Jets fire Mike Maccagnan.

MikeT14

Not really sure how I feel about this. Whenever I think we are headed in the right direction, boom. Not saying Macc was average or anything. Like I’ve said, he’s done a below average job. But I think he should have been giving at least the first half.

Im getting to the point with the Jets as I did with the Mets a few years back. Why bother following this franchise. I stopped watching the Knicks, then the Mets. In another year, it’ll be the Jets.

Ive been watching local HS sports more and more. It’s been a slow transition for me.

Just now, SDotNova said:

Not really sure how I feel about this. Whenever I think we are headed in the right direction, boom. Not saying Macc was average or anything. Like I’ve said, he’s done a below average job. But I think he should have been giving at least the first half.

Im getting to the point with the Jets as I did with the Mets a few years back. Why bother following this franchise. I stopped watching the Knicks, then the Mets. In another year, it’ll be the Jets.

Ive been watching local HS sports more and more. It’s been a slow transition for me.

of the 3 the Jets have been the most competent, Knicks just threw an entire season for a kid they won't even be able to draft.

Ideally Macc would have been fired in January but better late than never. Now the new guy can come in and start now instead January.

5 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Ah... Nice to know ya. lol.

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

of the 3 the Jets have been the most competent, Knicks just threw an entire season for a kid they won't even be able to draft.

Ideally Macc would have been fired in January but better late than never. Now the new guy can come in and start now instead January.

Not even Phil Jackson or Brown something could turn Knicks around for a good long period.  Amazing.

Edited by JetsandI

4 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Ah... Nice to know ya. lol.

Not even Phil Jackson or Brown something can't turn Knicks around.  Amazing.

Lol. I’ll give one last hope. Let’s see what happens. 

The Knicks had Isaiah, Larry Brown and Phil. None of those guys got close. The Mets tried a bunch of stuff even Money Ball with Alderson. Some franchises just can’t win with their current ownership. It’s beconing clear that the Jets might be one of them. 

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

Lol. I’ll give one last hope. Let’s see what happens. 

The Knicks had Isaiah, Larry Brown and Phil. None of those guys got close. The Mets tried a bunch of stuff even Money Ball with Alderson. Some franchises just can’t win with their current ownership. It’s beconing clear that the Jets might be one of them. 

There is a hope for you and Jets,  Jets don't reside in NYC.

• Like 1

I am not a fan of the Mike Maccagnan based on his draft and free agent history so I am shedding no tears.  On the surface I supported many of Mike Maccagnan's moves but the moves did not work out so adios muchacho.    The timing is fine because it takes time for a new GM to bring in new staff and scouts in such a short period  of time before the draft.  Waiting until after the draft was the right move.    A new GM could now have time to bring in new personnel and scouts.  The new scouts have time to scout players for the next draft.    The cap situation is fine.   One thing Maccagnan did well was build the ability to get out of contracts within 2 years so any cap space can be recouped in a short time.    Adam Gase has proven nothing for me to support his power play.   The Jets better have a winning season  if Gase wants total control so bad.   We'll see how this goes.   GO JETS!!!!!

Edited by famousj

What the Truck is going on? This does not look good for the Jets. I can't remember when a team let a GM go after the draft. This will scare a lot good GM away from the jets and maybe some players. Now we have a fight with Gase and Bell. You know you don't want to fight with Bell because he will not show up. There are 2 big timer losers in this , The Jet Fans (as usual) and Sam Darnold. If Gase starts out 0-3 or 0-4 he is going to be dead man walking all year. That means we have now thrown away 2 years of Darnold on cheap contract. I have been a fan for 35 years now and as soon as we turn a corner something stupid happens. Ya Mac was not that good but you have to have an image out there. They should have fired him along with Bowles. I'm really starting to think this team is in trouble until the Johnson's sell the team or die. I don't think they will sell anytime soon so we are going to be waiting until they die. :(

• Like 2