2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, Danger said:

It's not hate, it's just a check of your absurd homerism. You're making an *** of yourself, and in turn it's going to lead people to push back, how is this hard to understand? 

Or we have a top 2 team in the league and FF is just hating. 

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If it's Utah vs. the field, I'm easily taking the field.  I don't think the Lakers are out of the running, but they probably prefer Andre Iguodala to Kyle Korver but they can create a second FA slot by making THT a 2-way contract.

They both fit in LeBron’s culture. Get as many guys on their last legs as possible so he can cry about not having enough help when he falls short in the postseason. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

They both fit in LeBron’s culture. Get as many guys on their last legs as possible so he can cry about not having enough help when he falls short in the postseason. 

When was the last time Utah made it past the 2nd round? Meanwhile LeBron has what 8 finals appearances and 3 titles? Don't talk about falling short LMAO

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If PER is all we’re using then Mitchell Robinson and Enes Kanter are top 25 players too. Nice!

You could use VORP, and here is their rankings:

Mike Conley Jr.: 74th
Donovan Mitchell: 30th
Rudy Gobert: 4th

Now I don't subscribe too heavily to those advanced statistics, but the notion the Jazz have 3 top 25 players is a bit of a stretch IMO.

Just now, CWood21 said:

You could use VORP, and here is their rankings:

Mike Conley Jr.: 74th
Donovan Mitchell: 30th
Rudy Gobert: 4th

Now I don't subscribe too heavily to those advanced statistics, but the notion the Jazz have 3 top 25 players is a bit of a stretch IMO.

According to the FF poll they were all top 30. But to suggest they’re all not in that range is also a joke. Mitchell was elite the second half of last season carrying a terrible offensive team. Conley is one of the best two way players in the league. And Rudy is obviously the most dominant defensive player and an elite pick n roll big in the league.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

According to FF they’re all top 30 players FYI.  

You do know how terribly flawed those polls are right? There's like a total of 8 votes casted in each poll and anyone who gets a vote gets put up on the list. I could just vote for Robert Covington in the poll for #6, and then he'd wind up being like #9. Look how many votes were casted. It's a terrible poll.

Utah has a good shot at being a top 2 seed in the west. My tiers as far as championship contenders right now is probably: 

Tier 1: Clippers, Bucks, Sixers

Tier 2: Nuggets, Lakers, Rockets, Jazz, Warriors

• Like 1