2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

4 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

He didn't lead anything. He's not the best player on that team. What a dumb argument. He's not even close to the best young layer in the NBA.

He was by far our most important offensive player and without him, we would've been dead in the water. He's not the best young layer in the NBA but he is the best young dunker. 

PolishedWideGadwall-size_restricted.gif

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm definitely taking Mitchell over KAT and Doncic. The other 3 I will give you but they've also all been in the league a lot longer than Mitchell and none of them did what he has during his first two seasons. 

Nobody in their right mind would take Mitchell over Doncic.  Nobody.  Doncic is 3 years younger, an extra year of team control, and aside from scoring drastically outproduced Mitchell.

• Like 3

Just now, CWood21 said:

Nobody in their right mind would take Mitchell over Doncic.  Nobody.  Doncic is 3 years younger, an extra year of team control, and aside from scoring drastically outproduced Mitchell.

Stat padding on a bad team > carrying a crappy offense to 50+ wins? 

The FF logic is you'd rather have a player putting up good numbers on a crappy team than good numbers on a winning team it baffles me. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Stat padding on a bad team > carrying a crappy offense to 50+ wins? 

The FF logic is you'd rather have a player putting up good numbers on a crappy team than good numbers on a winning team it baffles me. 

Please tell me you're not arguing that Doncic was a stat padder.  Please.  You take Luka Doncic off the Mavericks, and you're probably talking about a ~20 win team.  The Mavs are devoid of talent.  Look at this supporting cast.  His "best" teammates were Dwight Powell, DeAndre Jordan (before he was dealt midseason), and Maxi Kleber.  Meanwhile, Mitchell had Rudy Gobert, Derrick Favors, and Joe Ingles.  Mitchell's supporting cast >>> Luka's supporting cast, and it isn't even close.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Please tell me you're not arguing that Doncic was a stat padder.  Please.  You take Luka Doncic off the Mavericks, and you're probably talking about a ~20 win team.  The Mavs are devoid of talent.  Look at this supporting cast.  His "best" teammates were Dwight Powell, DeAndre Jordan (before he was dealt midseason), and Maxi Kleber.  Meanwhile, Mitchell had Rudy Gobert, Derrick Favors, and Joe Ingles.  Mitchell's supporting cast >>> Luka's supporting cast, and it isn't even close.

Doncic is better than Mitchell now. By the time he's 22 it won't be close.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He was stat padding on a losing team because they had no one else to shoot the ball. Mitchell had virtually no help offensively last season, Ingles is like a 4/5 option on any other good team in the league. We started 3 non-shooters around Mitchell. Again, when Luka can be the best player on a 50+ win playoff team, then compare him to Mitchell. Until then he's not on Spida's level. 

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Yeah. NYRaider doesn't watch Basketball.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

He was stat padding on a losing team because they had no one else to shoot the ball. Mitchell had virtually no help offensively last season, Ingles is like a 4/5 option on any other good team in the league. We started 3 non-shooters around Mitchell. Again, when Luka can be the best player on a 50+ win playoff team, then compare him to Mitchell. Until then he's not on Spida's level. 

If he had no help, shouldn't have Mitchell averaged more APG?  You're penalizing Luka because the Mavs were awful at putting a good supporting cast around him.  I'm not sure there's a single Mavericks' starter you'd take of Jazz starter last year.  That's not Luka's fault.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Yeah. NYRaider doesn't watch Basketball.

"Putting up empty numbers and losing > putting up good numbers and winning." - FF

Coming from the same guy that said Simmons can improve but Mitchell can't. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

"Putting up empty numbers and losing > putting up good numbers and winning." - FF

Coming from the same guy that said Simmons can improve but Mitchell can't. 

If you think Luka put up empty numbers then yeah it's fair to say you haven't seen him play.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If he had no help, shouldn't have Mitchell averaged more APG?  You're penalizing Luka because the Mavs were awful at putting a good supporting cast around him.  I'm not sure there's a single Mavericks' starter you'd take of Jazz starter last year.  That's not Luka's fault.

Luke averaged more APG because he had more offensive help than Mitchell. Mitchell also had a terrible offensive team around him. Unless you think Ricky Rubio and two centers that can't operate outside of 3 feet is a good supporting cast.