Jets fire Mike Maccagnan.

MikeT14

Not really mad about any of this. The timing sucks, but no sense in crying over a sunk cost. If it was determined that Mac had to go, then this was a move that had to be made regardless of the timing, and especially if you have the opportunity to bring in a guy that gets along with Gase better and has a much better reputation in league circles. I'm excited about Joe Douglas from what I've read thus far. Eagles fans seem to be upset about losing him and he helped build a Super Bowl winner in Philly in a short amount of time. He has 3 SB rings in total, the guy's been around winners.

The media just needs something to talk about and it's easy to pick on New York sports right now. Prior to all this, we were one of the biggest winners of the offseason. At the end of this all, we'll be in better hands. 

I love how beat writers are just acting like CJ is supposed to stand pat and watch the team suffer. 

Sure he should have done it earlier but firing him now isn’t hurting us going forward. He actually sat and watched things play out and saw the issues. Woody would never. 

5 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I love how beat writers are just acting like CJ is supposed to stand pat and watch the team suffer. 

Sure he should have done it earlier but firing him now isn’t hurting us going forward. He actually sat and watched things play out and saw the issues. Woody would never. 

Agreed. Better to act late than not at all.

18 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Weird how Schefter and Rap are quiet about it. We do have to fulfill the Rooney Rule before anything is done. Doubt that was done in less than a day.

You never know, how strict is the Rooney rule? Could a 2 hour long phone interview count towards satisfying the Rooney rule? 

I think the Jets have had internal discussions for weeks, knew who they wanted and are acting quickly. 

30 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

You never know, how strict is the Rooney rule? Could a 2 hour long phone interview count towards satisfying the Rooney rule? 

I think the Jets have had internal discussions for weeks, knew who they wanted and are acting quickly. 

Very strict.  You must talk with someone in minority from outside the organization. However, it won't always be informed to public.  Just NFL office.  Also, I believe we must meet NFL's qualified list for minority, not just a random.    It is easy for Jets to get it done by looking up NFL's list and pick one to interview.

4 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

His leak is gone, he’s gotta make up stuff as he goes along now.

Boomer said Heimerdinger was his big source inside.

I'm not upset about the firing.  I've supported Macc hoping for the best, but anyone who takes a step back can see that he did a subpar job so far.  The timing of this is infuriating.  The fact that there seems to have been a "perfect" candidate out there and readily available yet we still let Macc run this offseason only to fire him anyway is franchise malpractice.

All I can hope for is that Douglas gets brought in and forms the cohesive Coach/GM partnership that any good team has.

Silver lining?  Maybe some of our mid round picks will stick around for a while now.

Please Sam.. Please.

Edited by Kyu