked yet? Details from his rumored meeting with Magic leaked 10 minutes after it happened. 

6 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

I gave him permission to post what he wants I didn’t have to but it was big of me and I’ll move on. 

Seriously aside from the actual guys Woj, Shams, Rapsheet, Shefty, etc. The guys that actual have connections and report things 99% of sports media is taking educated guesses and swings based on second, third, fourth-hand knowledge that isn’t privy to the general public yet. 

Look at the year long Kawhi pattern. He wants to go to LA. He probably wants to go to the Lakers oh wait the Lakers got LeBron he probably wants to go to the clippers. Oh wait he got traded to Toronto. He won’t even report. Middle middle middle he wins a ring but he’s still going to the clippers oh wait he might actually go to the Lakers. People simply don’t know and are making educated guesses LIS. There are literally 3 options pick the one you think is most likely ride that stance into the ground and if your right you look like a genius. 

The issue is telling him what he can and can't post.  You don't have to read what he posts, and there's always the ignore feature at your disposal.

I'm not sure anyone is trying to imply that Broussard is this overly informed talking head.  As easy as it is to dump on guys like Broussard and SAS, they do have some sources.  Not great sources, but some sources.  Nobody knows what Kawhi is doing.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Do you really think that if he committed to the Lakers it wouldn't have leaked yet? Details from his rumored meeting with Magic leaked 10 minutes after it happened. 

Or perhaps the media is speculating like it has been the ENTIRE offseason?  No, that's out of the realm of possibilities.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Nobody knows what Kawhi is doing.

And they look foolish by acting like they know and making false claims. Stephen A said that Kawhi/Jimmy to LAC was gaining traction and then a couple hours later Jimmy was in Miami. Boussard said there was a 95% chance Kawhi would be a Laker last night lol.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Or perhaps the media is speculating like it has been the ENTIRE offseason?  No, that's out of the realm of possibilities.

Speculating and making blatantly false claims and praying they stick are two different things. SAS, Bousard, etc are entertainers. Shams, Woj, Windhorst, etc are actual insiders getting information from teams. 

Archived