2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

No one wants to live in Boston dude lol. Living in Mass? Wow what glamour. Boston got Hayward and Horford because we sold them on our recent success/front office. 

Even if you want to say it had something to do with being one of the most successful franchises. That’s a fair point, has nothing to do with what I’m saying though lol. Pelinka didn’t attract Lebron, Jeanie Buss didn’t attract Lebron. That city did and the “Laker” brand 

How does it have nothing to do with what you’re saying?  You’re being a hypocrite. Not recognizing that the storied history argument goes both ways. If it comes down to the city, why haven’t more free agents historically chosen the Clippers over the Lakers?  And why were the Lakers so much worse at recruiting players under Jim Buss than under Jeanie?

11 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

I guess I’m hoping for that too. Something short and simple I’ll take the 1 + 1 or 2 + 1 and lets give this a go. Either way. 

Honestly I have no particular lean right now. I don’t know what to believe maybe nothing from all the reports. 

I don't see him staying in Toronto more than two years even if he re-signs, but that's fine. Sign a three year deal with an opt out in year 3. After that go to the Lakers or Clippers or where ever the hell he wants to go but make sure it is after 10 years in the league so he can get even more money on his max. 

8 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

yeah you clearly don't know what you are talking about.  this rockets fan sure doesn't.

LIS, may not apply to you but you're crazy if you don't think many Rockets fans think that way. Your damn social media team account posted a butt hurt post right after Giannis got the MVP. Gave a little fake congratulation to Giannis and then went on a 10 post rant on why Harden should have been the MVP. 

5 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

How does it have nothing to do with what you’re saying?  You’re being a hypocrite. Not recognizing that the storied history argument goes both ways. If it comes down to the city, why haven’t more free agents historically chosen the Clippers over the Lakers?  And why were the Lakers so much worse at recruiting players under Jim Buss than under Jeanie?

The Lakers are THE team that dudes grew up wanting to play on. The LA glamour, the historic franchise, the big name in the league.

Again, I could’ve signed Lebron to the Lakers. It took them zero effort, he wanted to go there. After he went there AD followed suit. If AD hadn’t demanded his way to LA he’d be in Boston right now.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't see him staying in Toronto more than two years even if he re-signs, but that's fine. Sign a three year deal with an opt out in year 3. After that go to the Lakers or Clippers or where ever the hell he wants to go but make sure it is after 10 years in the league so he can get even more money on his max. 

Oh yea 1 + 1 is what I expect but think 2 + 1 makes a ton of sense too as it’s in line with his service time pay raise. Give TO a year extra of security and we can attempt a big splashy move knowing exactly what our window is. 

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

The Lakers are THE team that dudes grew up wanting to play on. The LA glamour, the historic franchise, the big name in the league.

Again, I could’ve signed Lebron to the Lakers. It took them zero effort, he wanted to go there. After he went there AD followed suit. If AD hadn’t demanded his way to LA he’d be in Boston right now.

Again, why didn't any big name players want to play for the Lakers when Jim Buss was at the helm?

9 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Again, why didn't any big name players want to play for the Lakers when Jim Buss was at the helm?

The 4 years of disaster under Jim Buss? Couldn’t tell you. He did manage to line up deals for some superstars though. CP3 got nixed, Howard got treated like dirt and couldn’t handle Kobe/LA. Also, could’ve had Paul George but the terrible ownership pulled the “well just wait and sign him” instead of giving up an asset to lock him down.

Like do Lakers fans actually think Lebron signed there because of the front office? Y’all can’t be that delusional right?

23 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Deep down I guess I still believe Raptors, Clippers, Lakers in that order although a week ago I’d have said 60% Toronto, 30% Clippers, 10% Lakers or something like that I think it’s about 40% Toronto, 30% Clippers, 30% Lakers. 

This really makes me think it's more like 90% he signs somewhere in LA

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

The 4 years of disaster under Jim Buss? Couldn’t tell you. He did manage to line up deals for some superstars though. CP3 got nixed, Howard got treated like dirt and couldn’t handle Kobe/LA. 

Like do Lakers fans actually think Lebron signed there because of the front office? Y’all can’t be that delusional right?

The disrespect... Jerry Buss was still alive for these deals

Also, Kawhi demanded a trade to the Lakers soon after Jim Buss ceded control to Jeanie.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

And he’d save Triple that signing in Houston. I don’t think guys care all that much.

? Houston’s not an option

And guys don’t care about money?  Weren’t you just calling Lakers fans delusional?

Archived