2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

23 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If they can have NO and ATL to agree to push it back one more day then no. 

But if not? The deal becomes official at noon tomorrow.

I thought they traded the other three players so this wasn't a problem?

I think as long as they hold off the vet min signings guys until after Kawhi signs they'll be fine but I'm not sure.

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I thought they traded the other three players so this wasn't a problem?

I think as long as they hold off the vet min signings guys until after Kawhi signs they'll be fine but I'm not sure.

They lose about 5M if the trade happens before Kawhi announces his decision. 

Damn it time for the Lakers if Kawhi truly isn't making a decision today. Better be early in the morning tomorrow or Pelinka has to convince the other teams to push back the trade another day. 

Good for Kawhi taking his time though. Means the meetings actually meant something and weren't for show like we see every single year. 

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I just don’t see anyway Atlanta, New Orleans, Washington and whatever other teams are now involved are willing to push this back more than a day.

The thing is there has been so much movement from that trade that do they really have a choice but to wait? More than anything, dragging it further than a day is just bad ethics. But in terms of the trade what are those teams going to say? Let's cancel the original trade which means the trade with the Hawks doesn't happen and then the trade with the Wizards doesn't happen and the trade with the Grizzlies doesn't happen? 

16 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

What a joke...

Why wouldn't he sign a 1+1 deal when he's eligible for an even bigger extension next summer and can make more money... Cris Carter has no clue what he's talking about.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Why wouldn't he sign a 1+1 deal when he's eligible for an even bigger extension next summer and can make more money... Cris Carter has no clue what he's talking about.

Definitely wouldn't say that. He has ties to that camp and mostly has been right thus far. Unless that camp is using him…But not sure why they would do that at this point. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Definitely wouldn't say that. He has ties to that camp and mostly has been right thus far. Unless that camp is using him…But not sure why they would do that at this point. 

What I don’t understand is Kawhi supposedly didn’t want any of the teams leaking anything but it’s ok for Cris Carter to go on ESPN and post on twitter everyday with a “Kawhi Update”. Doesn’t make any sense

2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

What I don’t understand is Kawhi supposedly didn’t want any of the teams leaking anything but it’s ok for Cris Carter to go on ESPN and post on twitter everyday with a “Kawhi Update”. Doesn’t make any sense

Carter isn't leaking what has happened in meetings and where Kawhi is leaning. Uncle Dennis just gives him one update a day of what is happening. And Carter has personal relationships with Kawhi's team unlike Broussard who spews BS every single day. Clearly Kawhi's camp is fine with Carter's daily tweets since they keep giving him information every single day. 

2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

When did Kawhi or anyone from his camp say that they didn't want anything being leaked?  Those are reports, mostly from people who don't have access to inside Kawhi's camp.  I mean, nobody wants stuff leaked, do they?  Cris Carter has made it clear he has known Kawhi growing up (I think that's what he said) and he has ties to Kawhi's uncle.  I wouldn't say Cris Carter is apart of their inner circle, but he is a family friend.

Also, it's somewhat risky for Kawhi to sign a one or two year deal with his injury history.  Typically, injuries tend to get worse as someone ages/puts their body through more stress.  A lot of people will say that Kawhi is still a max player even if he did suffer a serious injury, but he probably doesn't even want it to come to that.

I think the biggest hold up is if it's a long term deal... like 5 years or so.  The question is can he consistently win in Toronto over that time span.  Will other free agents, etc want to come there and join him over the years.

35 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

What a joke...

Ugh. Lame. We want the last few dominoes to fall now!!!

I want desperate teams to give a 1st for Iggy! Maybe a 2nd for Bradley!

Archived