2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

Just now, dtait93 said:

Kawhi supposedly making a decision tomorrow, July 4th. The Clippers colors? Red, white, and blue. I cracked the code, thank me later.

Would be pretty harsh if he chose Canada on the 4th of July.  

Just now, dtait93 said:

Kawhi supposedly making a decision tomorrow, July 4th. The Clippers colors? Red, white, and blue. I cracked the code, thank me later.

Yes but when something is awesome, they often call it the gold standard. Some people think the next level above that is the purple and gold standard. 

1 minute ago, FinSting said:

Yes but when something is awesome, they often call it the gold standard. Some people think the next level above that is the purple and gold standard. 

That’s a stretch 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Because Woj told you that the Lakers didn't understand the cap ramifications of the trade?  So you're telling me Woj whose is getting his news second is more accurate than a guy who was a former agent for NBA players ALONG with a capologist that is specifically paid to make sure that they understand the CBA.  That doesn't even pass the common sense test.

This is getting sad.

That was literally an article that was meant for clicks.  Nobody cares if the Memphis Grizzles are dysfunctional, but it's big news when it's the Lakers.  Which is more proof that you can't read everything that ESPN puts out there.  They sold out for clicks a few years ago.

317.gif

Because Woj told you that the Lakers didn't understand the cap ramifications of the trade?  So you're telling me Woj whose is getting his news second is more accurate than a guy who was a former agent for NBA players ALONG with a capologist that is specifically paid to make sure that they understand the CBA.  That doesn't even pass the common sense test.

So why didn't they get the Pelicans to agree to do the trade on the 30th?

They put themselves in a position where they HAD to trade those 3 young guys for nothing.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

The Clippers are probably out of the picture right now.

IF they were able to get another Super Star there, then I think Kawhi would have considered them, but they struck out on that front. Everyone is overthinking this all. For most players it's not about the front office, or history, or tradition, or any of that s***. It's all about how good the team is that they'd be going to and whether they can play with players they think give them the best shot to win. And for some players, location also factors in. 

I'm not sure KL cares about who else is there. 

31 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Not everyone wants to play with lebron and his lebron centered offense 

There were numerous reports dating back to last summer that Kawhi wasn't interested in playing with LeBron. 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

True, but that's before they landed Davis.

What does that have to do with anything? He'd still have to play with LeBron... Supposedly the Lakers pitch was "if you come to LA, this will be your team in 2 years." So you're asking the best player in the league to come play 3rd fiddle to Rich Paul's clients when neither of those guys could even sniff the playoffs last season? Lakers gonna Lake. 

32 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

As a backup PG? He's fine. The main reason he came to Utah is because of our player development program. Turned a lot of meh players into very good ones. We'll see what happens but we needed another scorer off of the bench with our 2nd unit.

He's really not a positive NBA player. His counting stats are fine as he was the tank commander in NY, but he's a bad player. I'd assume they picked him up as the emergency point guard.

He spent his first 3 years with a team with elite player development, but he's still young so it's possible that he can turn into an okay player. 

Just now, champ11 said:

He's really not a positive NBA player. His counting stats are fine as he was the tank commander in NY, but he's a bad player. I'd assume they picked him up as the emergency point guard.

He spent his first 3 years with a team with elite player development, but he's still young so it's possible that he can turn into an okay player. 

Utah has elite player development as well though. We'll see what happens, the plan is to play him off ball. Again when you're swapping Raul Neto for Emanuel Mudiay there's no reason to complain about it. 15 ppg scorer that'll be a spark plug for us with our 2nd unit. 

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

True, but that's before they landed Davis.

I still don't get that vibe from KL...he's stated that he wants win and to be one of the best to ever lace em up. 

I think the pull of being home is the deciding factor. 

Archived