2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Will walk even happier after re-signing for three years!!!! 

Lol. I don't see it but the Knicks are a mess and he could be seen as a 'saviour'. Maybe but as of now I see him bolting for New York. Nets or Knicks.

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Lol. I don't see it but the Knicks are a mess and he could be seen as a 'saviour'. Maybe but as of now I see him bolting for New York. Nets or Knicks.

I was a lot more confident in him leaving for the Knicks a few months back than I am now. Now we are hearing Kyrie prefers the Nets instead of the Knicks and I always thought those two would go to the Knicks. Wouldn't be surprised if he re-signs for two more years and then ends up leaving. 

LIS, he is now vindicated in a sense and no one can say he wasn't needed to win a title. That could change his mindset in what he wants to do this offseason. 

BRO.... lmao this dude is so funny.

Reporter:  If you guys win the NBA title, what do you think this will mean for the city of Toronto?  You've already won with the San Antonio Spurs and you've seen the way it's impacted that community.  What do you think this will do for Canada?

Kawhi:  Um, I'm really not sure.  You'd have to ask somebody on the street...

6 minutes ago, showtime said:

Reporter:  If you guys win the NBA title, what do you think this will mean for the city of Toronto?  You've already won with the San Antonio Spurs and you've seen the way it's impacted that community.  What do you think this will do for Canada?

the funny part about his answers is that he isn't trying to be funny but is.

48 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I was a lot more confident in him leaving for the Knicks a few months back than I am now. Now we are hearing Kyrie prefers the Nets instead of the Knicks and I always thought those two would go to the Knicks. Wouldn't be surprised if he re-signs for two more years and then ends up leaving. 

LIS, he is now vindicated in a sense and no one can say he wasn't needed to win a title. That could change his mindset in what he wants to do this offseason. 

I don't see why they would go to the Knicks. The Nets could have Levert as the #3 option, Dinwiddie, Allen, Harris, & Kurucs. They would be a way better team if they joined the Nets. Like three or so months ago we did the FA predictions thread and I might have been the only one who had KD & Kyrie going to the Nets cause going to the Knicks would be incredibly dumb and it never really made sense.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

I don't know much about Kawhi Leonard but I do know that he was that kid in elementary school who pulled his pants all the way down to his ankles to go pee.

11 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I don't see why they would go to the Knicks. The Nets could have Levert as the #3 option, Dinwiddie, Allen, Harris, & Kurucs. They would be a way better team if they joined the Nets. Like three or so months ago we did the FA predictions thread and I might have been the only one who had KD & Kyrie going to the Nets cause going to the Knicks would be incredibly dumb and it never really made sense.

Nets no question would be the better team, but the Knicks still have more brand appeal. I mean if it was just about winning, then he wouldn't leave GS. The Knicks are Durant's equivalent of the Lakers move for LeBron. Will be interesting to see what he does. But if he wants to win yet be the absolute clear #1? Then you go to the Clippers or Nets and don't look back. 

@J-ALL-DAY

Ive been thinking about this and while I believe the Knicks are definitely his LeBron to LA move something that at times throughout the year have definitely seemed like a done deal however if it comes out the the injury is much worse than expected and it is an Achilles or something I could see him signing with GS for the max and cashing in and also having some legacy intact like the warriors definitely need him to win if they lose this but a second however it’s still a series and if they come back down 3-1 and win without him he’s gone. 

23 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

@J-ALL-DAY

Ive been thinking about this and while I believe the Knicks are definitely his LeBron to LA move something that at times throughout the year have definitely seemed like a done deal however if it comes out the the injury is much worse than expected and it is an Achilles or something I could see him signing with GS for the max and cashing in and also having some legacy intact like the warriors definitely need him to win if they lose this but a second however it’s still a series and if they come back down 3-1 and win without him he’s gone. 

He doesn't have an Achilles injury. If that was the case, he wouldn't be working out trying to come back. People are saying his Achilles may be torn, but if that was the case then he would have had surgery already. What is more likely is this is probably a grade 2 calf sprain and those take 4-6 weeks to recover. And his recovery is actually on that timetable. 

I thought the Knicks were a done deal as well, but I also figured Kyrie was a lock to join him. Not sure about that now. And if the Warriors lose without him… which they will, then his rings all of a sudden get validated more and people go back to talking about how he out played peak LeBron in back to back years. 

His business manager will definitely push him to go play for the Knicks no doubt. I feel like he along with probably Nike want him to go to the Knicks more than he does. But they also probably assumed the Dubs would run away with the title once again. 

Interesting times indeed. 

40 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He doesn't have an Achilles injury. If that was the case, he wouldn't be working out trying to come back. People are saying his Achilles may be torn, but if that was the case then he would have had surgery already. What is more likely is this is probably a grade 2 calf sprain and those take 4-6 weeks to recover. And his recovery is actually on that timetable.

This.  The guy is doing calf raises and is on the court.  There's no way in hell he could do that if his Achilles was torn.  He has a calf injury, just as you said.

4 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I agree.  The Nets are in New York City as well.  Doesn't really make any sense to go to the Knicks over the Nets.

Archived