2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

Just now, NYRaider said:

Cousins is trash and basically unplayable in the playoffs because he gets murdered in pick-n-roll defense. He was motivated last year to get paid this summer and was terrible so what's the difference this year? 

prolly a year removed from tearing his achilles 

4 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Not sure I understand this statement. Rondo shot 36% from deep last year, Danny Green shot over 45%. Cousins can actually shoot from outside and help space the floor, relative to most other big men. They have above average shooters like KCP (35%), Cook (40%), Daniels (career 40%), and Dudley (35%) off the bench. Not to mention this means Kuzma now moves to the bench to do what he does best, score. As much as people want to crap on Pelinka, this man has completely retooled this roster for the better after the crap Magic put around LeBron last season. 

Fair.  I whiffed on the Green deal

Just now, NYRaider said:

Cousins is trash and basically unplayable in the playoffs because he gets murdered in pick-n-roll defense. He was motivated last year to get paid this summer and was terrible so what's the difference this year? 

He wasn't terrible, that's a lie. In fact, post ASB he was ballin. 

The issue with him is that he suffered that quad injury in the playoffs and had a five inch vertical after that. But if he doesn't suffer that quad injury? He would have gotten a very solid contract this offseason. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He wasn't terrible, that's a lie. In fact, post ASB he was ballin. 

The issue with him is that he suffered that quad injury in the playoffs and had a five inch vertical after that. But if he doesn't suffer that quad injury? He would have gotten a very solid contract this offseason. 

He was unplayable in the Finals when it actually counted and got overpassed by Looney in the rotation. And the Warriors chose WCS over Boogie this summer... He shot 39% from the field as a Center... 

7 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Not sure I understand this statement. Rondo shot 36% from deep last year, Danny Green shot over 45%. Cousins can actually shoot from outside and help space the floor, relative to most other big men. They have above average shooters like KCP (35%), Cook (40%), Daniels (career 40%), and Dudley (35%) off the bench. Not to mention this means Kuzma now moves to the bench to do what he does best, score. As much as people want to crap on Pelinka, this man has completely retooled this roster for the better after the crap Magic put around LeBron last season. 

Cousins shot 27% from 3 last season, 25% from 3 during the playoffs, and is a career 33% 3 point shooter on 0.6 makes per game. 

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

not saying he'll be an elite type of player again but  it ain't gonna be the first year back

And most players retire within two years of an Achilles tear, it's one of the most difficult injuries to recover from in sports. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

90% of players don't ever recover from Achilles injuries though. 

Perhaps one thing in his favor is his game isnt built on speed, flash and flying thru the air.

Personally I think he'd probably be well served to drop a few pounds - but I'd like to hold off any judgements until I see him perform in game shape - as opposed to rehab shape. If he ever gets there w/o getting injured again? I cant say.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He was unplayable in the Finals when it actually counted and got overpassed by Looney in the rotation. And the Warriors chose WCS over Boogie this summer... He shot 39% from the field as a Center... 

I mean he was coming after the quad injury. You said he was terrible last year and that wasn't true. He was good up until suffering thay injury. 

He still had some moments in the finals and I respect the effort he put out. Want to see him get paid after next season. 

Archived