2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

AD on possibly playing for the Bulls.

With the Bulls' rebuild in a different place and Davis, who shares the same agent as James, seemingly hellbent on landing in Los Angeles, the moment passed. That's why Davis' short answer rang a little hollow when asked if wearing a Bulls jersey someday would mean anything to him. "I mean, (this is) definitely hometown," he said, "if the opportunity ever presents itself and when that time comes, I'd definitely consider it." 

"It's basketball in any condition. You find a way to play. Their love for the game is tremendous," Davis said. "No matter if it's hot or freezing cold in the gym or outside it's raining, whatever, any basketball player from Chicago, it means a lot more to us because we are a basketball city. And we are the Mecca of basketball. You can quote me on that." 

Edited by NYRaider

I saw on twitter that the Kings are interested in a potential Blake Griffin trade and would look to package Harrison Barnes, Bogdan Bogdanovic, and picks. 

Not sure how well it would work defensively but they'd have some talent for sure. 

Fox - Hield - Ariza - Griffin - Bagley 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I saw on twitter that the Kings are interested in a potential Blake Griffin trade and would look to package Harrison Barnes, Bogdan Bogdanovic, and picks. 

Not sure how well it would work defensively but they'd have some talent for sure. 

Fox - Hield - Ariza - Griffin - Bagley 

Would be a terrible trade for Detroit. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Bucks are going to run through the East so easily next season it's sickening. 

Hope so. One would think we should be the massive favorites until we see how Philadelphia looks, at the very least. 

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Hope so. One would think we should be the massive favorites until we see how Philadelphia looks, at the very least. 

I really don't like how the 76ers roster is constructed and don't see any way that they're beating Milwaukee in a 7 game series tbh. I think Giannis is going to take his game to the next level this year too. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I really don't like how the 76ers roster is constructed and don't see any way that they're beating Milwaukee in a 7 game series tbh. I think Giannis is going to take his game to the next level this year too. 

I don't disagree. I'm hoping Korver works with Giannis the same way he worked with LeBron in his time with Cleveland. Giannis needs to go back to shooting some mid-range again. He's got that shot, he's always had it. He needs to keep the defense honest. However, I don't think a Toronto series happens again. Not with how we're surrounding him with catch and shoot shooters. The additions of Matthews and Korver in that regard are going to be huge.

14 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Meanwhile the West is like 10 teams deep, maybe 11 if the Kings can pry away Blake Griffin

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I don't disagree. I'm hoping Korver works with Giannis the same way he worked with LeBron in his time with Cleveland. Giannis needs to go back to shooting some mid-range again. He's got that shot, he's always had it. He needs to keep the defense honest. However, I don't think a Toronto series happens again. Not with how we're surrounding him with catch and shoot shooters. The additions of Matthews and Korver in that regard are going to be huge.

I think ultimately that Toronto series will be a positive thing for Giannis' career. Obviously losing in the ECF sucks but every superstar fell short on the big stage before they were able to get their first title. It's also scary that Giannis was the best player in the league last season and he's just scratching the surface of how good he can be. Middleton needs to step it up this year and play up to that contract. I think Brogdon will be a bigger lose than most realize but Matthews is a solid replacement especially at the price.

Just now, NYRaider said:

I think ultimately that Toronto series will be a positive thing for Giannis' career. Obviously losing in the ECF sucks but every superstar fell short on the big stage before they were able to get their first title. It's also scary that Giannis was the best player in the league last season and he's just scratching the surface of how good he can be. Middleton needs to step it up this year and play up to that contract. I think Brogdon will be a bigger lose than most realize but Matthews is a solid replacement especially at the price.

Sure, Brogdon is a loss, not downplaying that, but I don't think it's going to make or break us. He simply didn't want to be here anymore and there's really nothing we could've done about it. Getting 3 picks for him was good work by Horst. We can use that 1st at the deadline to land someone of value if we see fit. 

20 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Is that quote recent? With that and his interview recently, I don’t see how Lakers fans aren’t sweating a bit.

Yeah, it's from an article that was published yesterday in the Chicago Tribune. 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bulls/ct-bulls-anthony-davis-lakers-free-agency-20190720-shiq3luaxveknpx2cae5xeexi4-story.html