2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I don't really see a whole lot of separation between Tier 1 and Tier 2.

Neither do I. That said this year the only top teams in the East of right now I'd have to guess to be Milwaukee and Philly. West is a mosh pit, literally anyone 1-10 could win it IMO.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

And that's cool. Conley's coming off of a career year, Mitchell averaged 27/5/5 the 2nd half of the season, and Rudy cemented his place in history as one of the only multi-time DPOY. We'll be okay. 

You Cherry pick statistics just as much as @Matts4313

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

And that's cool. Conley's coming off of a career year, Mitchell averaged 27/5/5 the 2nd half of the season, and Rudy cemented his place in history as one of the only multi-time DPOY. We'll be okay. 

I don't know why you think I'm hating on the Jazz just because you overrate the hell out of them. Mike Conley was an awesome pickup and Gobert is a super elite interior defender and easily a top 20 player in the NBA. They'll be a great team next year. It's Donovan Mitchell no one agrees with you on.

Edited by Bullet Club

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Tobias Harris, Horford, Richardson. Mike Scott all can shoot. Heck even Embiid, and Zhaire Smith can shoot. That said they do need to add someone like Korver in order to be a top tier team. Or god forbid Ben Simmons actually adds a jump shot.

Spacing is about more than shooting though. Harris shot the ball like crap in Philadelphia last year, Horford is a career 36% 3 point shooter on a low volume of attempts, Richardson is a decent shooter but clearly a major downgrade from Redick. So by NBA standards you have a bunch of below average 3 point shooters and you're essentially starting 2 PFs and 2 Cs. 

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

And they lost an elite shooter and an elite playmaker (who carried them in that Toronto series) and replaced them with another center and an average shooter. 

they have 3 top 20ish players. east got weaker. agreed that their spacing will be a question mark...although I think Richardson is a better shooter than the stats show. he was creating a lot of his own shots in Miami, will be shooting a lot more catch and shoots. just gonna be a really weird team but should be very good. 

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

You Cherry pick statistics just as much as @Matts4313

Mitchell missed all of last summer with an injury and clearly wasn't himself to start the season. When he finally got healthy he put up superstar-level numbers. 27/5/5 on very strong efficiency. It's really not that hard to grasp buddy. 

Just now, champ11 said:

they have 3 top 20ish players. east got weaker. agreed that their spacing will be a question mark...although I think Richardson is a better shooter than the stats show. he was creating a lot of his own shots in Miami, will be shooting a lot more catch and shoots. just gonna be a really weird team but should be very good. 

Redick made more 3's at a higher clip than Richardson and Horford combined last season. 

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I don't know why you think I'm hating on the Jazz just because you overrate the hell out of them. Mike Conley was an awesome pickup and Gobert is a super elite interior defender and easily a top 20 player in the NBA. It's Donovan Mitchell no one agrees with you on.

That's cool. In the 2nd half of the season he showed that he's a top 25 player in the league, you know when he was actually healthy. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

That's cool. In the 2nd half of the season he showed that he's a top 25 player in the league, you know when he was actually healthy. 

You saying it doesn't make it true. Which is what we will see this season B|

Just now, Bullet Club said:

You saying it doesn't make it true. Which is what we will see this season B|

27/5/5 on 45/42/82 is a fact, not an opinion. Utah's record was 32-12 during that stretch. Another fact, not an opinion. But sure buddy. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Spacing is about more than shooting though. Harris shot the ball like crap in Philadelphia last year, Horford is a career 36% 3 point shooter on a low volume of attempts, Richardson is a decent shooter but clearly a major downgrade from Redick. So by NBA standards you have a bunch of below average 3 point shooters and you're essentially starting 2 PFs and 2 Cs. 

It's unconventional, however you're ignoring despite the size what each of the players is capable. Yes, I whole heartedly admit they still need a sniper. Korver would be perfect for the Sixers if decides to come back here.

Reddick was a HUGE liability defensively and his shooting really fell off towards the end of the last season. Philadelphia should be tremendous defensively next season.